5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered truck with Offroad package but didn’t get 1” suspension lift?

rsonedecker

Reaction score
If the Raised Ride Height is not on the build sheet, the truck did not get the 1". For instance, there is the North package that had nearly all of the off-road but not extra 1". There were also a couple of regional sales packages that had everything but the lift and a different wheel/tire combo. What the OP needs is his original order print out fron his dealer. I suspect they may have done a build without it.
North Packages around here get the 1" lift. The original package announcement indicated a 1" lift.

These should be the part numbers on your truck (non-air-suspension) - check your back shock and spring:
Rear Spring - 68262686AB or 68262684AB
Rear Shock - 68262592AC

Also there will be a green sticker on one of the shocks that says "Shock Absorber - Lifted"

Last edited:

rsonedecker

Reaction score
North Packages around here get the 1" lift. The original package announcement indicated a 1" lift.

These should be the part numbers on your truck (non-air-suspension) - check your back shock and spring:
Rear Spring - 68262686AB
Rear Shock - 68262592AC

Also there will be a green sticker on one of the shocks that says "Shock Absorber - Lifted"
And if you're so inclined, these should be in the front:
Front Spring - 68320249AB
Front Shock/Strut - 68277314AC

geotex1

Reaction score
Saying he may have wanted ORG but that the order may have not have been and was pieced together since his build sheet doesn't have the RRH. The North can have the 1" taken out and still be a North. The ORG is to always have the 1". At least this is how it was when I considered ordering in October and November.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Saying he may have wanted ORG but that the order may have not have been and was pieced together since his build sheet doesn't have the RRH. The North can have the 1" taken out and still be a North. The ORG is to always have the 1". At least this is how it was when I considered ordering in October and November.
If the truck has "Extra HD shocks" it has to have the 1". Those shocks and struts are longer than the stock ones, and come with springs specific to them. So you can't remove the 1" lift without removing the extra HD shocks.

The North edition was what I considered back before I finally pulled the trigger on the Laramie. There was a lot of confusion around what it had and didn't, but the part number allocation for the package always included the lift because the lift is directly attributed to the shocks/struts/springs that are part of the Extra HD parts that come on all Norths. Most of the confusion came about through speculation because the North Edition only comes with a "4x4" label on the rear tailgate instead of a "4x4 Off Road" (missing the "Off Road") and many dealerships started telling people "that one doesn't have the off road stuff" (when it was only missing the protection group, not the lift or the Extra HD shocks/springs).

Last edited:

rsonedecker

Reaction score
So I ordered a fully loaded 2019 Ram crew cab 4x4 1500 Laramie with Offroad package pretty much every option possible on this truck.
Now I have confirmed thru Ram that my order was correct and the Offroad package is supposed include the 1” suspension lift except my truck doesn’t have the 1” lift I have gone to the dealership and measured multiple Laramie trucks without the Offroad package and multiple bighorn trucks with the Offroad package all without air suspension just like mine.
Now the trucks without Offroad package all are the same measurements as my truck but the ones with the Offroad package are an inch taller in the front and rear???
When I called and talked to rams customer service she confirmed I should have the inch lift and said I need to take it back to the dealer and hopefully they can figure out something now keep in mind I’ve been to the dealer 3 times and they know less about the truck then I do lol I mean I know more about rams trucks from being a long time owner and reading about the 2019 before my purchase then they do and they work on them everyday. so the dealership is a challenge since they have no idea what part the truck is supposed to have and or not have lol
Now I’ve also talked to Ram customer care thru online chat and I’m not completely sure what she is saying but I took a screen shot and will attach the photo lol
I think what she is saying is yes I have the Offroad package but I didn’t get the 1” lift because I got the Offroad package for the rebel if I’m reading it correctly idk
I’m open for any thoughts or suggestions on what todo or how to get this fixed without just leaving my truck parked at the dealership for ever while they try to figure out what they are supposed todo u know.
All I know is my Laramie with Offroad package is the same hight as a stock Laramie and the bighorn they have with Offroad package is an inch higher in front and rear. So I would like to know why??
If your build sheet and sticker, etc (along with this confirmation from Ram Chat) then you are supposed to have the lift, because as in my post above, there is only one Extra HD shock/strut for non-sir suspensions, and it's paired with springs. And these shocks/struts and springs ARE 1" higher and produce the lift (the springs do it, there are no additional components that are added to produce the lift). When the sheet says off-road calibrated shocks, it's referring to the Extra HD shocks and struts which come with matched springs. I bet the Ram Chat rep mistook "air suspension" (which you don't have) for your question about increased ride height. Check your part numbers against mine.

I have a feeling you have these part numbers, which are regular suspension numbers:
Stock (non-ORP):
Front Spring: 68320236AB (or 68320237AB)
Front Shock/strut: 68277312AC
Rear Spring: 68262675AB
Rear Shock: 68262590AC

Last edited:

Troop2865

Reaction score
Nice rsonedecker. So what shocks do you have? The ones with the 1 inch lift or the stock shocks. Should be a simple fix if the factory failed to install the correct suspension parts. Out with the stock and in with the parts for the ORG. If you are wanting to stay about stock height, tell them you will take the Fox suspension kit in lieu of the complete change. Might be best and easier for all. :D

Drago1978

Reaction score
Nice rsonedecker. So what shocks do you have? The ones with the 1 inch lift or the stock shocks. Should be a simple fix if the factory failed to install the correct suspension parts. Out with the stock and in with the parts for the ORG. If you are wanting to stay about stock height, tell them you will take the Fox suspension kit in lieu of the complete change. Might be best and easier for all. :D
That’s what I’m thinking they installed the stock height shocks so I’ll have to see what I can get done with the dealer to make it right. Swapping out for the Mopar 2” kit definitely sounds good to me guess we’ll see what happens

rsonedecker

Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking they installed the stock height shocks so I’ll have to see what I can get done with the dealer to make it right. Swapping out for the Mopar 2” kit definitely sounds good to me guess we’ll see what happens
What are your part numbers (there are labels and tags with the part numbers on the shocks and springs) - or do you not have access to the truck?

Trfnj74

Reaction score
If the truck has "Extra HD shocks" it has to have the 1". Those shocks and struts are longer than the stock ones, and come with springs specific to them. So you can't remove the 1" lift without removing the extra HD shocks.

The North edition was what I considered back before I finally pulled the trigger on the Laramie. There was a lot of confusion around what it had and didn't, but the part number allocation for the package always included the lift because the lift is directly attributed to the shocks/struts/springs that are part of the Extra HD parts that come on all Norths. Most of the confusion came about through speculation because the North Edition only comes with a "4x4" label on the rear tailgate instead of a "4x4 Off Road" (missing the "Off Road") and many dealerships started telling people "that one doesn't have the off road stuff" (when it was only missing the protection group, not the lift or the Extra HD shocks/springs).

rsonedecker

I can't seem to find the answer using the search but you kind of touched on it here in your post. I ordered a Limited (no ORG) which has the air suspension but in my build sheet it list "Air Suspension 4-Corner , Front Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers Rear Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers " I seen others state if you have the extra heavy duty shocks you have a 1 inch lift as the extra HD shocks are longer. I don't want to assume that limited sits one higher as I can't find anything that states that etc...?

rsonedecker

Reaction score
rsonedecker

I can't seem to find the answer using the search but you kind of touched on it here in your post. I ordered a Limited (no ORG) which has the air suspension but in my build sheet it list "Air Suspension 4-Corner , Front Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers Rear Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers " I seen others state if you have the extra heavy duty shocks you have a 1 inch lift as the extra HD shocks are longer. I don't want to assume that limited sits one higher as I can't find anything that states that etc...?
Factory non-ORP is listed as "HD or Heavy Duty" - all the trucks get at least "heavy duty". The ORP get's "Extra" HD or "Extra Heavy Duty" - the "extra" is the key.

DanSkan

Reaction score
I don't get the difference in length of the shocks with the air suspension between ORG and non ORG.

I have the air suspension with ORG and have "extra" hd shocks vs hd shocks on non ORG trucks.

The ORG sets my normal setting 1" higher (@ 3") than non ORG normal (@ 2") and my normal setting is the same height as OR1 on non ORG trucks - again, the same 3" above entry/exit height.

My OR height is another 1" higher (@ 4") which is the same height as the non ORG OR2 - again, the same 4" above the entry/exit height.

So therefore both the ORG and non ORG have a total 4" of rise - both bottom out at entry/exit and extend to +4" for maximum Off Road.

Of coarse the shocks extend/travel further than the 4" ride height but do the "extra" hd shocks extend further than the hd shocks or are they just "stiffer" with the Air Suspension?

I saw the posts and the physical dimensions of the non air suspension shocks because of the 1" ORG lift but not so sure about the air suspension shocks.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
I don't get the difference in length of the shocks with the air suspension between ORG and non ORG.

I have the air suspension with ORG and have "extra" hd shocks vs hd shocks on non ORG trucks.

The ORG sets my normal setting 1" higher (@ 3") than non ORG normal (@ 2") and my normal setting is the same height as OR1 on non ORG trucks - again, the same 3" above entry/exit height.

My OR height is another 1" higher (@ 4") which is the same height as the non ORG OR2 - again, the same 4" above the entry/exit height.

So therefore both the ORG and non ORG have a total 4" of rise - both bottom out at entry/exit and extend to +4" for maximum Off Road.

Of coarse the shocks extend/travel further than the 4" ride height but do the "extra" hd shocks extend further than the hd shocks or are they just "stiffer" with the Air Suspension?

I saw the posts and the physical dimensions of the non air suspension shocks because of the 1" ORG lift but not so sure about the air suspension shocks.
The ORG shocks in the rear are different part numbers for air and non-air trucks - for instance, the part number for the rear of air equipped ORG is 68262593AC ( They might be even taller/longer than normal ORG because they have to support even more travel). However, the front part numbers look to be the same between ORG and non-ORG.

The fact that Air non-ORG and Air ORG both top out at the same setting could be (speculation) for two reasons - 1) the shocks are longer/taller enough that they provide a 1" lift compared to non-ORG at "resting" height, but that lift goes away once you extend the shocks due to air lift, or 2) the ORG equipped Air suspensions are tuned to have their "normal" setting at 1" higher to simulate raised ride height. I'm banking on #2.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
The ORG shocks in the rear are different part numbers for air and non-air trucks - for instance, the part number for the rear of air equipped ORG is 68262593AC ( They might be even taller/longer than normal ORG because they have to support even more travel). However, the front part numbers look to be the same between ORG and non-ORG.

The fact that Air non-ORG and Air ORG both top out at the same setting could be (speculation) for two reasons - 1) the shocks are longer/taller enough that they provide a 1" lift compared to non-ORG at "resting" height, but that lift goes away once you extend the shocks due to air lift, or 2) the ORG equipped Air suspensions are tuned to have their "normal" setting at 1" higher to simulate raised ride height. I'm banking on #2.

#2 would be great... I'm hopeful that once the dealerships having a better understanding of how to change the "normal" settings of the air suspensions the 1 inch could be be achieved. So far from what I've read on hear about that air adjustments the dealerships haven't been able to make it work correctly or the other settings (org 1, org 2 etc..) produce a stiff ride.

griebs303

Reaction score
Drago and I both have the same trucks (Laramie Sport with Offroad package and No air ride , both in Colorado). I measured my truck and we have the exact same heights (22" from center hub, 36.5" from ground). I went through my build sheet after reading this article and found "Raised Ride Height" listed. I parked it next to another Laramie (non offroad) at the dealership and its the same height as well. Something definitely seems off here

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Drago and I both have the same trucks (Laramie Sport with Offroad package and No air ride , both in Colorado). I measured my truck and we have the exact same heights (22" from center hub, 36.5" from ground). I went through my build sheet after reading this article and found "Raised Ride Height" listed. I parked it next to another Laramie (non offroad) at the dealership and its the same height as well. Something definitely seems off here
Are you able to get your part numbers? Rear is really easy to see. Shock is label (usually green outline label for Off road), spring has a tag hanging off of one of the coils.

griebs303

Reaction score
Yep was able to find labels on everything but the rear springs!
20190211_100905.jpg
20190211_101026.jpg
20190211_101034.jpg (front spring)

rsonedecker

Reaction score
So I ordered a fully loaded 2019 Ram crew cab 4x4 1500 Laramie with Offroad package pretty much every option possible on this truck.
Now I have confirmed thru Ram that my order was correct and the Offroad package is supposed include the 1” suspension lift except my truck doesn’t have the 1” lift I have gone to the dealership and measured multiple Laramie trucks without the Offroad package and multiple bighorn trucks with the Offroad package all without air suspension just like mine.
Now the trucks without Offroad package all are the same measurements as my truck but the ones with the Offroad package are an inch taller in the front and rear???
When I called and talked to rams customer service she confirmed I should have the inch lift and said I need to take it back to the dealer and hopefully they can figure out something now keep in mind I’ve been to the dealer 3 times and they know less about the truck then I do lol I mean I know more about rams trucks from being a long time owner and reading about the 2019 before my purchase then they do and they work on them everyday. so the dealership is a challenge since they have no idea what part the truck is supposed to have and or not have lol
Now I’ve also talked to Ram customer care thru online chat and I’m not completely sure what she is saying but I took a screen shot and will attach the photo lol
I think what she is saying is yes I have the Offroad package but I didn’t get the 1” lift because I got the Offroad package for the rebel if I’m reading it correctly idk
I’m open for any thoughts or suggestions on what todo or how to get this fixed without just leaving my truck parked at the dealership for ever while they try to figure out what they are supposed todo u know.
All I know is my Laramie with Offroad package is the same hight as a stock Laramie and the bighorn they have with Offroad package is an inch higher in front and rear. So I would like to know why??
Also, I'd be careful comparing to a big horn as they don't have the fender flare that the laramie does, and IIRC the fender flare wraps down around the lip a little and comes down a bit inside the fender lip. Doesn't necessarily mean you're not still correct since you also compared to stock Laramies, just pointing that out.

Users who are viewing this thread