5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

tomme12

Reaction score
Apologize as I have read the steps, but not fully understand how tracking works. I just got my VIN number for my order I placed this week from MD. What are the next steps to track it? Thanks!!!

Gracieboy

Reaction score
Apologize as I have read the steps, but not fully understand how tracking works. I just got my VIN number for my order I placed this week from MD. What are the next steps to track it? Thanks!!!

myownstatus

Reaction score
Looks like I finally got an ETA, going to call dealer to verify.

update: dealer confirmed!!!!!

07f22e6a9b0c151a86fa92ff25ead777.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If someone could have explained they would have by now.

My order was on August 12th with an expected delivery date quoted, “the end of October or the first week in November.“

Today I was notified by the dealer it’s finally heading this way around January 26th.

Just before Christmas I looked at about 12 window stickers with later VIN numbers then mind that started with what I have coming Limited 4x4………

With the twelve window stickers you could build my truck several times over with the parts they used to produce the twelve.

For reference, my order was a 1500 Limited 4x4 with all the boxes checked sans the moonroof……EcoDiesel, 4x4 Off Road, Level 1 equipment, 3.92, locking diff, trailer tow package, RamBox, BUG, Multifunction Tailgate, black interior.

Five of the twelve were EcoDiesels so that wasn’t the issue.

I kept asking the dealer others are getting their trucks but mine hasn’t been built so what option have I checked is holding up my build.

He kept saying nothing I checked is stopping my build but check back next month.

Very frustrating being kept in the dark when you have plunked down a sizable chunk of change for a vehicle.

Last edited:

Trucker87

Reaction score
I ordered my 2500 4 weeks ago and still no VIN. Is this unusual? Normal time to get a VIN?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I ordered my 2500 4 weeks ago and still no VIN. Is this unusual? Normal time to get a VIN?
try the heavy duty forum

Trucker87

Reaction score

warz00

Reaction score
Can't verify but told by a broker that running boards is one of the things holding up orders - he ordered a TRX without running boards beginning of December and it shipped yesterday

Tinshield

Reaction score
My night edition Bighorn was ordered with steps and was built in 3 weeks.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't verify but told by a broker that running boards is one of the things holding up orders - he ordered a TRX without running boards beginning of December and it shipped yesterday
Our dealer had two ordered after mine with boards and both have build dates. Mine does not have a date

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
My August 2nd order was like that until about December 21st, when I was notified all parts were gathered and I had a January 6th assembly date. Hopefully that means your time is near.

For reference, my order was a 1500 Limited, etorque, night edition, level 1 equipment, 3.92, locking diff, trailer tow package, pano moonroof.

Ecodiesel, Night, Level 1, moonroof and Ram Boxes (Ram boxes and moonroof likely slowing me down).

McNoFinger

Reaction score
Well, as of yesterday, my VIN was still “not found” in the FCA lookup. As of this morning, both my VIN and window sticker appear. Getting closer. Anyone know how long after a window sticker appears are trucks typically seen at dealers in the CT area?

Tinshield

Reaction score
Well, as of yesterday, my VIN was still “not found” in the FCA lookup. As of this morning, both my VIN and window sticker appear. Getting closer. Anyone know how long after a window sticker appears are trucks typically seen at dealers in the CT area?
From the time the window sticker was available (December 15th) mine took like three weeks to reach the dealer in Massachusetts.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
find post
triple_b has a chart

Users who are viewing this thread