5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it makes sense if you stop to think about it. US orders are taking 10-14 weeks.
Add 2 weeks for transit time to Canada, customs, etc.
Add another 2 weeks just because they’re Canadian.
Add another 2 weeks to convert the price from US dolllars to Canadian dollars.
Add another 2 weeks to convert the fuel tank from US gallons to Canadian gallons.
Add another 2 weeks to apologize for all the delays.

And boom. 30 weeks (7 months).

BornTooLate

Reaction score
There might be, my dealer has been around forever and had an ordered rebel show up in 40 days so I have no idea
it obviously has something to do with the "Sport" trim. if we had ordered a Laramie or a Big Horn , we would have them by now. because they probably didn't have a ton of orders for them compared to the other trims . because its a Canadian exclusive and because it has a few elements that aren't on the other trims , they put it last. they wanted to push out max orders . and now are only filling special orders because time is dwindling.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, it makes sense if you stop to think about it. US orders are taking 10-14 weeks.
Add another 2 weeks to convert the fuel tank from US gallons to Canadian gallons.

And two weeks to switch it from miles to kilometers.

jgreene

Reaction score
it obviously has something to do with the "Sport" trim. if we had ordered a Laramie or a Big Horn , we would have them by now. because they probably didn't have a ton of orders for them compared to the other trims . because its a Canadian exclusive and because it has a few elements that aren't on the other trims , they put it last. they wanted to push out max orders . and now are only filling special orders because time is dwindling.
Well I ordered a Sport....so there goes that theory too lol. Let's just say there is zero rhyme or reason to their production.

phenix81

Reaction score
Just wanted to provide the group an update to my order as I know many people are looking for hope at times.

Ordered: 4/30
D1: 6/3
KZ: 6/24
Took Delivery 6/29

For reference I am in the Chicago area, so the delivery is not very far. I was surprised at how fast it got to me. My exact dates on the status could be a off +/- 3 days as I only received weekly updates from my dealer about its status. The status could have come earlier, but those are the dates I found out about the status of the build from my dealer.

2021 Limited with Night Edition with Level 1 option, dual pano sunroof, technology group and BUG

Attachments

• IMG_6543.jpeg
    IMG_6543.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 44

brenan00

Reaction score
I have really been looking for any trends on the what the priority the trucks get built.
I order around the same time as a few other limited orders, theirs have been built and are in transit, mine is not.
The difference I see is those that have been built are the night edition optioned trucks, they may want them on the rode they do look really nice. Later

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just wanted to provide the group an update to my order as I know many people are looking for hope at times.

Ordered: 4/30
D1: 6/3
KZ: 6/24
Took Delivery 6/29

For reference I am in the Chicago area, so the delivery is not very far. I was surprised at how fast it got to me. My exact dates on the status could be a off +/- 3 days as I only received weekly updates from my dealer about its status. The status could have come earlier, but those are the dates I found out about the status of the build from my dealer.

2021 Limited with Night Edition with Level 1 option, dual pano sunroof, technology group and BUG
Is that Granite Crystal? Looks Marvelous!!

Jimmymc

Reaction score

I’m sorry you took time out of your day to write all that.
Add another 2 weeks

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My understanding is that they are prioritized based in many other factors other than first come first serve. A small town dealership isn't going to get their single order first because it was early. They're going to wait until they have a full truck to deliver somewhere in the vicinity that makes sense. I can only imagine what the logistics of it all looks like, but the lower volume the dealer is, plus the farthest from the manufacturer they are puts them at the bottom of the list

BornTooLate

Reaction score
Well I ordered a Sport....so there goes that theory too lol. Let's just say there is zero rhyme or reason to their production.
yeah so did I . and it seems that most if not all Canadians on here that have been waiting aeons did. they put them last because they just can't bang them out.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is that they are prioritized based in many other factors other than first come first serve. A small town dealership isn't going to get their single order first because it was early. They're going to wait until they have a full truck to deliver somewhere in the vicinity that makes sense. I can only imagine what the logistics of it all looks like, but the lower volume the dealer is, plus the farthest from the manufacturer they are puts them at the bottom of the list
I keep hearing references to “large dealers get priority”, but I’ve not seen anything substantial to back up that assertion. Does anyone have anything on that? I’m sure it makes a difference for shipping, but I’m having a hard time buying anything on the production side.
Parts availability, that certainly makes a difference. But beyond that, it’s probably just about them scheduling certain days for certain trims.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
I am guessing that the e-locker and 6'4" box were the hold up on my order placed on April 28.

My fingers are crossed hoping that I see a build sheet this week (nothing as of this morning). Out of all of the updates that I have requested (about every two weeks or so), one of them mentioned a tentative build date of the week of June 28 or July 5 but subject to change. Even after that update all I ever got was "soon".

If not this week then I will start loosing confidence that the order will be filled at all. Can anyone confirm that next week is the last week of 2021 builds before the shutdown for retooling for 2022?

I do not believe that there anything sneaky going on with regard to prioritization. Like @Eighty said, it is most likely nothing more than manufacturing logistics (trim packages, options and color) that drive the build order. My experience in other manufacturing is that is all about numbers and attempts at efficiency.

Last edited:

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep hearing references to “large dealers get priority”, but I’ve not seen anything substantial to back up that assertion. Does anyone have anything on that? I’m sure it makes a difference for shipping, but I’m having a hard time buying anything on the production side.
Parts availability, that certainly makes a difference. But beyond that, it’s probably just about them scheduling certain days for certain trims.

Attachments

• BA6B4370-5301-4EAC-9E19-FFF96CEE6CB6.jpeg
    BA6B4370-5301-4EAC-9E19-FFF96CEE6CB6.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 30

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Like everyone else that has yet to get their trucks I am happy for you and jealous.
Good looking truck. I must admit that all of the trucks that have been posted are good looking trucks.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I am guessing that the e-locker and 6'4" box were the hold up on my order placed on April 28.

My fingers are crossed hoping that I see a build sheet this week (nothing as of this morning). Out of all of the updates that I have requested (about every two weeks or so), one of them mentioned a tentative build date of the week of June 28 or July 5 but subject to change. Even after that update all I ever got was "soon".

If not this week then I will start loosing confidence that the order will be filled at all. Can anyone confirm that next week is the last week of 2021 builds before the shutdown for retooling for 2022?

I do not believe that there anything sneaky going on with regard to prioritization. Like @Eighty said, it is most likely nothing more than manufacturing logistics (trim packages, options and color) that drive the build order. My experience in other manufacturing is that is all about numbers and attempts at efficiency.
Same order date, same crew with 6'4" but different trim level here. I also refreshed the build sheet site today with nothing. My confidence that the vehicle will be built is waning. And sadly, with shipping time, I'm likely going to run into issues picking up due to work/travel schedule. I had all of July free to fly and drive, but in August it's back to crunch time. I guess I'll have to look into shipping if it does get delivered.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I'm watching people who ordered after me from the same dealership receive their vehicles. Mine still doesn't have a firm build date that I am aware of. No build sheet, nothing. This isn't a case of ordering from a low volume dealership, and I cannot find any rhyme or reason why my VIN/VON is still in limbo when others have actual physical trucks attached to theirs weeks ago, and are now driving them.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Things might change, but here’s an excerpt from the UAW 1700 Facebook page, talking about the shutdown week.
1625495917475.png

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got off RAM Chat, they said my truck is currently in paint stage ("F") - woohoo!

View attachment 98851

es
I was three days from paint to build sheet. Then four days to window sticker--I think because the bed utility group/liner is done by an outside vendor.

Note: RAM Chat's information tends to be behind your actual status.

Last edited:

Younan

Reaction score
After finally getting in touch with the manager, I was able to obtain a VIN. He still says there is no update on their system regarding build status. I checked the FCA Canada window sticker link and the sticker popped up. I just don't know what that means (truck built/not built/just information on what I ordered).

Users who are viewing this thread