5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, but FCA seems to be doing a better job managing the chip shortage. I was looking at F150's and was told that current build times were between 22 and 26 weeks.
It does look like FCA is shutting down plant for lower end vehicles to keep the more lucrative lines open…. Dodge Durango, jeep Grand Cherokee etc. use those chips for our rams 😁

heliinstructor

Reaction score
This just in from my dealer:

‘The factories have gone on a temporary closure for the month of April due to parts shortages, they should be reopening again first week of May so hopefully I can get an update then. As for now, nothing has changed on any status of any vehicle as nothing is moving. ‘

Sit back and wait again...sigh.

2021 Ram Rebel Diamond Black Crystal Night Edition

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you pay the increase in price or when it was ordered? I noticed that when I used the build a ram website vs when I ordered from the dealer it was 2k more. That didn't include destination fee.

From my order sheet with Mark Dodge:
z80gtZg.png

..basically, the longer it takes, the more I'm going to pay because RAM continues to raise prices on various options.

My plan is to request an updated build sheet when mine arrives and compare how much each option went up by over the 15 weeks.

...for everyone's benefit, here's my March 18th build sheet. Those of you who ordered a loaded limited in the past few days might find my 'quoted' order sheet is lower than yours. I'm sure it'll be an extra grand by the time it comes in late June:
CGOKCEM.png

EDIT: My buyer's order / bill of sale with mark dodge tells a different story. Will they honor the price I signed on the bill of sale?
cjyWCq1.png

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

‘The factories have gone on a temporary closure for the month of April due to parts shortages, they should be reopening again first week of May so hopefully I can get an update then. As for now, nothing has changed on any status of any vehicle as nothing is moving. ‘

I read about those shutdowns, but I thought it only affected the Ram 1500 classic line. Time will tell.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Who is your dealer?
Also, do they realize the last day of April is tomorrow? Lol

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From my order sheet with Mark Dodge:
z80gtZg.png

..basically, the longer it takes, the more I'm going to pay because RAM continues to raise prices on various options.

My plan is to request an updated build sheet when mine arrives and compare how much each option went up by over the 15 weeks.

...for everyone's benefit, here's my March 18th build sheet. Those of you who ordered a loaded limited in the past few days might find my 'quoted' order sheet is lower than yours. I'm sure it'll be an extra grand by the time it comes in late June:
CGOKCEM.png

EDIT: My buyer's order / bill of sale with mark dodge tells a different story. Will they honor the price I signed on the bill of sale?
cjyWCq1.png
I ordered almost the same truck, minus the diesel. It was my understanding from Aaron at Mark Dodge that my price was locked in. He seems to be a straight shooter so I guess we'll see at time of delivery. There is always the chance that I misunderstood and, then, I guess we go with what's in writing. Unfortunately, there seems to be a contradiction there also.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered almost the same truck, minus the diesel. It was my understanding from Aaron at Mark Dodge that my price was locked in. He seems to be a straight shooter so I guess we'll see at time of delivery. There is always the chance that I misunderstood and, then, I guess we go with what's in writing. Unfortunately, there seems to be a contradiction there also.

Great, thanks for the reply. I initially thought it'd go up based on order sheet but then remembering I signed a bill of sale, I started faltering on that hypothesis because wouldn't them modifying the bill of sale be illegal? I've bought a lot of cars but never bought one and then waited. I usually put deposits down on vehicles then pick them up (limited models) but never a custom order so I wasn't sure if it'd go up.

You made me feel a bit better.

TO_406

Reaction score
Ordered 4/9. Dealer let me know today estimated ship date is 5/4. Do I have good expectations if I'm expecting arrival ~2-3 weeks after it ships?

I'm now thinking about selling my current 4th gen instead of trading it in but trying to play the timing game. It's camping season and we don't want to spend too much time w/o a truck :)

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered 4/8 and bother ram chat every day. Be careful though. They told me all parts received and I was hitting the assembly line and two days later I’m back to waiting on parts for scheduling. They can see how many times you check and obviously if you get some wise guy on the other end they can play with your emotions. I should have known that I am not the patient type of guy that should be ordering trucks but there was nothing within 300 miles of me that would have worked. There was a couple of options I had to have and none had them all together. Sickening. So much nicer to toll into a dealership and roll out in new ride

McHouck

Reaction score
Good luck. Told me mine got escalated and that I'd get a email too.... never got the email. I think I got the stroke job. I got my case # on 4/15 and never got an email from them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Landspeed45

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the reply. I initially thought it'd go up based on order sheet but then remembering I signed a bill of sale, I started faltering on that hypothesis because wouldn't them modifying the bill of sale be illegal? I've bought a lot of cars but never bought one and then waited. I usually put deposits down on vehicles then pick them up (limited models) but never a custom order so I wasn't sure if it'd go up.

You made me feel a bit better.
I just looked at my buyers order and the second page has "Terms & Conditions". If you look at paragraph 2 it does say the the Manufacturer has the right to change the price to the Dealer. However it does say that "if such cash delivered price is increased by Dealer, Purchaser may, if dissatisfied therewith, cancel this Order"
I guess we shall see what happens!

McHouck

Reaction score
I did. I got one girl saying it was scheduled to be built the week of 4/26, but my SA told me beforehand it was scheduled for the week of 5/3. Just now another girl told me first week of May. This is maddening

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread