5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

flyforfood

Reaction score
I ordered my GT two months ago took delivery this Wednesday. I got 7k off sticker at order and when I took delivery I got that 7k plus another 2k incintive plus a 500 dollar rebate I printed and brought in, that’s a total of 9500 off sticker. MD can’t be beat!!
That sounds like a great deal! If I value the 0% loan at $2k, that’s about par with you. It I’m hearing that some dealerships are charging MSRP + $5K and people are paying it!

truckless

Reaction score
Yesterday my truck arrived at the dealership unannounced. My salesman has been tracking it daily and notified me that it is likely being loaded onto a truck as he noticed a status change. It has been parked at the local railyard near Philly PA for over two weeks due to the driver shortage. He made a call to the dealer shop and found out that they were already prepping it. It came in the night before or early morning before the sales side opens.

So here’s my time line:
11/26 order
11/30 VIN
12/3 ship date 12/17
12/13 D1
12/17 F (paint)
12/20 JB (vendor)
12/21 KZ (awaiting shipping)
12/29 arrived at rail yard
12/30 awaiting transport to dealer
01/14 pickup at dealer

The deal:
I got Affiliate Rewards (1% below invoice). That equates to about $7k off MSRP. 0% financing for 72 months. In the month it took to make the truck, Ram bumped the price up by $900. I had to eat the upcharge as my dealer wasn’t really happy about giving me AR pricing to begin with. Most dealers around here aren’t backing off MSRP and trucks are selling within a day or two after arrival. I’m being told that I got a smoking deal. Thoughts?

I have been waiting 4 months now just for a VIN. You don't wanna know my thoughts ;)

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Yesterday my truck arrived at the dealership unannounced. My salesman has been tracking it daily and notified me that it is likely being loaded onto a truck as he noticed a status change. It has been parked at the local railyard near Philly PA for over two weeks due to the driver shortage. He made a call to the dealer shop and found out that they were already prepping it. It came in the night before or early morning before the sales side opens.

So here’s my time line:
11/26 order
11/30 VIN
12/3 ship date 12/17
12/13 D1
12/17 F (paint)
12/20 JB (vendor)
12/21 KZ (awaiting shipping)
12/29 arrived at rail yard
12/30 awaiting transport to dealer
01/14 pickup at dealer

The deal:
I got Affiliate Rewards (1% below invoice). That equates to about $7k off MSRP. 0% financing for 72 months. In the month it took to make the truck, Ram bumped the price up by $900. I had to eat the upcharge as my dealer wasn’t really happy about giving me AR pricing to begin with. Most dealers around here aren’t backing off MSRP and trucks are selling within a day or two after arrival. I’m being told that I got a smoking deal. Thoughts?
Based on the circumstances, I think you should be happy with that. When I ordered in September I had a much different position and would have fought tooth and nail about the price increase. Now 5 months later and no truck, I just want this to be over. I'll be at 3% off invoice and MAYBE getting an affiliate. Would really just be happy getting 0% financing at this point. What financing did you use?

flyforfood

Reaction score
Based on the circumstances, I think you should be happy with that. When I ordered in September I had a much different position and would have fought tooth and nail about the price increase. Now 5 months later and no truck, I just want this to be over. I'll be at 3% off invoice and MAYBE getting an affiliate. Would really just be happy getting 0% financing at this point. What financing did you use?
Affiliate is only 1% off Invoice if I am not mistaken. So 3% is closer to employee pricing at 5% off invoice.
The deal is through Chrysler Capital. They have been extending past its deadline. Currently t deadline is Jan 31st. It’s a stand alone deal so not valid with any other discounts. I have a $500 cash award that they just wouldn’t honor.
Good luck getting your truck. Its a beautiful in black. It’ll be worth the wait!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 2022 window may close soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They stopped taking 2021 orders on 5/5/21. So presumably there's only 3-1/2 months left to make a 2022 order.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sooooo......those in the know.

My updated POC that I got today shows an "Estimated Ship Date" of 01-26-2022. It also shows Status as D1.

How likely is this?
It’s believable. You usually hit D1 about 2 weeks before going into production. Don’t be surprised if it slips a couple of days. Any hiccups in production will push things back.

Cda3488

Reaction score
That sounds like a great deal! If I value the 0% loan at $2k, that’s about par with you. It I’m hearing that some dealerships are charging MSRP + $5K and people are paying it!
They just don’t know. If it wasent for a friend telling me about MD, I would be one of those ignant people lol

Dan1508

Reaction score
From the time the window sticker was available (December 15th) mine took like three weeks to reach the dealer in Massachusetts.
Is there a tool we can look up online ourselves if we have the VIN or is it something only the dealer can do. So over this whole situation.

Users who are viewing this thread