5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Mine is still D1 but time is running out for '21 builds. As I understand it the assembly plant will shut down in a couple of weeks to retool for '22s. After all of this time it will be a huge bummer to have the order canceled. I have already sold both of my vehicles and the toy car ('98 Corvette) broke down last week with parts still a couple of weeks out.

I know that there are others that have been waiting even longer, I feel badly for them as well. Perhaps a poor year to order with the pandemic and chip shortage and all. I still hope that all of us get our new trucks.

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

Last edited:

jgreene

Reaction score
Still not even D1… I had the dealer order me a 22 but who knows when that’ll show up. Basically going to see what one comes in first
I am starting to think there is some sort of relation between dealers and the plant and that may contribute to how they prioritize it.

jgreene

Reaction score
Mine is still D1 but time is running out for '21 builds. As I understand it the assembly plant will shut down in a couple of weeks to retool for '22s. After all of this time it will be a huge bummer to have the order canceled. I have already sold both of my vehicles and the toy car ('98 Corvette) broke down last week with parts still a couple of weeks out.

I know that there are others that have been waiting even longer, I feel badly for them as well. Perhaps a poor year to order with the pandemic and chip shortage and all. I still hope that all of us get our new trucks.

2 weeks is still a lot of time. My truck was built on June 18th and sent out of the plant at 10am to go to the Mopar Accessories. Sent back at 4am on the 19th to the plant. Then sent off on a rail later that day. When they build it....it can be quick.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
I am starting to think there is some sort of relation between dealers and the plant and that may contribute to how they prioritize it.
There might be, my dealer has been around forever and had an ordered rebel show up in 40 days so I have no idea

vegasandre

Reaction score
Alright everyone, sorry for the long delay here but I got the call from Aaron at about 10:00am Friday and so I immediately finished up at work and left at lunch to rush home and pack, grab the wife, empty my car, and head to Biloxi (already had the grandparents lined up to watch the kids just in case).
View attachment 98704 The wife and I spent the night in Biloxi (so she could play some slots; and not a bad view from the room if the weather hadn’t sucked and it wasn’t basically dark the only times we were in the room), fill up on gas, and then we were on the road again by 6:00am today (Saturday) heading West.

Of course, we had to make a short detour in New Orleans for some Cafe Du Monde (only cost us about an hour).
View attachment 98705 View attachment 98706

Also, we saw somebody’s tires on the way to get delivered but I’m not much of a car guru so I couldn’t tell what size they were as we passed…
View attachment 98708

My gas light came on as we were exiting the interstate in Lake Charles (just did make it, lol) and we rolled up about 10:30am. I parked right up front and immediately saw my truck! It was love at first sight.
View attachment 98707
(It’s that blue one under the carport behind the TRX 🤣)
View attachment 98709

We walked inside and Angelo greeted us and somehow already knew who we were with no introduction! We had already e-signed the paperwork so there was only a couple of things to sign (mileage statements for the truck and my trade-in, my title, and I think that was it).
The actual process took MAYBE 30 minutes…the rest of the time was me just looking her over and playing with the settings before the 7 hour drive home.
Aaron came over to introduce himself and helped set up my phone to the truck. We talked for a few minutes and he’s as nice and real as everyone says! Jason came by to say hello in-between his phone calls (which to be honest was probably one of you guys asking if your truck was in 😜).
Aaron and Angelo each checked in on us at least once more before we left. Seeing Aaron sit at his command center desk (really, it looks like something out of an aircraft control tower) was cool; I honestly don’t know how he has the time to be a fantastic sales manager, deal with all of us forum folks bothering him because we are just being anxious and impatient, let’s be honest (and me being so new to this whole process and asking questions), AND come say hi and personally help set up my truck. The dude is amazing, and everyone else there was incredibly friendly!

I’d say the worst thing about the whole experience was walking away and watching Angelo drive off with my first car. I really didn’t think I was that sentimental about that sort of thing until I saw them drive away with 15 years of memories.
But on the plus side, I did get to meet @texas_guy90 in person since he showed up shortly after I did to get his truck too.
View attachment 98711
(His, mine, and my first)

We left and eventually had to get gas since it only had almost half a tank (could have made it all the way home if they filled it up but I’ll get over it, lol).
We stopped back in Biloxi for dinner (wanted to try a restaurant we saw there and it was dinner time anyway), and I finally got to get some better pictures.
View attachment 98712 View attachment 98713 View attachment 98714
I want to give her a bath after the drive home and hopefully there’ll be some sunny weather to get a few better shots.

We also stopped by a fireworks store to pick up some goodies (getting some practice parking in crowded lots already) and someone had the audacity to leave a cart inches away from the front of my truck. I couldn’t see that it was hit but it just looked intentionally placed, like some thinly veiled threat of some kind!

I’m sure I will feel much more comfortable driving the truck after I get used to all the new features I’ve never had before, of which there are MANY and the closer we got to home, already it was feeling more natural.

When we got home my eldest kid was still up and she was ecstatic to see daddy’s new truck, and my father-in-law (who has a 2015 1500) was giddier than I’ve ever seen him! I tried talking him into a new one when I ordered and he didn’t seem interested, but since then my brother-in-law leased a 2021 1500 Built-To-Serve and I think seeing mine tonight, even in the dark…he might be ready to upgrade.
And Aaron, if you’re reading this, of course I’m not letting him go anywhere except to you.

Seriously, thank you to you and your team for the single greatest car buying experience I’ve ever had or heard of! The honesty and genuineness is very refreshing and even in the current market and reading other people’s stories (nightmares?) dealing with their salespeople trying to get them to back out of their deals, going back on pricing, neglecting the locked-in financing…I literally could not be driving this dream come true without you. So thank you and your whole team!!!

Also, since people have wondered, yes the window sticker had my name on it, and yes I got both key fobs (either the Limiteds get both regardless or the chip shortage has recovered enough to not effect the fobs). I’d add more pictures but the forum says 10 attachments are the limit.

It feels strange finally getting to “graduate” from the tracking thread, but it definitely feels like Christmas in July!
congrats on the Truck ..Thank you for the detailed report and Awesome Pics!
Fantastic Color (though I may be somewhat biased lol)

kbooth

Reaction score
What I don't get is if all the parts for your truck have been gathered and its ready to be built....how can the chip shortage still be an excuse? Either they have the parts, to they don't. If they have them and the truck is ready to be built, I really need a new excuse on why this is taking so long!!!!

alpha_brit

Reaction score
What I don't get is if all the parts for your truck have been gathered and its ready to be built....how can the chip shortage still be an excuse? Either they have the parts, to they don't. If they have them and the truck is ready to be built, I really need a new excuse on why this is taking so long!!!!
I don't get it either. I'm watching vehicles ordered after mine be picked up from the dealership and I don't even have a build date yet.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
Speaking of prioritizing, anyone know what the "Build Priority" number on the order sheet actually means? Like once a VIN is obtained does everyone get a "Priority: 01" and it just goes into the black hole of build orders? Or does it really mean something?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the answer.

Last edited:

kbooth

Reaction score
Speaking of prioritizing, anyone know what the "Build Priority" number on the order sheet actually means? Like once a VIN is obtained does everyone get a "Priority: 01" and it just goes into the black hole of build orders? Or does it really mean something?
It means it will be built really soon! 😜

alpha_brit

Reaction score

You and I are in the exact same spot.

Regarding what someone said about the dealership possibly making a difference, I'm watching others with order dates after mine receive their vehicles from the same dealership I ordered through. I cannot parse why this is even possible. Ram is all bUt We bUiLd tHeM iN oRdEr :cautious:

kbooth

Reaction score

Regarding what someone said about the dealership possibly making a difference, I'm watching others with order dates after mine receive their vehicles from the same dealership I ordered through. I cannot parse why this is even possible. Ram is all bUt We bUiLd tHeM iN oRdEr :cautious:
RAM Really Amazing Mess

Jimmymc

Reaction score
There better be a really good reason why our orders are taking so long to fill. 7 months is just crazy!

I wonder if they’d give me this instead. Yeah, I wish…

View attachment 98757
No idea… either we’re getting cancelled, getting 22s or they are going to build these things until October to fill all the sport orders

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yeah they told me that too when I asked and there’s just no way the math works out for that to be true.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
No idea… either we’re getting cancelled, getting 22s or they are going to build these things until October to fill all the sport orders
I complain and then I see my neighbors to the north discuss their orders and I'm like wow, am I impatient. I'd have lost my mind by now if I were in your shoes

kbooth

Reaction score
I complain and then I see my neighbors to the north discuss their orders and I'm like wow, am I impatient. I'd have lost my mind by now if I were in your shoes
Don’t even get me started on what our poor Canadian brothers have to face. My whole job is helping companies improve their customer experience and RAM needs a huge enema in this area….

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t even get me started on what our poor Canadian brothers have to face. My whole job is helping companies improve their customer experience and RAM needs a huge enema in this area….
Well, I think it’s fair to blame the Canadians for their problems. If they didn’t apologize so often, they’d probably get their trucks sooner.

1625438205967.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online