5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
I ordered a Longhorn a week ago. Dealer is high volume and told me they are averaging 10 weeks. No gaurantee though. I registered for the order watch as I got the VIN yesterday.

So, how do I keep up to date with that? Or, is it just sit and wait for the window sticker to update. From my past 3 orders (Ram, Jeep, Challenger), when you see the window sticker, the vehicle was released from the factory.

Thanks!

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking to order a BH Backcountry and want to add Premium (LED) lighting and BSM. I am a but worried that will trigger a longer wait due to supply issues. Has anyone ordered with that type of "non standard" package for a BH recently and had it move ahead well? I am optimistic because I am starting to see BH's in transit and on lots with Equipment Level 2 vs B which to me indicates supply lines are improving.

Southside

Reaction score
Looking to order a BH Backcountry and want to add Premium (LED) lighting and BSM. I am a but worried that will trigger a longer wait due to supply issues. Has anyone ordered with that type of "non standard" package for a BH recently and had it move ahead well? I am optimistic because I am starting to see BH's in transit and on lots with Equipment Level 2 vs B which to me indicates supply lines are improving.
PLG just became orderable again in the last week or so after about 2 months of being restricted. I doubt Ram would have unrestricted it if there was still an major delay because of it, but thats all speculation.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When did you place your order? I went down today and spec'd mine out. The price went up about $1300 from a week ago. I am going to sleep on it, but likely put my deposit down tomorrow.

cjerman617

Reaction score
When did you place your order? I went down today and spec'd mine out. The price went up about $1300 from a week ago. I am going to sleep on it, but likely put my deposit down tomorrow.

I ordered 12/13. When I went in to do it 12/12, the exact truck I wanted I couldn’t do (Big Horn) so my dealer built as close as he could (Laramie). We weren’t sure we wanted to spend the extra so we left. My wife and I discussed it and I really liked all of the added features of the Laramie so we went back the next day to order. Overnight the price went up over $1000, but my dealer not only ate the increase, but we got the Laramie with everything we wanted for less than the MSRP of the Big Horn I spec’d out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@cjerman617 that is a heck of a Valentines day present. I am after that Backcountry look and when I make a Laramie to the similar look with options if is $5k more. That is a lot in my mind but you do get more creature comforts for sure with the Laramie

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are probably right, I'm sure that if they wanted too they could have enforced the increase in price. As I've said many times, I think it boils down to the fact that MD values it's reputation and stands by their word. A rarity in today's world unfortunately!
I think the only thing that blows that price protection out for the Mark Dodge buyer would be not paying the tab within 14 days of the date the dealership receives the truck. The thing about that is that you're going to wire funds before pickup anyway (why travel if there's a chance there is a hangup with funds). I assume that if there is a problem, until you sign to take possession of the vehicle, the funds are held in escrow anyway? I haven't asked that question yet since I'm only in D1 (allegedly...trust nothing with Stellantis right now 😛)

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Hey all, looks like my truck has shipped based on the change in response from Ram Chat. Says it's in the shipping process and has Dealer ETA 2/4-2/18. I'm assume this means shipping started, since I got my WS about 2 weeks back and had never gotten this message. I checked Cassens but didn't see anything.
Anything else I can do besides call the dealer and see what he knows? Does this message even mean it's actually en route?

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the only thing that blows that price protection out for the Mark Dodge buyer would be not paying the tab within 14 days of the date the dealership receives the truck. The thing about that is that you're going to wire funds before pickup anyway (why travel if there's a chance there is a hangup with funds). I assume that if there is a problem, until you sign to take possession of the vehicle, the funds are held in escrow anyway? I haven't asked that question yet since I'm only in D1 (allegedly...trust nothing with Stellantis right now 😛)
You are absolutely correct about the 14 days! Don't know about wiring funds, I'm taking 0% 48 mo financing. Longer the money stays in my account the better.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
You are absolutely correct about the 14 days! Don't know about wiring funds, I'm taking 0% 48 mo financing. Longer the money stays in my account the better.
I'm hoping for a hail mary that mine comes in before the 31st to get in on that financing. Not sure if it will be available in February.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just cutting a check. I'm a simpleton that can't stand payments, I want my cash flow. If Stellantis would have let me prepay I would have sent them money in June. 🤣

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just cutting a check. I'm a simpleton that can't stand payments, I want my cash flow. If Stellantis would have let me prepay I would have sent them money in June. 🤣
I'm with you about payments. This is the first vehicle I've financed in 30 years or more. As much as I hate payments it just didn't make $$$ sense in my situation. Pretty sure my financial advisor can make more than 0% so I held my nose and went with it! :sick:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm with you about payments. This is the first vehicle I've financed in 30 years or more. As much as I hate payments it just didn't make $$$ sense in my situation. Pretty sure my financial advisor can make more than 0% so I held my nose and went with it! :sick:
Oh yeah, even in this environment, for sure. I'm just going to keep shoving that could be vehicle payments cash away in to stuff like college funds and future psychologist appointments for my kids. 😛

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Oh yeah, even in this environment, for sure. I'm just going to keep shoving that could be vehicle payments cash away in to stuff like college funds and future psychologist appointments for my kids. 😛
Dr. Jack Daniel's is only about $25 per visit. Highly recommended. He makes you completely forget about how great your life was before kids.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I realized that the order my salesman submitted this morning was missing the trailer brake controller. We added a couple of different things and we both missed it on the actual order. I realize it can be added after pretty easily so its not a huge deal but would be nice coming with the controller from the factory. How difficult will it be for him to add it tomorrow morning?

Last edited:

jorzed

Reaction score
I realized that the order my salesman submitted this morning was missing the trailer brake controller. We added a couple of different things and we both missed it on the actual order. I realize it can be added after pretty easily so its not a huge deal but would be nice coming with the controller from the factory. How difficult will it be for him to add it tomorrow morning?
I’ve been told if the VON has been issued yet a change may be possible. Your only a day into the order, if I were you I would cancel your non trailer brake order and then just put in a new one. That would ensure you get what you want and it would probably be easier then trying to add to an existing order. My two cents…

jorzed

Reaction score
I’ve been told if the VON has been issued yet a change may be possible. Your only a day into the order, if I were you I would cancel your non trailer brake order and then just put in a new one. That would ensure you get what you want and it would probably be easier then trying to add to an existing order. My two cents…
If the VON has not been issued***

Users who are viewing this thread