5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

wright0315

Reaction score
The day has arrived! Picked up during a long lunch break. Now I need to make it through the rest of the day with it just sitting in my driveway while I work. So tough. Got a great deal and all the employees at the dealership loved it. Though they said they have never seen a Rebel spec'd up this high.
I did find out that they (RAM) will start to ship only 1 keyfob with each new truck because of the chip shortage (and promise to get the 2nd once supplies kick back in). Thankfully I passed the cut off and got 2 keys.
Mojito green Jeep is what I upgraded from!
Beautiful truck! I can't wait to get my rebel. I kind of wish I would have gotten the multi-function tailgate like you did.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you, I'll definitely check back with those links once I have the info, but my issue for the time being is that I don't have anything other than paperwork showing the truck was ordered. Perhaps the dealership will forward some of this to me once things are a little further along, or maybe I need to reach out to the person who ordered this for me.
Yeah after a few days you can ask the dealer for your VIN

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
Just joined but have been lurking and reading for a while now. Placed an order last month and have no clue how to do the tracking everyone discusses here. I think I'm a long ways out from delivery but the search function didn't do much for how to go about finding out enough to track my order. Anyone willing to help a n00b?

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Thank you, I'll definitely check back with those links once I have the info, but my issue for the time being is that I don't have anything other than paperwork showing the truck was ordered. Perhaps the dealership will forward some of this to me once things are a little further along, or maybe I need to reach out to the person who ordered this for me.
Use the Ram chat link above. You can give them your VON from your order sheet and they will give you the VIN that has been assigned

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Use the Ram chat link above. You can give them your VON from your order sheet and they will give you the VIN that has been assigned
Thank you - the chat link is bouncing me when I try, guess maybe it's down? I'll try again tomorrow, thanks!

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go to ram trucks.com and scroll down to contact us. Go to contract act us again than either call or chat

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don’t need a special link. Ram chat is not really even designed for us to keep getting updates on vehicles. Sometimes they try telling me they don’t even see my vin in their system

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
(new member)

Went in to order my first Ram today after work. Did all the paperwork, put down some cash, sales manager chases us down in the parking lot and told us the 2021s are no longer orderable as of 2pm today.

Silver lining: I'll be early on the 2022s and get the new Uconnect and wireless carplay.
UCONNECT5 not confirmed for 2022. My dealer thinks it will be 2023.

Nova90

Reaction score
So any of the experts please correct me if I’m wrong here, but what I’ve gathered from the reading is that your build sheet will show up when your build has started, and your window sticker will show up when your build is finished, but sometimes guys get both in the same day. Maybe they didn’t check every day or Ram doesn’t upload them daily, not sure. These are the links that I’ve seen people share.
Just put your VIN after the equals sign (no spaces):

Build Sheet when build is started:

Window Sticker when build is complete:
https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=
I think the build sheet shows up once the build is completed by the factory (right before it gets turned over to the body vendor for accessories) That's how mine just worked. It is basically a document accounting for everything in the build at the main factory location. After the build sheet was generated, mine is sitting with a JB code (at body vendor). At that facility they do the add ons like spray-in liner, running boards, etc. Once that is complete, then the window sticker will generate for the fully completed build. I have been sitting at JB since 5/6 with a build sheet but no window sticker yet (obviously the spray-in liner and running boards haven't been completed yet)

space4092

Reaction score
I think the build sheet shows up once the build is completed by the factory (right before it gets turned over to the body vendor for accessories) That's how mine just worked. It is basically a document accounting for everything in the build at the main factory location. After the build sheet was generated, mine is sitting with a JB code (at body vendor). At that facility they do the add ons like spray-in liner, running boards, etc. Once that is complete, then the window sticker will generate for the fully completed build. I have been sitting at JB since 5/6 with a build sheet but no window sticker yet (obviously the spray-in liner and running boards haven't been completed yet)
That's how it worked for me as well, JB took a couple of days, and then the window sticker popped up.

21RAMidnight

Reaction score
I was watching a You Tube video that indicated RAM is going to start eliminating certain options due to the chip shortage the presenter specifically mentioned option XAN - Blind spot and cross path detection. That is one of the options I ordered:unsure:

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me too. Don’t worry if they took your order you’ll get it. That’s the reason I didn’t buy off the lot. I couldn’t find one with blind spot. Maybe the 22’s will lose that option

Matrixband

Reaction score
(new member)

Went in to order my first Ram today after work. Did all the paperwork, put down some cash, sales manager chases us down in the parking lot and told us the 2021s are no longer orderable as of 2pm today.

Silver lining: I'll be early on the 2022s and get the new Uconnect and wireless carplay.
Well, that is more info than I got on April 30th, they tried to place my order, and said could not get the main option package to take. They had never seen this before, was the reply. I closed my checkbook and left. It's been two weeks, and no word as to why (just rumors here). I would not mind waiting for a 2022 (hopefully delivered by the end of 2021) if the order window opens soon, but again, ...silence.

Last edited:

Every20years

Reaction score
I've been checking on the original build that I had ordered just to provide updates to this group. Ordered on 3/10, VIN 3/12. D1 4/19 (Same day I picked up my truck from the lot that had what I wanted), Buildsheet 5/3 and today RAM Chat says it is complete and ready "for the road" so I assume that means ready to ship. No ETA provided and there is no window sticker yet. That makes it 9 weeks today. I'll be interested in the Window Sticker to see what the price went up to. Also asked RAM Chat about the chip shortage and their answer was "they had an issue in early April but it has been resolved." I would take that as they reallocated to what was ordered and won't build any fleet orders with those chips. Also said that vehicle is supposed to have two Key Fobs. They also confirmed no more 2021 Orders which also may be how they "resolved" the chip shortage.

I feel for everyone still waiting. Just got lucky to find my unicorn a month ago on a lot. If anyone is looking for a Ltd EcoDiesel, ORP, BUG, Indigo/Frost, Sunroof, Ltd Level 1, Trailer Brake in Max Steele DM me and I'll get you the contact information for the SA. Should be in Colorado Springs in another three weeks or so.

Cupped_up

Reaction score
Me too. Don’t worry if they took your order you’ll get it. That’s the reason I didn’t buy off the lot. I couldn’t find one with blind spot. Maybe the 22’s will lose that option
Not true. My truck is heading to the dealer from factory. Window sticker says it has active air dam delete (-$85). I was never notified. If they need to, the will remove it.

MBHPHD

Reaction score
Not true. My truck is heading to the dealer from factory. Window sticker says it has active air dam delete (-$85). I was never notified. If they need to, the will remove it.
Same here - my window sticker say Active Air Dam Delete (-$85). At least it's built and, I presume, shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/