5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

kbooth

Reaction score
After finally getting in touch with the manager, I was able to obtain a VIN. He still says there is no update on their system regarding build status. I checked the FCA Canada window sticker link and the sticker popped up. I just don't know what that means (truck built/not built/just information on what I ordered).
If you have a window sticker, it means you have a built truck that is ready to ship!

jgreene

Reaction score
I was three days from paint to build sheet. Then four days to window sticker--I think because the bed utility group/liner is done by an outside vendor.

Note: RAM Chat's information tends to be behind your actual status.
RAM Chat also tends to lie sometimes. They told me May 9th my truck was built....next day I asked...I was back to waiting for parts lol

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright....so I finally traded my 2020 laramie in today and got a fair deal at the same dealership that I placed my order.

Sales rep printed out a detailed copy of my sales order, I know wanted a 8.4.uconnect 5 with nav. So when I got a my detailed list, it has listed the uconnect nav w 12" screen. They couldn't order the 8.4 nav. Anybody run into that issue when ordering? Only major difference is that is a bighorn with leve 2 and pano roof. Other things I ordered was a rambox, and tha back country package

So I'm not upset that I got the 12"screen (it's a nice upgrade) but it's q decent size upgrade compared to the 8.4 screen.

So do I need to get a screen protector now for that 12" sucker? Never had it...so I'm going to be very timid touching that screen.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

bdwebb2

Reaction score
Well, 10 weeks and 6 days since ordering, I finally got the call from Aaron at Mark Dodge, truck has arrived! Attaching photos he texted me, will update with better/more pics once I take delivery and get home with it.

Attachments

• E29ECE68-3739-469D-9388-1DEEAB3D3A2B.jpeg
    E29ECE68-3739-469D-9388-1DEEAB3D3A2B.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 8C54FA16-31C3-4476-ABEC-208859779F7A.jpeg
    8C54FA16-31C3-4476-ABEC-208859779F7A.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 1B0B53BB-5102-4019-AE48-A0FA977B116A.jpeg
    1B0B53BB-5102-4019-AE48-A0FA977B116A.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 62
  • B3875E49-6637-4B85-9F37-7AD06EBF98CC.jpeg
    B3875E49-6637-4B85-9F37-7AD06EBF98CC.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 63

kbooth

Reaction score
Alright....so I finally traded my 2020 laramie in today and got a fair deal at the same dealership that I placed my order.

Sales rep printed out a detailed copy of my sales order, I know wanted a 8.4.uconnect 5 with nav. So when I got a my detailed list, it has listed the uconnect nav w 12" screen. They couldn't order the 8.4 nav. Anybody run into that issue when ordering? Only major difference is that is a bighorn with leve 2 and pano roof. Other things I ordered was a rambox, and tha back country package

So I'm not upset that I got the 12"screen (it's a nice upgrade) but it's q decent size upgrade compared to the 8.4 screen.

So do I need to get a screen protector now for that 12" sucker? Never had it...so I'm going to be very timid touching that screen.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I plan on getting one just for the anti-glare part…

leecamper

Reaction score
My truck has delivered to dealership a few weeks ago but been holding by finance process.
In general, how long does it take to get funded?
The dealership has started the finance process with bank about 8 days ago but still not funded and so can't pick up my truck sadly until it's funded.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
My truck has delivered to dealership a few weeks ago but been holding by finance process.
In general, how long does it take to get funded?
The dealership has started the finance process with bank about 8 days ago but still not funded and so can't pick up my truck sadly until it's funded.
It seems that I have always gotten an answer, one way or the other, in just a matter of hours at longest. It is a bummer that yours is dragging out so long.

Last edited:

alpha_brit

Reaction score
It seems that I have always gotten an answer, one way or the other, in just a matter of hours at longest. It is a bummer that yours is dragging out so long.
I've had a decision pretty much immediately the times I've done manufacturers financing (due to low APR). The time I brought my own financing it took my credit union a couple days to process everything and cut the check, but I had the check within 2-3 days. Something doesn't sound quite right.

BlackBettyRamJam

Reaction score

I went from a 12" screen down to the 8.4 w/Nav on my 2021. My 2019 had three over the air updates that failed where I had to take it in to get it reflashed to get the navigation to work again. Another one finally bricked it and had to wait 4 weeks for a new one to come in. The worst part was that you can't even control the heated seats (always on at that point and it would get too hot) or temperature without the screen so I had to get a loaner since it was really not usable in the middle of December in Iowa. After having my 2021 for a week with the 8.4" I'm much happier having my buttons back for A/C as well as the heated and cooled seats.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went from a 12" screen down to the 8.4 w/Nav on my 2021. My 2019 had three over the air updates that failed where I had to take it in to get it reflashed to get the navigation to work again. Another one finally bricked it and had to wait 4 weeks for a new one to come in. The worst part was that you can't even control the heated seats (always on at that point and it would get too hot) or temperature without the screen so I had to get a loaner since it was really not usable in the middle of December in Iowa. After having my 2021 for a week with the 8.4" I'm much happier having my buttons back for A/C as well as the heated and cooled seats.
I've heard horror stories about the bigger screen. I waited the first couple of years to see if they can iron the issue. I'm also hoping that the uconnect 5 helps as well

wintaborn

Reaction score
Hey fellas, so I ordered a 2021 RAM Sport Crew Cab with 6'4 box on Feb 27, my dealer says it is still not in production and no build date. I'm patient, but this is starting to get a bit crazy, it's been 4 months since I ordered.

I just sold my Flame Red 2016 RAM SLT Quad Cab today for good money, so feeling happy about that. Only issue is I am now truckless.

I was reading through these posts but need some help, what can I do to get more info? What is RAM Chat, and what is window sticker lookup? I have the VIN of the new RAM. Thanks!

jgreene

Reaction score
Hey fellas, so I ordered a 2021 RAM Sport Crew Cab with 6'4 box on Feb 27, my dealer says it is still not in production and no build date. I'm patient, but this is starting to get a bit crazy, it's been 4 months since I ordered.

I just sold my Flame Red 2016 RAM SLT Quad Cab today for good money, so feeling happy about that. Only issue is I am now truckless.

I was reading through these posts but need some help, what can I do to get more info? What is RAM Chat, and what is window sticker lookup? I have the VIN of the new RAM. Thanks!
Ramchat serves the Americans. They won't do anything to escalate for us Canadians. They will occasionally tell you the current status.

This the link for your build sheet. There are a couple. You get this when the truck has come off the assembly line.

These are the window sticker links. They will get uploaded when your truck is done and cleared for shipping

just enter those links into the address bar with your vin. What province did you order from?

Jay905

Reaction score

Welcome to the ”I’m a Canadian and ordered ’21 Sport and have been waiting for months club”.

Unfortunately your dealer is the best and only way to get info about your order. I’ve tried calling FCA Canada and got nowhere. I ordered mine on Feb 8th and as of yesterday I’m still in D status with no scheduled build date.

Fingers crossed that it gets built before SHAP shuts down later this month to switch model years. Who knows whether they’d even honour all our deals we struck back in Dec/Jan/Feb if our orders got bumped to a ‘22.

Users who are viewing this thread