5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Chuck19

Reaction score
The Hemi e-torque is $300 more now? I got almost the same build as you. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yes I did see that. I haven't had a chance to compare to my order sheet but I am curious if they Aaron at Mark Dodge honors my build sheet or says because of shortages blah blah blah we have to go by new pricing. thats if the window sticker is a huge difference from my build sheet

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had to email Aaron earlier to let him know I would be buying the truck under my name rather than the business', so I figured I would ask if he had any updates on the truck. Just asked ramchat the other day and was told still gathering parts, however, Aaron told me today it has moved to D1! Hoping this is accurate and hopefully I will see a build sheet in the next few weeks!

ben b

Reaction score
I don't understand how so many of you get a ship date once you reach the D1 status. I ordered on 03/05 ( 8 weeks from today) and hit D-1 on 04/19 according to both RAM Chat and my sales person. Both have said and continue to say that there are no other dates available at this time. That would be build and ship date. I have contacted RAM Chat everyday since 04/19 with the same results. Each agent I talk to at RAM Chat says the same exact thing, except for maybe changing a word or two - "I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced you order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! I recommend checking back in the next week or so and we would be happy to check on your order." They should change it up every once in awhile just to give us some false hope of movement. ;)
Hello Keith12 -- My situation is similar to yours. I ordered on 2/28 and hit D1 on 4/16 for a Longhorn 10th Anniversary edition. Earlier today my dealer said that my estimated ship date was 4/29 (yes -- that is yesterday). RAM Chat is consistently telling me the same "all material is gathered..." status that you get. They repeated this status today. My case got escalated a few weeks ago to "Jeff" who promised to get back to me on 4/29. He did get back to me yesterday and said that he was anxious to get my truck built and shipped but didn't have any update to offer.

Doesn't seem to be much either of us can do except drown our sorrows in beer/martinis, whichever works best.

madmax2425

Reaction score
This is my order sheet and looks like engine option went up $300.00 and base price went up $300.00.

ben b

Reaction score
I have a question for some of you who are more sophisticated about the car business than me…. Do customers of higher volume RAM dealers get faster deliveries for factory orders?

I’ve noticed that delivery performance on orders in the last ~10 weeks vary widely, based on posts in this forum. Some may be due to options selected, but that can’t explain everything. Sometimes very high end RAMs get built faster and other times more mid-range ones get the fast builds. Build time from D1 seems to vary widely -- this is after all the parts are gathered so it can’t be material shortages.

My brother-in-law looking to order a Corvette C8 and has confirmed this behavior by GM. If he orders from a high volume dealer, he can get faster delivery times. If he orders from a low volume dealer, he has to wait a year in line before they will even input his order, then wait another year for delivery.

If this is true, then a customer wanting a timely delivery for his RAM should focus on the high volume dealers (several mentioned throughout this forum). Bummer for those who want to support their local, smaller dealers (like me).

Thoughts?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I tried to order today, but the computer system would not take the Longhorn Level One Group as an option. Don't know if it was an incompetent dealer, glitchy computer system, or more likely, Ram is changing packages or limiting certain things right now due to the computer chip shortage. I am frustrated that I finely decided what to get, and then I'm snubbed. They are supposed to follow up next week to see what can be done.
It's possible that you missed the window for the 2021's. My dealer told me that orders for 2021's might end this week. Apparently there is a period of time, when the system switches over, that you can't order a truck.

Every20years

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried that and when creating an account, it wanted a credit card as it's a "pay for service" thing?
It only works if the dealership has activated the service. They have to set it up and it will send you a text or email and you have to set up a PIN to allow access.

GTLimited

Reaction score
I have a question for some of you who are more sophisticated about the car business than me…. Do customers of higher volume RAM dealers get faster deliveries for factory orders?

I’ve noticed that delivery performance on orders in the last ~10 weeks vary widely, based on posts in this forum. Some may be due to options selected, but that can’t explain everything. Sometimes very high end RAMs get built faster and other times more mid-range ones get the fast builds. Build time from D1 seems to vary widely -- this is after all the parts are gathered so it can’t be material shortages.

My brother-in-law looking to order a Corvette C8 and has confirmed this behavior by GM. If he orders from a high volume dealer, he can get faster delivery times. If he orders from a low volume dealer, he has to wait a year in line before they will even input his order, then wait another year for delivery.

If this is true, then a customer wanting a timely delivery for his RAM should focus on the high volume dealers (several mentioned throughout this forum). Bummer for those who want to support their local, smaller dealers (like me).

Thoughts?

Not an expert by any stretch, but I'd say it's hard to compare something like a Corvette to a Ram build. I've been on various different car forums and certainly on items like a Corvette (or BMW M-car, Porsche, etc) it seems that the dealer will have to have allocation to even order one. So perhaps a dealer that has more allocation can get one faster because he has one to order from ... compared with a smaller dealer who has used up allocation and has to sit and wait for more.

I'm not sure that's the case with the Ram, to be honest. From the looks of it, I ordered my Big Horn from one of the highest volume dealers on the east coast ... and I'm at 10 weeks with probably another 2-3 weeks of shipping time before it hits the dealer lot.

Horty222

Reaction score
Just confirmed my Ram Rebel order with Aaron at Mark Dodge thanks to all the great info on here. Now the wait begins! Despite living in Virginia, I couldn't get a better deal or service from either Koons or Criswell (Carl at Criswell never even emailed me back).
Wow, sucks man.. I emailed both Aaron and Carl. Aaron beat Carl's quote by $300 but I'm just 25 min away from Criswell so I placed my order with Carl.

NaCl342

Reaction score
Hello Keith12 -- My situation is similar to yours. I ordered on 2/28 and hit D1 on 4/16 for a Longhorn 10th Anniversary edition. Earlier today my dealer said that my estimated ship date was 4/29 (yes -- that is yesterday). RAM Chat is consistently telling me the same "all material is gathered..." status that you get. They repeated this status today. My case got escalated a few weeks ago to "Jeff" who promised to get back to me on 4/29. He did get back to me yesterday and said that he was anxious to get my truck built and shipped but didn't have any update to offer.

Doesn't seem to be much either of us can do except drown our sorrows in beer/martinis, whichever works best.
Not necessarily a reference from Dodge, but a 3rd party that independently researches new order delivery times for various Fleet managers from various manufacturers. Hope this helps.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Had to email Aaron earlier to let him know I would be buying the truck under my name rather than the business', so I figured I would ask if he had any updates on the truck. Just asked ramchat the other day and was told still gathering parts, however, Aaron told me today it has moved to D1! Hoping this is accurate and hopefully I will see a build sheet in the next few weeks!
Very nice build - look forward to the pics

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Truck arrived at the dealer today and signed my papers with Mark Dodge. Truck leaves Louisiana Monday. Shortly after it arrives it has changes scheduled immediately with lift, wheels, tires, tint, exhaust, and tonneau being installed from the pile in my garage.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck arrived at the dealer today and signed my papers with Mark Dodge. Truck leaves Louisiana Monday. Shortly after it arrives it has changes scheduled immediately with lift, wheels, tires, tint, exhaust, and tonneau being installed from the pile in my garage.
Dang, sounds like you need a new status code! haha

Users who are viewing this thread