5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORP Springs + Leveling Kit on 2019 Ram 1500

ScottChurch

Reaction score
I doubt my truck will ever be at full droop. It's just a pavement princess. and than you so much. you definitely see the additional angle. looks like that will be the route i'm going.
Of course, if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Here is a picture of my truck stock:
D067070B-5B37-4578-A907-826C4FDE2067.jpeg

Picture of it post lift:
811DA8E7-35D1-4221-8A5A-574C38553FA7.jpeg

Stock heights (hub to fender)
Front: 21.5”
Rear: 24”

Lifted heights (hub to fender)
Front: 25”
Rear: 26”

I am running a 33x12.5r20 and a 20x10 -19 wheel. It all fit with no rubbing and no trimming.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
Of course, if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Here is a picture of my truck stock:
View attachment 66717

Picture of it post lift:
View attachment 66721

Stock heights (hub to fender)
Front: 21.5”
Rear: 24”

Lifted heights (hub to fender)
Front: 25”
Rear: 26”

I am running a 33x12.5r20 and a 20x10 -19 wheel. It all fit with no rubbing and no trimming.
That looks amazing.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Ahh so your compressing the spring to give you more lift. thus making the ride rougher cause that will increase the spring rate.

Correct, basically more preload. Most people will never notice what I'm talking about. If you run the truck fast off-road you will.
I added the ORP to the Mopar lift to compensate for added weight from my winch and mount up front and to a certain extent my rock sliders.

77nova13

Reaction score
Hey, quick question. Im trying to do this 3.5 lift with ORP springs and spacers. Do you need to change the strut for the ORP springs? Also are the springs the same for the left and right side? Thank you!

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
Correct, basically more preload. Most people will never notice what I'm talking about. If you run the truck fast off-road you will.
I added the ORP to the Mopar lift to compensate for added weight from my winch and mount up front and to a certain extent my rock sliders.
Oh yea trust me I understand trying to correct for added weight, changing spring rates etc cause of of my Jeep.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
N
Hey, quick question. Im trying to do this 3.5 lift with ORP springs and spacers. Do you need to change the strut for the ORP springs? Also are the springs the same for the left and right side? Thank you!
nope you don’t have to change the strut out as it’s just a longer spring , I have the part numbers for the off road springs in my first post on the thread

ScottChurch

Reaction score
For what it’s worth here are the spring part numbers that I used:

Driver side: 68320249AC
Passenger side: 68320250AB

I spoke to the parts guy at my dealership and told him everyone was using the 68320249AC for both sides, so he did some digging and said that they should be different. I went with the two different springs above and it worked for me.

ScottChurch

Reaction score
Have any of you guys added the ORP springs to the rear?
I have not, I would have if I wanted to have 1” of lift in the rear. I knew that I wanted to keep some rake so I decided to just do a 2.0” spacer.

I think the ORP rear springs would be a good option though if the 1” lift is what you are wanting.

77nova13

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I want to get 35x12.5 20s on. Im not sure if with worth doing the springs and control arms or just the mf 2.5 spacers and the rear

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1.5" spacers on my ORP factory setup created an occasional THUNK if I hit a deep dip or pot hole in the road. I guess it's the strut bottoming out or the UCA hitting the coil, not sure. It's so rare I haven't investigated. But I certainly would not go more than 1.5" of lift on stock parts.

As far as 35" tires go...my tires are very close to the same size as a 35 and there's plenty of room. I don't see why a guy would need 3" or more of lift to fit a 35. I'm on 1.5" front and stock rear and I could fit a 35 easy peasy. In fact, I wish that's what I had gone with.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
Nice suprise when I came home from work.

Mopar Front Off Road Springs arrived, and the motofab 2.5" Front spacers and 1" rear spacers came in.

Thanks to member scott church for providing the mopar 2" lift upper control arms.

they have been ordered.

Ordering wheels and tires in the next couple of days

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 208
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 205

ScottChurch

Reaction score
Nice suprise when I came home from work.

Mopar Front Off Road Springs arrived, and the motofab 2.5" Front spacers and 1" rear spacers came in.

Thanks to member scott church for providing the mopar 2" lift upper control arms.

they have been ordered.

Ordering wheels and tires in the next couple of days

Awesome, there is no better surprise to come home to.

I don’t remember if you planned on doing the install yourself, but if you do I would recommend marking the orientation of the top strut mount to that of the bottom strut mount.

In my infinite wisdom I did not do that and ended up having to take the strut apart to fix the orientation so that it would match the top and bottom holes.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
Awesome, there is no better surprise to come home to.

I don’t remember if you planned on doing the install yourself, but if you do I would recommend marking the orientation of the top strut mount to that of the bottom strut mount.

In my infinite wisdom I did not do that and ended up having to take the strut apart to fix the orientation so that it would match the top and bottom holes.
Yea, i do plan on doing the install myself. should be a cake walk compared to setting up the jeeps suspension. and great thanks!!

jthorn75

Reaction score
could you add some 5100s to gain a little extra lift on top of what your gaining if you wanted to?

ScottChurch

Reaction score
could you add some 5100s to gain a little extra lift on top of what your gaining if you wanted to?
I would say you could use 5100s as opposed to the ORP springs if you wanted to. But I wouldn’t recommend trying to achieve over 3.5” of lift without going to a drop bracket style of lift.

jthorn75

Reaction score
I would say you could use 5100s as opposed to the ORP springs if you wanted to. But I wouldn’t recommend trying to achieve over 3.5” of lift without going to a drop bracket style of lift.
Is that due to the strain on 4wd components or the suspension itself?

TJ1789

Reaction score
Yes, they are pretty cheap. They are the same UCAs that the Mopar lift comes with.

I took a couple pictures while assembling because I figured people would be curious.

You can see The difference in angles here between the Mopar (first image) and stock (second image).
View attachment 66691 View attachment 66692
View attachment 66693

Here you can see the differences on the truck. The first image is stock and the second is with the lift and Mopar UCAs.
View attachment 66695
View attachment 66694
Scott thanks for the post. Do you recommend getting the 2 inch Mopar UCA’s if I have the ORP and want to level it with the Bilstein’s to 1-1.5”? I don’t plan on lifting the rear right now. I figure I’m already starting out with plus 1 inch due to the ORP package.

Users who are viewing this thread