5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

McNoFinger

Reaction score
If the VON has not been issued***
I, and other members, were able to make changes to orders after both a VON and VIN have been established, as long as the build has not progressed to D1 status. This requires the dealership to contact their FCA regional rep, who then issued a change order with the factory. Apparently, either not all dealerships know this can be done or are trying to take the lazy way out as my dealer fought me saying a change was not possible in their system. I mentioned I knew people who were able to make changes by having the dealership contact their FCA rep. They did the same and the change was made.

Phippy

Reaction score
Ordered 1/10 already in D1 build date 2/4 with temporary week of 3/4 to dealer. Seems fast compared to others here. Guess my dealer was right 8-10 weeks.

testcrewman

Reaction score
Ordered 1/10 already in D1 build date 2/4 with temporary week of 3/4 to dealer. Seems fast compared to others here. Guess my dealer was right 8-10 weeks.
I ordered 1/19 and was very surprised to find out I am already in D1 with a build date of 2/10. I am very leery about it being so fast. I don't want to get my hopes up too high only to find out they're blowing smoke to appease us. LOL My dealer told me 16-20 weeks, and considering my first order, that is about what I was expecting. I can understand how frustrated those that have been waiting 6+ months to receive their trucks are when those of us who have just ordered are in D1 already. Crazy process for sure.

Phippy

Reaction score
I ordered 1/19 and was very surprised to find out I am already in D1 with a build date of 2/10. I am very leery about it being so fast. I don't want to get my hopes up too high only to find out they're blowing smoke to appease us. LOL My dealer told me 16-20 weeks, and considering my first order, that is about what I was expecting. I can understand how frustrated those that have been waiting 6+ months to receive their trucks are when those of us who have just ordered are in D1 already. Crazy process for sure

I was told by my dealer the higher allocation/ volume dealers tend to get their orders filled quickly. Again not claiming this is true just passing on what was told.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been told if the VON has been issued yet a change may be possible. Your only a day into the order, if I were you I would cancel your non trailer brake order and then just put in a new one. That would ensure you get what you want and it would probably be easier then trying to add to an existing order. My two cents…
Thank you. My sales guy let me know about about 8:30 that he was able to add the trailer brake controller so I'm good there!

tomme12

Reaction score
When Ram Chat says " I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon"

Is there a special decoder ring for this response? :)

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
When Ram Chat says " I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon"

This is the stage where I would literally check back in a month and you might have shipped. Another month after that and you'll have a truck. That's where I'm at.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

check with your dealer and confirm D-1
then ask for an updated poc

Hawaiian_Built

Reaction score
Got my updated POC yesterday. I ordered 1/11 and have a build date of 2/2.

Also, I see that my MSRP already went up $1600. Glad I bought when I did and got price protection from MD

Cobalt 23

Reaction score
I have contacted Ramchat in Dec. And Jan. Both times they could not find my information from my VIN # 1C6SRFKTXNN211409. They needed my VON# 51770409. My Order date was 2021-10-27 4:23 PM.
The last time I called there was no followup at all by email. My Dealer is Ron Bouchard Chrysler Dodge Ram. Fitchburg Massachusetts. Is this normal.

Nuzmann

Reaction score
Looking for others like me to know I'm not alone. 2022 Ram Rebel G/T, ordered 9/26/2021. Been 17 weeks, no update. Been watching the ram tracker seeing others with older VINs getting built. Anybody else in a similar boat on a 22 Rebel? Hoping this thing doesnt take 6 months, but its sure looking like it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have contacted Ramchat in Dec. And Jan. Both times they could not find my information from my VIN # 1C6SRFKTXNN211409. They needed my VON# 51770409. My Order date was 2021-10-27 4:23 PM.
The last time I called there was no followup at all by email. My Dealer is Ron Bouchard Chrysler Dodge Ram. Fitchburg Massachusetts. Is this normal.
You provided 211408 to me at one point - are you 100% sure that 211409 is the right number?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
stop relying on ramchat

contact your dealer and get a current poc

unkiebunk045

Reaction score
Dealer just informed me that my truck is in the New York rail yard awaiting transportation to the dealer in CT. Only took about a week and a half from window sticker to being offloaded from the freight train. Hopefully only another week or 2 before it arrives.
what dealer in CT, when did you order?

I’m in CT too, went through fitzpatrick’s

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online