5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

M02v8r

Reaction score
Just found out mine is in paint status - now hoping for a build sheet soon. I ordered on 11/3 and there were several around mine that were built Did request the detailed POC again and that price increase was a shocker. Going to be interesting to see how the dealer handles that.

warz00

Reaction score
Just found out mine is in paint status - now hoping for a build sheet soon. I ordered on 11/3 and there were several around mine that were built Did request the detailed POC again and that price increase was a shocker. Going to be interesting to see how the dealer handles that.
what % price increase?

ZT269

Reaction score
So I have my VON but not a VIN yet. How long does it take to get the VIN? I did get lucky. My dealer is giving me 4% below invoice to make up for the price increase that happened Monday.

warz00

Reaction score
So I have my VON but not a VIN yet. How long does it take to get the VIN? I did get lucky. My dealer is giving me 4% below invoice to make up for the price increase that happened Monday.
mine was a few days to get the vin

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Anyone have feedback on how current and accurate the WS to Dealer is lately? I'm showing around 12 day average to Iowa, but it's been sitting a week already. I know there's a trucking shortage so I'm curious if most of that average was early. Mostly curious if there's any hope to get this before end of January so I can get into the 0x48 they're offering this month.

M02v8r

Reaction score
what % price increase?
My Rebel jumped $2,595 on the most recent POC. Dealer is saying that the invoice price will be a little lower and already giving me 4% off of that so they can't honor the old price anymore. Also stated that the POC specifically states it isn't an invoice and price is subject to change. They said their hands are tied in this market and Stellantis is not doing anything to assist. With such a price increase they said they would lose money offering the old price and discount. If this keeps up, maybe I will keep my '06 Ram and sell this thing in six months when it is worth more! :)

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Rebel jumped $2,595 on the most recent POC. Dealer is saying that the invoice price will be a little lower and already giving me 4% off of that so they can't honor the old price anymore. Also stated that the POC specifically states it isn't an invoice and price is subject to change. They said their hands are tied in this market and Stellantis is not doing anything to assist. With such a price increase they said they would lose money offering the old price and discount. If this keeps up, maybe I will keep my '06 Ram and sell this thing in six months when it is worth more! :)
Their situation may be different, but plenty of us are price protected. I'm not sure what that process looks like but I would imagine that any dealership can apply for price protection and follow the rules (sell the truck to the person listed on the order, sell it within 14 days, etc).

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have feedback on how current and accurate the WS to Dealer is lately? I'm showing around 12 day average to Iowa, but it's been sitting a week already. I know there's a trucking shortage so I'm curious if most of that average was early. Mostly curious if there's any hope to get this before end of January so I can get into the 0x48 they're offering this month.
mine took 38 days but the chart triple_b does shows way less

McNoFinger

Reaction score
I was quoted 7% under MSRP at the time of my order (1500 Limited) in August. Contacted my dealer to inquire about price increase. Salesman acknowledged price increases but guaranteed they would hold to our original agreement. The dealership has been very understanding of my frustration and said how ridiculous it would be the increase the price when I’ve had to wait so long.

It’s worth it to mention that the order form I signed does state that the price can increase at any point. I was also not “price protected”, so if a dealer claims their hands are tied, I would question that.

Big Tup

Reaction score
Their situation may be different, but plenty of us are price protected. I'm not sure what that process looks like but I would imagine that any dealership can apply for price protection and follow the rules (sell the truck to the person listed on the order, sell it within 14 days, etc).
Exactly how are you price protected? Is that in writing? Is this something you asked for? How were you made aware of it? What process is used for confirmation of this?

McNoFinger

Reaction score
Dealer just informed me that my truck is in the New York rail yard awaiting transportation to the dealer in CT. Only took about a week and a half from window sticker to being offloaded from the freight train. Hopefully only another week or 2 before it arrives.

testcrewman

Reaction score
Exactly how are you price protected? Is that in writing? Is this something you asked for? How were you made aware of it? What process is used for confirmation of this?
When I ordered through MD I received a buyers order which is the price guarantee. I didn't ask for it, I just asked what my price was going to be. MD told me the buyers order is my price lock protection. Same thing for the rebate price protection. Both the dealer and I signed both documents.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

When I ordered through MD I received a buyers order which is the price guarantee. I didn't ask for it, I just asked what my price was going to be. MD told me the buyers order is my price lock protection. Same thing for the rebate price protection. Both the dealer and I signed both documents.
Me too. Since then I've been told that I'm locked in and price protected.

Those of us Mark Dodge buyers are price protected provided there are no requested (and approved) build changes. Sandi was the one that mentioned it to me when I paid the deposit as well.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me too. Since then I've been told that I'm locked in and price protected.

Those of us Mark Dodge buyers are price protected provided there are no requested (and approved) build changes. Sandi was the one that mentioned it to me when I paid the deposit as well.
Here too! When we both signed the POC and Buyers, order Aaron said that would be the absolute most I would pay! When I had to reorder we had to price adjust a bit since I added Rambox and MFT but surprisingly it didn't really increase that much.

Big Tup

Reaction score
Here too! When we both signed the POC and Buyers, order Aaron said that would be the absolute most I would pay! When I had to reorder we had to price adjust a bit since I added Rambox and MFT but surprisingly it didn't really increase that much.
thanks. So it sounds like it was more of a "promise" vs a document (POC or Buyers Order or anything else) that specifically spells out that you are shielded from any type of price increases from Stellantis with no time boundaries?

Big Tup

Reaction score
Thanks. I too have had a "price lock" but i just dont see that as specifically protecting you from price increases from the manufacturer that are beyond the dealers control.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks. So it sounds like it was more of a "promise" vs a document (POC or Buyers Order or anything else) that specifically spells out that you are shielded from any type of price increases from Stellantis with no time boundaries?
You are probably right, I'm sure that if they wanted too they could have enforced the increase in price. As I've said many times, I think it boils down to the fact that MD values it's reputation and stands by their word. A rarity in today's world unfortunately!

Users who are viewing this thread