5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORP Springs + Leveling Kit on 2019 Ram 1500

ScottChurch

Reaction score
scott,

can you do me a favor and take a pic of your front sway bar links? in my previous post i asked another member to post a picture of his, i have a sqeak when going ofver bumps and a small clunk when the suspension really compresses. it looks as if my drive side link may have bound up when i did the lift.

everything else is tight and torqued. just trying to see what everyone elses looks like
Did you make sure to drop the truck on the ground before torquing everything down? My sway bar was bound so I loosened all my bolts that have bushings and then retorqued.
469B902E-F2E9-47C8-B016-7D4CC2926815.jpeg C6610CBC-3575-4501-B085-6F0F00105435.jpeg

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
Did you make sure to drop the truck on the ground before torquing everything down? My sway bar was bound so I loosened all my bolts that have bushings and then retorqued.
View attachment 73250 View attachment 73249
I did do though, however mine definitley looks more bound than that, i removed the sway bar at the frame side, so i m thinking i need to remove it at the A arm side, and reseat the sway bar (cause its ball and socket) Thanks for the pic. atleast i know its a simple fix. as the passenger side looks good, however tis the drive side that i get the noise.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
So, Little update on my truck, The rear was sitting lower than the front giving it a cali squat. Contacted motofab sent me brand new 2" spacers for the rear , and while i was at it, put the air lifting 1000HD Springs. WOW they are awesome in a lifted truck. Took some bounce out since i always have 100lbs or so in the bed. And now with traveling for work a bit more, my Job box in the back for the winter here. should make a difference big time. Especially towing this upcoming summer!

jsteinm1

Reaction score
My truck was a non OPR V6. I added OPR front springs and bilstein setting 5. I got around 3 1/4 lift.
How's the ride with this setup? I'm thinking of doing the same but want to keep a good ride. Did you do ORP in the rear too? What about UCAs?

Eagle85

Reaction score
I recently did a similar lift to my truck as what you are planning.

I used the Mopar UCAs, Mopar ORP springs, Motofab 2.0 inch front leveling kit, Rough Country extended rear shocks and the Motofab 2.0 inch rear lift kit.

This setup left me with exactly 1 inch of rake, which is what I wanted so that when I tow and have stuff in the bed it levels out.

I was going to make a separate thread on my experience with this lift but since yours is so similar I figured it’s better to comment here. I ended up gaining 1.5” in the front from the Mopar ORP springs (assuming because I am 2wd and have less weight in the front). This is why I paired my truck with the 2” motofab spacer instead of the 2.5”.

Stock heights (hub to fender)
Front: 21.5”
Rear: 24”

Lifted heights (hub to fender)
Front: 25”
Rear: 26”

I drove the truck around for one week with the lift and stock tires on it. I can say that to me the truck rode equally as good as it did before the lift. Pre lift I felt like my truck was pretty floaty, sometimes annoyingly so. Now the truck rides more firm but not in a bad way. I feel big bumps much less than I did before and the truck recovers faster than it did before. I also feel like the truck is better planted in turns with less sway and less nose dive on braking. Overall both me and my wife think the change in ride is negligible, neither better nor worse.

Feel free to ask any questions. I did do the full install myself in my garage/driveway and I think most people with a little how to and a lot of patience can do it.
I am looking at getting the ORP front springs to pair with the Bilstein 5100s. My question is about the lower spring perch. Going from a Non-ORP spring, to the ORP spring, does the lower perch need to be changed too? Is the bottom different at all?

Eagle85

Reaction score
My truck was a non OPR V6. I added OPR front springs and bilstein setting 5. I got around 3 1/4 lift.
Can you confirm the spring perch and tophat from the non-ORP strut worked fine with the ORP spring on the 5100? I have heard the lower spring perch might be different and want to know before I tear everything apart.

JCLAYTON13

Reaction score
Truck came with the ORP. Just put the 2” spacer up front and the UCA’s. Had to verify with Zone that the UCA’s fit the 2020. I had them from my 4th Gen that I never installed.
Truck now sits perfectly level. I was gonna go with the 2.5” spacer with 1.5” in the rear but figured ide try this first. Just looks silly now with stock tires. 35’s next week and hopefully flip these tires to recoup so $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So I went with the 2.5 front and 1.5 rear on my 2020 Rebel, but when I measured from the bottom of the fender well the rear was almost 1/2 inch lower that the front. I am going to find some even ground to verify the measurements, but wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue?

Jprec8it

Reaction score
Does the ORP 1 inch factory lift (which my truck came with) have the standard upper control arms, or the other Mopar 2 inch lift ones? I am looking at the Carli / Fox set up - with the Carli upper control arms, and removing my factory ORP lift. Looking just to level the truck, as i am not a huge fan of the stink bug rake these trucks come with.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the ORP 1 inch factory lift (which my truck came with) have the standard upper control arms, or the other Mopar 2 inch lift ones? I am looking at the Carli / Fox set up - with the Carli upper control arms, and removing my factory ORP lift. Looking just to level the truck, as i am not a huge fan of the stink bug rake these trucks come with.

Should just be the standard.

Sanders

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing about the factory ORP UCA? I would think they would be the “lifted” version. My ball joints are sitting perfectly straight and making me wonder if I could put some 2” spacers in and not change out my UCA. Any thoughts or options on that option?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably just the standard control arm. It’s only a 1” lift so the cv axle isn’t going to change much. That’s a different story when you start to go 2”+ inches then your really need to upgrade to better control arms to get your angles right.

HookedonRam

Reaction score
I am going with Bilstein 6112s and I want to get Mopar top mount anyone have the part number by any chance? TIA

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
Can some one explain the differance bwtween the 25.00 rear ORP springs (68262684AB) and the ones that are 110.00 (68370565) which according to the sheet are the correct replacements for my vehicle.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to a local large dealership. Had a tape measure in hand. Measured 5 trucks from the center of the hub to the bottom edge of the fender. Two trucks were Bighorn, two were Laramie, and one had the off-road package. ALL of them measured within 1/4" of each other from center cap to fender. I was a little surprised.

Jorangel87

Reaction score
For what it’s worth here are the spring part numbers that I used:

Driver side: 68320249AC
Passenger side: 68320250AB

I spoke to the parts guy at my dealership and told him everyone was using the 68320249AC for both sides, so he did some digging and said that they should be different. I went with the two different springs above and it worked for me.
I used both 68320249ac and worked fine.

Jorangel87

Reaction score
Nice suprise when I came home from work.

Mopar Front Off Road Springs arrived, and the motofab 2.5" Front spacers and 1" rear spacers came in.

Thanks to member scott church for providing the mopar 2" lift upper control arms.

they have been ordered.

Ordering wheels and tires in the next couple of days
Where can I find those 1” spacers for the rear of my 19 limited non air ride

Jorangel87

Reaction score
Truck came with the ORP. Just put the 2” spacer up front and the UCA’s. Had to verify with Zone that the UCA’s fit the 2020. I had them from my 4th Gen that I never installed.
Truck now sits perfectly level. I was gonna go with the 2.5” spacer with 1.5” in the rear but figured ide try this first. Just looks silly now with stock tires. 35’s next week and hopefully flip these tires to recoup so $.

By chance do you have the rear P/N for the orp springs?

tylerdzugan

Reaction score
It's been fantastic. I prefer it over the 2.5" kits which drastically alter geometry. There's some views in my videos:

Hi @WXman I have been watching you on youtube and I know this is an old post. But I have a 19 north edition and want to do the 1.5" spacer lift on the front. Did you end up with any issues after doing yours? And should I upgrade to the mopar UCA? Thank you in advance!

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi @WXman I have been watching you on youtube and I know this is an old post. But I have a 19 north edition and want to do the 1.5" spacer lift on the front. Did you end up with any issues after doing yours? And should I upgrade to the mopar UCA? Thank you in advance!

Thanks. I had no issues and wouldn't bother with the Mopar UCA personally, but if you have plenty of funds it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread