5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Hey fellas, so I ordered a 2021 RAM Sport Crew Cab with 6'4 box on Feb 27, my dealer says it is still not in production and no build date. I'm patient, but this is starting to get a bit crazy, it's been 4 months since I ordered.

I just sold my Flame Red 2016 RAM SLT Quad Cab today for good money, so feeling happy about that. Only issue is I am now truckless.

I was reading through these posts but need some help, what can I do to get more info? What is RAM Chat, and what is window sticker lookup? I have the VIN of the new RAM. Thanks!
I ordered in November, still no build date and my dealer has escalated this about as far up as they can with Stellantis Canada. They are basically under the impression that of you have a VIN it will be built but nothing beyond that. These Sport trims are taking forever to get built

BornTooLate

Reaction score
I ordered in November, still no build date and my dealer has escalated this about as far up as they can with Stellantis Canada. They are basically under the impression that of you have a VIN it will be built but nothing beyond that. These Sport trims are taking forever to get built
I was watching a video on Youtube and the commercial before it was for the Ram Sport . How its "exclusively Canadian, eh." and I'm like , it isn't enough to put my build off for 7 months ; now you are buying time on Youtube to mock me??!! Shame on you RAM.

wintaborn

Reaction score
Ramchat serves the Americans. They won't do anything to escalate for us Canadians. They will occasionally tell you the current status.

This the link for your build sheet. There are a couple. You get this when the truck has come off the assembly line.

These are the window sticker links. They will get uploaded when your truck is done and cleared for shipping

just enter those links into the address bar with your vin. What province did you order from?
Thanks for the links. I tried with my VIN and no dice, so clearly it is not off the assembly line! I ordered from Toronto, Ontario.
Seems it is a SPORT issue, I thought maybe it was because I did the crew cab with 6'4" bed which seems to be abnormal, most of the trucks on dealer lots are crew cab/short box.

wintaborn

Reaction score
Welcome to the ”I’m a Canadian and ordered ’21 Sport and have been waiting for months club”.

Unfortunately your dealer is the best and only way to get info about your order. I’ve tried calling FCA Canada and got nowhere. I ordered mine on Feb 8th and as of yesterday I’m still in D status with no scheduled build date.

Fingers crossed that it gets built before SHAP shuts down later this month to switch model years. Who knows whether they’d even honour all our deals we struck back in Dec/Jan/Feb if our orders got bumped to a ‘22.
Well at least some company in my misery! My sales guy said that the info from Stellantis is unreliable, so basically just cross your fingers.

When is the shutdown? At this point, maybe getting a 2022 model year truck would be the only silver lining if we've already waited this long.

I see you have a 2016, not sure when you are planning to sell, but due to this shortage of new trucks, the value of your truck might be up $5K from what you might have got in Feb.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well at least some company in my misery! My sales guy said that the info from Stellantis is unreliable, so basically just cross your fingers.

When is the shutdown? At this point, maybe getting a 2022 model year truck would be the only silver lining if we've already waited this long.

I see you have a 2016, not sure when you are planning to sell, but due to this shortage of new trucks, the value of your truck might be up $5K from what you might have got in Feb.
So the shutdown is suppose to be the end of July and the 2022's start August 7th. Those are tentative dates though. I wonder if y'alls orders will get cancelled or if they will just push to finish those orders. It's like leaving money on the table to not fill those orders.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It appears that am just a day behind you...hoping to see a build sheet late today or tomorrow.
Super excited for you guys. The wait is just killer.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Super excited for you guys. The wait is just killer.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
Your time will come very soon...when did you order and where do you hail from?

Edit: RAM Chat just gave me an update...they say my truck build is complete and pending options installation. I don't know how long it takes for the spray in bed liner and chrome running boards but not long I would imagine. My time is near.

Last edited:

Jay905

Reaction score

The shutdown definitely is tentative per KWKSILVR. My dealer had a communication from FCA a while back that SHAP would shutdown sometime this week and ‘21’s would have to be built by then or be cancelled/bumped. I’ve seen a few posts in this forum that the date keeps getting pushed back.

I included my 2016 as a trade in on the deal and I don’t plan to turn it over to the dealer until I know my truck is on its way. But thanks for the heads up on the value!! If I end up getting even close to $5k more for my truck, it will be worth 80% of what I paid for it back in 2016! Which is CRAZY.

Last edited:

stembridge

Reaction score
Build sheet just showed up. I have two different build sheet links, it only showed up on one of them and not the other.
No fair! Still no build sheet for me yet... but of course, my truck's being built in a different factory, being a Classic.

es

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Build sheet just showed up. I have two different build sheet links, it only showed up on one of them and not the other.
Nice. I ordered my 2022 bighorn on 6/14...vin about a week later. Just sold my 2020 laramie for good money that will be used towards the 2022 bighorn. I live close to the philadelphia area.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Wow, everything is coming up roses today...I just received my $1000 discount coupon for having requested a RAM brochure from their WEB site. All I need now is a truck to purchase.

I just printed the email that came with the coupon information. Is there anything else that I need to do to redeem this coupon?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, everything is coming up roses today...I just received my $1000 discount coupon for having requested a RAM brochure from their WEB site. All I need now is a truck to purchase.

I just printed the email that came with the coupon information. Is there anything else that I need to do to redeem this coupon?
I signed up as well, and I got an email with a link to the brochure. But I didn't get a coupon. Did that come in a separate email?

jefferyrw

Reaction score
I signed up as well, and I got an email with a link to the brochure. But I didn't get a coupon. Did that come in a separate email?
The brochure came in the mail last week or the week before...the coupon came in its own email just moments ago. I am not certain how to redeem it though. The email has a redemption code with my name just above it.

Did I answer your question? I ramble sometimes.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a email with my discount. However it specifically states 2021 rams that are delivered before August 2021.

So I guess I don't qualify if it's a 2022 model...not to mention that it would most likely be delivered right after that.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
I got a email with my discount. However it specifically states 2021 rams that are delivered before August 2021.

So I guess I don't qualify if it's a 2022 model...not to mention that it would most likely be delivered right after that.

Mine is good until August 31 on 2021 RAMs so I am hopeful that it will work OK. Maybe you can get an updated coupon for your 2022

stembridge

Reaction score
Mine is good until August 31 on 2021 RAMs so I am hopeful that it will work OK. Maybe you can get an updated coupon for your 2022
I just got the same email ($1,000 Bonus Cash Allowance), good through August 31. I've emailed Aaron at Mark Dodge to see if I can stack that with the $500 rebate I was already eligible for.

es

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But thanks for the heads up on the value!! If I end up getting even close to $5k more for my truck, it will be worth 80% of what I paid for it back in 2016! Which is CRAZY.

Definitely keep an eye on the value, I don't know if you have carvana/vroom/autonation up there or anything comparable, but if you do check the value there regularly. My trade in value when I ordered in March was $30,000 (2017 longhorn) and I ended up selling it to autonation for $38,250 in May. I paid about $3,000 less for it 2 years prior to that and put about 35k miles on it. So it's definitely important to keep an eye on that, I took the gamble and sold prior to my new ordered truck being built and had to go truck less for a month but for nearly 10k it was certainly worth it. Of course having an extra vehicle to drive in the meantime is pretty helpful too, or if nothing else you can try to use other offers you get to increase your trade value from the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread