5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

keith12

Reaction score
I don't understand how so many of you get a ship date once you reach the D1 status. I ordered on 03/05 ( 8 weeks from today) and hit D-1 on 04/19 according to both RAM Chat and my sales person. Both have said and continue to say that there are no other dates available at this time. That would be build and ship date. I have contacted RAM Chat everyday since 04/19 with the same results. Each agent I talk to at RAM Chat says the same exact thing, except for maybe changing a word or two - "I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced you order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! I recommend checking back in the next week or so and we would be happy to check on your order." They should change it up every once in awhile just to give us some false hope of movement. ;)

Reaction score
Been lurking on this forum for a couple weeks. Anyone else order a Built to Serve early on in release? Just curious if I’ll have a bit more of a wait since they will only produce 500 painted with my selection. Wake up every morning eating breakfast and reading on here, figured I’d jump in and chat!

bigbadford91

Reaction score
Ordered 4/9. Dealer let me know today estimated ship date is 5/4. Do I have good expectations if I'm expecting arrival ~2-3 weeks after it ships?

I'm now thinking about selling my current 4th gen instead of trading it in but trying to play the timing game. It's camping season and we don't want to spend too much time w/o a truck :)
What color did you order? I ordered a North Edition in Delmonico Red on 3/31.

Limited2021

Reaction score
I don't understand how so many of you get a ship date once you reach the D1 status. I ordered on 03/05 ( 8 weeks from today) and hit D-1 on 04/19 according to both RAM Chat and my sales person. Both have said and continue to say that there are no other dates available at this time. That would be build and ship date. I have contacted RAM Chat everyday since 04/19 with the same results. Each agent I talk to at RAM Chat says the same exact thing, except for maybe changing a word or two - "I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced you order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! I recommend checking back in the next week or so and we would be happy to check on your order." They should change it up every once in awhile just to give us some false hope of movement. ;)

My dealer gave me my estimated ship date after I hit D1. Ram Chat was always behind the information that the dealer would give me. My truck was built and ram chat was still saying it was scheduled to be built yet.

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
Estimated ship date was on the sheet my dealer printed out after it went D1

Attachments

• 20210430_111325.jpg
    20210430_111325.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 47

fun2bme

Reaction score
From my dealer "YOUR RAM IS FINALLY IN TRANSIT!!! It's current ETA is TBD due to a hold up at the factory with not enough truck carriers for all of vehicles in transit." So close, yet so far away. Wish I could just pick it up at the plant!
Timeline for those counting:
- 2/26 - Ordered, VON, D status
- 3/12 - VIN
- 4/7 - Escalated with RamChat that there was no movement and received a case#.
- 4/16 - D1 status
- 4/27 - E status (frame)
- 4/28 - F status (paint)
- 4/29 - vehicle order has been built and is currently in shipment process. Build sheet available.
- 4/30 - Dealer says commentary above, in transit ETA TBD. No window sticker yet. (9 weeks and counting since placing order)
Summary is lot's of waiting to get to D1, but once there it moved through the actual assembly really quickly. I'm now expecting +2wks because per dealer "The truck comes from MI and goes on a train to Jessup MD, then gets put on a truck and shuttled to the dealership here."

Oh, and I did confirm with Dealer (was on POC as well) that vehicle will only have 1 key fob. Dealer said due to chip shortage. Also said he thought Ram would ship me a key later (I guess we'll see if that actually happens).

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried that and when creating an account, it wanted a credit card as it's a "pay for service" thing?
You have to wait until your build is complete and shipped or has a VIN. Uconnect is free for the first year I believe.

RambleOn

Reaction score
From my dealer "YOUR RAM IS FINALLY IN TRANSIT!!! It's current ETA is TBD due to a hold up at the factory with not enough truck carriers for all of vehicles in transit." So close, yet so far away. Wish I could just pick it up at the plant!
- 3/12 - VIN
- 4/16 - D1 status
- 4/29 - vehicle order has been built and is currently in shipment process. Build sheet available.
- 4/30 - Dealer says commentary above, in transit ETA TBD. No window sticker yet. (9 weeks and counting since placing order)
Summary is lot's of waiting to get to D1, but once there it moved through the actual assembly really quickly. I'm now expecting +2wks because per dealer "The truck comes from MI and goes on a train to Jessup MD, then gets put on a truck and shuttled to the dealership here."

Oh, and I did confirm with Dealer (was on POC as well) that vehicle will only have 1 key fob. Dealer said due to chip shortage. Also said he thought Ram would ship me a key later (I guess we'll see if that actually happens).
I ordered two days before you (2/24) and I have had a nearly identical experience in terms of timeline and status changes. It's pretty crazy. My window sticker finally popped up today and ram chat gave me an ETA for the first time as well! I bet you'll get your ETA and Window sticker tomorrow.

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 05/07/2021 - 05/21/2021

Matrixband

Reaction score
I tried to order today, but the computer system would not take the Longhorn Level One Group as an option. Don't know if it was an incompetent dealer, glitchy computer system, or more likely, Ram is changing packages or limiting certain things right now due to the computer chip shortage. I am frustrated that I finely decided what to get, and then I'm snubbed. They are supposed to follow up next week to see what can be done.

GTLimited

Reaction score
- 3/12 - VIN
- 4/16 - D1 status

It's interesting that your window sticker isn't up yet if supposedly all built.

fun2bme

Reaction score
I ordered two days before you (2/24) and I have had a nearly identical experience in terms of timeline and status changes. It's pretty crazy. My window sticker finally popped up today and ram chat gave me an ETA for the first time as well! I bet you'll get your ETA and Window sticker tomorrow.

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 05/07/2021 - 05/21/2021
ETA provided via RamChat yesterday (on 4/29) was 4/27-5/11. ETA from dealer today was TBD. ETA from RamChat today (4/30) is 4/30 - 5/5. Not sure why RamChat is showing ETA of the same day given it hasn't shipped...not sure I believe these dates.

RambleOn

Reaction score

GTLimited

Reaction score

Chrysler's the one I used, but also RamTrucks works too. At a similar time my window sticker showed, my payload showed up via the VIN lookup.

Go to "Look Up My Vehicle" here --> https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing/towing-guide.html

See if your VIN returns any results.

Limited2021

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread