5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Boatjockey

Reaction score
49 days today. Still in D
I feel for you. We have a very similar setup on our trucks and the same order date. I was in D for 40 days. Now in D1 for 10 days. I think I was too optimistic hoping to have the truck in 8-10 weeks as the dealer stated. Maybe 10-12 is more realistic.

Ryanww

Reaction score
Your completely wrong. There is absolutely no order. Read this forum this has been discussed many times. Does not matter when you ordered other orders will be manufactured before yours.

I must be, since forums are 100% true, and I lowly work at a dealership, place orders, track them, and know people at the factory...let alone I know how Chrysler order processing goes, since I know the head of the Jeep Wrangler plant. But please, do tell me how wrong I am.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I must be, since forums are 100% true, and I lowly work at a dealership, place orders, track them, and know people at the factory...let alone I know how Chrysler order processing goes, since I know the head of the Jeep Wrangler plant. But please, do tell me how wrong I am.

Lol I dont care who ya know or what ya do however I know you are wrong. These trucks are not made in the order they are "sold" as you stated. People have ordered ramboxs and etorques before others have ordered and those trucks ordered after have been manufactured first which would make it not go "in order" as you say.

Even set aside the torque and rambox issue. I have seen "sold orders" (which most on here have personal orders) being manufactored before other "sold orders" that where placed first. This has previously been discussed on here numerous times and there is no "order" of when the truck is made. You cannot even rely on VIN numbers because they are also out of "order" too.

As a lot of us on here already know "we" know more about these trucks then most dealers and their employees do.

So this statement, "They all go in order, if it is a "sold" order it will be pushed up." by you is not accurate. Knowing the head of the jeep wrangler planet must help a lot!

but I am done with the bickering your a big shot (dealership employe) so you know it all and whats best.

Last edited:

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel for you. We have a very similar setup on our trucks and the same order date. I was in D for 40 days. Now in D1 for 10 days. I think I was too optimistic hoping to have the truck in 8-10 weeks as the dealer stated. Maybe 10-12 is more realistic.
I have no problem with a 10-12 week time frame. I was told 6-8 weeks by my dealer at the time of order which I knew wasn't realistic. Just hoping I am scheduled soon and I can get my truck before week 12 hits. My beef is just what they tell me over the phone and chat and having it not be accurate.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Lol I dont care who ya know or what ya do however I know you are wrong. These trucks are not made in the order they are "sold" as you stated. People have ordered ramboxs and etorques before others have ordered and their truck have been manufactured first which would make it not go "in order" as you say.

Even set aside the torque and rambox issue. I have seen "sold orders" (which most on here have personal orders) being manufactored before other "sold orders" that where placed first. This has previously been discussed on here numerous times and there is no "order" of when the truck is made. You cannot even rely on VIN numbers because they are also out of "order" too.

As a lot of us on here already know "we" know more about these trucks then most dealers and their employees do.

So this statement, "They all go in order, if it is a "sold" order it will be pushed up." by you is not accurate. Knowing the head of the jeep wrangler planet must help a lot!

but I am done with the bickering your a big shot (dealership employe) so you know it all and whats best.
This is not a good time to be messing with you. You're flat out kicking some butt these last two days! lol

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Starting to wonder about my dealership. First time ordering a Ram, placed on 6/15 Limited with e-torque, $1000 down.
Talked to them today, no VON or VIN yet? Last truck I ordered was in 16, LTZ Z71, left dealership with VON and received VIN the following day. Is it possible the e-torque is holding this up?
Asking the dealer if he has allocation for the type of truck you ordered.

alow

Reaction score
Remember that Bud light commercial with the dudes screaming like women in the beer equivalent of a shoe closet? Pretty much me just a minute ago.

alow (Ram 1500 Bighorn CC 4x4 - Black Forest Green)
Date ordered: 05/31/2018
Current Status: I
D1 status date: 06/07/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 06/26/18 05:26:00 AM

5.7Hemi, Offroad pkg, Level 2, Dual pane Sunroof for those tracking packages.

warvet

Reaction score
Anyone ...firecadet? Know when my window sticker will be available? Truck is making its way into Ohio by train and should be in NC in a few days. I have the build sheet but the window sticker isn’t available

warvet

Reaction score
warv3t (Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/16/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 06/01/2018
Estimated delivery: 07/07/2018 - 07/11/2018
Built pending inspection: 06/21/18 07:12:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/22/18 12:05:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS, MI BODY_VEND
Production Status KZ Received 06/23/18 01:20:00 AM
Gate Out 06/23/18 04:07:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS, MI BODY_VEND
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/24/18 08:56:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS, MI PLANT
Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 06/25/18 11:15:04 AM STERLING HEIGHTS, MI PLANT
In-Transit Report Station, Rail Arrival 06/25/18 03:02:00 PM DETROIT STERLING, MI

In-Transit now buddy! its moving. Prolly the fastest build and movement I have seen yet
Hey when was your window sticker available? Mine still says unavailable but i have the build sheet. Also i know that train will be in NC before the 4th, but it appears that it sits at final train dest for 2-9 days waiting on a truck ride. 6 day train ride from Detroit is the norm. Basically I’m saying.....no way that thing isn’t 2 hrs from me (final train stop) before the 4th, yet my delivery is 7-11 July. All good tho

TimG

Reaction score
My dealer called me back today and said my truck is in paint a Rebel with e-torque .He said once it’s in Texas it’s about a week out .

Looks like you are going to be the first of the Rebel Clan to get their rig..... AWESOME! Congrats, and we expect a FULL write-up!

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Ram told me that my truck is in J which is paint, as much as we been thru with them I kind of believe them. I all twice to confirm. LL 6' 4" with eTorque panoramic roof level 1 equipment group

FLG8R

Reaction score
My dealer called me back today and said my truck is in paint a Rebel with e-torque .He said once it’s in Texas it’s about a week out .
You know I'm wishing the best for you so please let me know if after its built it gets beyond (I) status. This is why I say this and certainly not trying to bust the bubble. I talked to my dealer yesterday because I have been in (I) status on my build #2 for over 30 days and asked them to contact the zone rep for an update. Seems all of the Rebels built thusfar are sitting in the same status yet nobody at Ram will say why? However the rep did advise that the end of July is the target date to get these delivered. My dealer also said that there is not a dealer in the USA that has one. The saga continues...

FLG8R

Reaction score
Looks like you are going to be the first of the Rebel Clan to get their rig..... AWESOME! Congrats, and we expect a FULL write-up!
Don't you also have a Rebel being built? If so, what is its status?

FLG8R

Reaction score
Ram told me that my truck is in J which is paint, as much as we been thru with them I kind of believe them. I all twice to confirm. LL 6' 4" with eTorque panoramic roof level 1 equipment group
If you're in J status than jump up and click your heels together. F is paint / J is built and OK'd!

TimG

Reaction score
Don't you also have a Rebel being built? If so, what is its status?

Yes I do! Depending on which customer service rep I talk to, I'm in either C or D. No change in MOTS over at Jeep Garage. Hopefully it will be going down the line as soon as the ramboxes show up!

Users who are viewing this thread