5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

RCJeff

Reaction score
Ordered 12/29/20.
Sat in D for a long while.
Estimated delivery 3/31 - 4/29.
Checked with ram chat today (4/21) and was informed dealer took delivery on Monday 4/19. Total time is one day shy of 16 weeks.
I have heard nothing from my dealer.... Find this unusual. Called and left voicemail with my dealer.

heliinstructor

Reaction score
Lucky you! Shouldn't be long now. I guess it happens that Canadian orders go in a half-decent time frame.
I hope so! My estimated ship date was 2 weeks ago though...Maybe the COVID lockdown will end, my truck arrives, the Provincial Parks open, camping ensues and all will be right with the world...well, almost.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 12/29/20.
Checked with ram chat today (4/21) and was informed dealer took delivery on Monday 4/19. Total time is one day shy of 16 weeks.
I have heard nothing from my dealer.... Find this unusual. Called and left voicemail with my dealer.
That is very unusual. They pay for it, so until you show up, they're eating the costs. Not sure why they didn't call you. (Unless the dealer's wife loves to drive it while running errands! :) )

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How quickly after placing an order is a build sheet available? I have a VIN, but nothing comes up at the Build Sheet link.
I'm 5 weeks in, no build sheet yet... Baseline seems to me 6-10 weeks on average for build, and then 3-10 days after for window sticker... We have found no rhyme or reason for timeframes, other than the more of a unicorn, the longer you wait. This, I may be very old when mine arrives 😅😂🤣

L2R512

Reaction score
Ordered 12/29/20.
I find that unusual too - even if they couldn't set it up that day. Did anyone get back to you yet?

L2R512

Reaction score
How quickly after placing an order is a build sheet available? I have a VIN, but nothing comes up at the Build Sheet link.
My build sheet popped up 60 days after I got the VIN. The rest of my timeline is in my signature in case that helps. I feel like my progress has been about average so far - I've seen faster and much slower builds happening on here.

morttt

Reaction score
My build sheet popped up 60 days after I got the VIN. The rest of my timeline is in my signature in case that helps. I feel like my progress has been about average so far - I've seen faster and much slower builds happening on here.
Hi all, new to the forum, waiting on my build also.

How do you know it went to paint on 4/14 and inspection on 4/15 if you didn't get a build sheet until 4/16 (60 days later).

I ordered 2/22, got the vin a couple days later, but its been sitting in "Ready to build", and now recently "parts received, should build shortly" according to dealer and RamChat. Any way I can get any more color on this now, or even when it does start to be built?

Apologies if this is included in the thread, but its up to 353 pages and...well, work to do. :)

L2R512

Reaction score

How do you know it went to paint on 4/14 and inspection on 4/15 if you didn't get a build sheet until 4/16 (60 days later).

I ordered 2/22, got the vin a couple days later, but its been sitting in "Ready to build", and now recently "parts received, should build shortly" according to dealer and RamChat. Any way I can get any more color on this now, or even when it does start to be built?

Apologies if this is included in the thread, but its up to 353 pages and...well, work to do. :)

I got the updates from both RamChat and my salesman, Carl. After I got the POC/VIN, I checked in with RamChat about 1x per week. Then, once it moved from D gathering parts to D1 all parts received and being scheduled, I got an email from Carl. After that I checked in daily - mostly so that I could get a timeline about the build process. I wanted to see exactly how long it spent in D1 before the build started, and then in the other stages, too. I thought adding that info in my signature might give everyone another reference point for how long these builds take. No two are the same though.

When did you get the “parts received” info?

space4092

Reaction score

Your dealer has the status codes, the ram chat ppl don't seem to give them out anymore or do not have access anymore.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Ordered in Toronto 02/03/2021
VIN 03/10/2021
D1 Status and build sheet 03/10/2021
I Status 04/07/2021 (no further change)
Seems not bad, except for I status = Built not Ok'd, or in other words they damaged something in process and need to fix it.

I'm in Calgary, ordered 3/10, D status 3/25, no change since. Dealer said they will advise when VIN is populated or D1, but check back end of April regardless. Anticipating I won't see my truck until June/July. Meanwhile my 4th gen just started leaking around the water pump (porous aluminum vs. gasket) meaning I just lost $2k in value waiting.😭

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the updates from both RamChat and my salesman, Carl. After I got the POC/VIN, I checked in with RamChat about 1x per week. Then, once it moved from D gathering parts to D1 all parts received and being scheduled, I got an email from Carl. After that I checked in daily - mostly so that I could get a timeline about the build process. I wanted to see exactly how long it spent in D1 before the build started, and then in the other stages, too. I thought adding that info in my signature might give everyone another reference point for how long these builds take. No two are the same though.

So what you're saying is I'm gonna have a long wait? (I ordered mine 1 week ago)... :p

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This entire thread.

sad-lonely-man-narcos-waiting-meme-901690d99bd70d5ded584463ce49c216.jpg

morttt

Reaction score

Thanks, this info helps a lot, and yes, adding to your signature is great, thank you.

I haven't been checking in daily because i just came over here and discovered ramchat today, where they said my status had "changed recently" from the "ready to build" (assume that was "D") I got from the dealer April 12 to "parts received (assume "D1") i got from RamChat today.

When you say you checked in daily after D1 - was that with Carl or RamChat? Space4092 seems to say must be with the dealer cause RamChat won't give you the specific details?

And sounds like it was 20 days from D1 to window sticker for you? good luck finishing it out soon!

Users who are viewing this thread