5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORP Springs + Leveling Kit on 2019 Ram 1500

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
So I've been reading the forums alot on the ORP vs Non ORP rams.

So i decided to create this thread to cover my trials with it.

I want to lift my truck to aroun the 3-3.5" Range ( was looking at the Ready lift and Rough country)

However i've never been a fan of preload spacers. And enough reading on hear i decided ill achieve my lift using the leveling and the ORP Front springs with a leveling spacer in the rear.

So the parts I've ordered (waiting to arrive at time of posting)

(2) ORP Front Springs Part number ~ 68320249AC Ordered from MOPAR PARTS ONLINE $108.13 Shipped

(2) Moto Fab Front 2.5" Lift Spacers Part Number ~ DR-2.5

(2) Moto Fab rear Lift Spacers 1" Part Number ~ DR-1R

(2) Rough Country Lifted Upper Control Arms Part ~ 31402

waiting to order wheels and tires when the wheels i want become available

Looking at Motiv Offroad Magnus 423B 20 x 10 -25 Offset

Tires I'm still deciding between 33s & 34s

In addition to prevent any sag, as i do use this as a truck im looking at adding the air lift 1000 helper bags when i do hook up the jeep trailer.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm basically in the same boat. Trying to decide if I should do a rear 1" spacer. I'm leaning towards doing sumo springs vs the air bags.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
I'm basically in the same boat. Trying to decide if I should do a rear 1" spacer. I'm leaning towards doing sumo springs vs the air bags.

Honestly, havent even thought about that.. Correct me if Im wrong do they go in place of the bump stop? Haven you used before, are there any changes in unladen weight ride.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know if this helps or not, but I have ORP springs as factory equipment, and I added 1.5" leveling spacers in the front only. With stock tires on the truck, my measurement is exactly 39" from ground to lip of fender in front and rear now. Perfectly level.

So, if you do a 2.5" leveling spacer in the front, you will want to do 1" spacer in the rear also. Otherwise you'll end up with the "stink bug" look with the nose higher than the tail, which affects a lot of aspects of the truck.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
Don't know if this helps or not, but I have ORP springs as factory equipment, and I added 1.5" leveling spacers in the front only. With stock tires on the truck, my measurement is exactly 39" from ground to lip of fender in front and rear now. Perfectly level.

So, if you do a 2.5" leveling spacer in the front, you will want to do 1" spacer in the rear also. Otherwise you'll end up with the "stink bug" look with the nose higher than the tail, which affects a lot of aspects of the truck.

Yep.

I have the rear 1" Lift spacers coming for the rear as well.

im 36" in the front right now. and 37 3/4" In the rear right now with stock 275/55/20

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly, havent even thought about that.. Correct me if Im wrong do they go in place of the bump stop? Haven you used before, are there any changes in unladen weight ride.

I haven't ever used them. I've just heard the sumos are a good middle ground between timbren and airbags. Yes, they do replace the bump stop.

I also ordered a 1" rear for mine. These are my current measurements.

20C8057C-A1A0-4E4E-BE8C-16E34286D485.jpeg

Assuming the difference in the rear is due to a full 33 gallon fuel tank lol.

ScottChurch

Reaction score
I recently did a similar lift to my truck as what you are planning.

I used the Mopar UCAs, Mopar ORP springs, Motofab 2.0 inch front leveling kit, Rough Country extended rear shocks and the Motofab 2.0 inch rear lift kit.

This setup left me with exactly 1 inch of rake, which is what I wanted so that when I tow and have stuff in the bed it levels out.

I was going to make a separate thread on my experience with this lift but since yours is so similar I figured it’s better to comment here. I ended up gaining 1.5” in the front from the Mopar ORP springs (assuming because I am 2wd and have less weight in the front). This is why I paired my truck with the 2” motofab spacer instead of the 2.5”.

Stock heights (hub to fender)
Front: 21.5”
Rear: 24”

Lifted heights (hub to fender)
Front: 25”
Rear: 26”

I drove the truck around for one week with the lift and stock tires on it. I can say that to me the truck rode equally as good as it did before the lift. Pre lift I felt like my truck was pretty floaty, sometimes annoyingly so. Now the truck rides more firm but not in a bad way. I feel big bumps much less than I did before and the truck recovers faster than it did before. I also feel like the truck is better planted in turns with less sway and less nose dive on braking. Overall both me and my wife think the change in ride is negligible, neither better nor worse.

Feel free to ask any questions. I did do the full install myself in my garage/driveway and I think most people with a little how to and a lot of patience can do it.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine already came with Offroad package and my measurement is exactly 39" from ground to lip of fender in the rear and 37" in front, will installed the Motofab 2" this weekend or next, then i may go with 285/65/20 tire later on, hope it will not rub.

Truckguy

Reaction score
Anyone have the Mopar UCA part number. Tried searching google and the forum search but maybe I overlooked it.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
These are the ones I ordered/used:

Mopar UCA
Right 68323530AA
Left 68323531AA
WOW

Mopar parts online has these lifted control arms for 48.48 a piece, comparred to the the rough country $350 ones.

do you have a picture of your upper ball joint angle with them installed??

this may be a better option to go with being as its cheaper and a true mopar PN. (Im thinking this as warranty coverage)

ScottChurch

Reaction score
Yes, they are pretty cheap. They are the same UCAs that the Mopar lift comes with.

I took a couple pictures while assembling because I figured people would be curious.

You can see The difference in angles here between the Mopar (first image) and stock (second image).
625D9D85-834C-4E0C-A79C-E272F0B72F33.jpeg 57215552-77A5-4925-B49F-12075A9A4771.jpeg
69CF0C50-0A45-43C8-B83A-A17D74A2FAE0.jpeg

Here you can see the differences on the truck. The first image is stock and the second is with the lift and Mopar UCAs.
3B7AF5DE-AE54-43FA-A5A4-1053C4865B71.jpeg
29B77378-ABFD-4CE9-A3A5-0E86C471177F.jpeg

ScottChurch

Reaction score
WOW

Mopar parts online has these lifted control arms for 48.48 a piece, comparred to the the rough country $350 ones.

do you have a picture of your upper ball joint angle with them installed??

this may be a better option to go with being as its cheaper and a true mopar PN. (Im thinking this as warranty coverage)
I just realized that I didn’t quote you in my post, but see my response above. I personally think the Mopar UCAs are fine, they are not binding at the angle that they reach at full droop.

The only potential concern you could have is that at full droop my UCAs do contact the spring, but that does not occur until full droop and I have noticed that is a problem in other lift threads as well.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Be warned. I added the ORP springs to my mopar lift. The ride is very stiff and if you do a lot of high speed fire roads, etc it's not pleasant.
That shock valving and ORP does not go well together in general.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
Be warned. I added the ORP springs to my mopar lift. The ride is very stiff and if you do a lot of high speed fire roads, etc it's not pleasant.
That shock valving and ORP does not go well together in general.

is the mopar lift in the front a spacer in the spring, or tophat spacer? havent done enough research.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
I just realized that I didn’t quote you in my post, but see my response above. I personally think the Mopar UCAs are fine, they are not binding at the angle that they reach at full droop.

The only potential concern you could have is that at full droop my UCAs do contact the spring, but that does not occur until full droop and I have noticed that is a problem in other lift threads as well.
I doubt my truck will ever be at full droop. It's just a pavement princess. and than you so much. you definitely see the additional angle. looks like that will be the route i'm going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/