5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's possible that you missed the window for the 2021's. My dealer told me that orders for 2021's might end this week. Apparently there is a period of time, when the system switches over, that you can't order a truck.
Already? Not even halfway through the year?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a question for some of you who are more sophisticated about the car business than me…. Do customers of higher volume RAM dealers get faster deliveries for factory orders?

I’ve noticed that delivery performance on orders in the last ~10 weeks vary widely, based on posts in this forum. Some may be due to options selected, but that can’t explain everything. Sometimes very high end RAMs get built faster and other times more mid-range ones get the fast builds. Build time from D1 seems to vary widely -- this is after all the parts are gathered so it can’t be material shortages.

My brother-in-law looking to order a Corvette C8 and has confirmed this behavior by GM. If he orders from a high volume dealer, he can get faster delivery times. If he orders from a low volume dealer, he has to wait a year in line before they will even input his order, then wait another year for delivery.

If this is true, then a customer wanting a timely delivery for his RAM should focus on the high volume dealers (several mentioned throughout this forum). Bummer for those who want to support their local, smaller dealers (like me).

Thoughts?
My guess would be that the biggest time variance factor would be dealer volume. High volume dealers should theoretically be able to have a full truckload quicker and more often so it’d be less likely your truck would be waiting to ship out to a smaller dealer/area.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice build - look forward to the pics

Thank you, I can't wait to see it in person but will definitely be posting up pictures as well! Same to you and your build, I will look forward to seeing your interior/exterior color combination. The Delmonico red is great, my current 2017 is that color and it's been great. I really like the black/frost combo too, I like having something other than a regular black interior.

keith12

Reaction score
Hello Keith12 -- My situation is similar to yours. I ordered on 2/28 and hit D1 on 4/16 for a Longhorn 10th Anniversary edition. Earlier today my dealer said that my estimated ship date was 4/29 (yes -- that is yesterday). RAM Chat is consistently telling me the same "all material is gathered..." status that you get. They repeated this status today. My case got escalated a few weeks ago to "Jeff" who promised to get back to me on 4/29. He did get back to me yesterday and said that he was anxious to get my truck built and shipped but didn't have any update to offer.

Doesn't seem to be much either of us can do except drown our sorrows in beer/martinis, whichever works best.
I hear ya! 🍺🥃

MassDiesel

Reaction score
Finally a sign of hope! Earlier this week Ramchat was still saying "parts are being gathered..." but today it flipped to the generic "I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! I recommend checking back in the next week or so and we would be happy to check on your order."
Does this mean i'm in D1? Tried to see if they'd cough up the code, but no dice.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally a sign of hope! Earlier this week Ramchat was still saying "parts are being gathered..." but today it flipped to the generic "I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! I recommend checking back in the next week or so and we would be happy to check on your order."
Does this mean i'm in D1? Tried to see if they'd cough up the code, but no dice.
“Maybe” call your dealer to be sure. Their code is better than Ram Chat.

space4092

Reaction score
sounds like D1 to me

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely call the dealer cause ram chat gave me that message and than a week later they were back to gathering parts. Was at dealership today and I’m still D status. I ordered loaded rebel on 4/8

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind being bumped to 22’. My price and zero percent finance are locked in

NWHammer

Reaction score
Just checked with Phillip at Bud Clary regarding my order (longhorn) which I placed March 23. He gave me a ship date of 5/13.....

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, 2022s are released in august and start hitting dealers in September so I guess work backwards by 12 weeks to August and that’s probably the cut-off.
Does that mean you can custom order in May? I didn’t think you could order until September-October

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a 21’. For some reason the Longhorns are all moving along and the rebels are at a standstill. I’m just thinking if they take long enough to gather the parts for my build maybe it will be a 22. Only got another month of production for the 21’s

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The real problem for me is my commute vs. my trade in value. I put about 100 miles a day on my current truck. Already have 1k over my estimates mileage

Jdthompson79

Reaction score
Ordered 3/25, Build sheet showed up today.
Bighorn QC night edition, level 2, 6'4 bed, ORP, air suspension, 33 gal tank, trailer control, non- etorque
Aaron just called from Mark Dodge and said my truck is ready. 37 days from order to dealer. Now, to ship or fly and drive from NC?

Users who are viewing this thread