5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's interesting that there does not seem to be a solid correlation about information and the truck being ready.

Some folks are not getting build sheets but ARE being told it's being shipped. Some are not.

Better communications would help manage expectations. Well, not just expectations, but schedules for those of us doing fly and drives.

My dealer (mark Dodge) told me that sometimes trucks just show up and that he recommended I keep track of the truck's ETA because he's getting like 60 trucks a week and sometimes a truck may sit there for a week or two before he's able to process it but if I call him once it's on the train/truck to him, he can get finance going and start preparing for the PDI to make things efficient for me.

I've just been opening a desktop link every day before work ends which is the link with my VIN number. that's the only thing I'm doing to keep track of it.

Ordered March 17th so until it's May 17th, I'm not really going to do anything else about it except check the link once a day. It's only been 5 weeks for me.

L2R512

Reaction score
My dealer (mark Dodge) told me that sometimes trucks just show up and that he recommended I keep track of the truck's ETA because he's getting like 60 trucks a week and sometimes a truck may sit there for a week or two before he's able to process it but if I call him once it's on the train/truck to him, he can get finance going and start preparing for the PDI to make things efficient for me.

I've just been opening a desktop link every day before work ends which is the link with my VIN number. that's the only thing I'm doing to keep track of it.

Ordered March 17th so until it's May 17th, I'm not really going to do anything else about it except check the link once a day. It's only been 5 weeks for me.

What’s the link you’re using to track it?

L2R512

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes once your truck starts its build until it is out the door to get the accessories put on? My dealer says ETA ship date is 4/28/21 Ram Chat tells me my truck hasn't even started the build process yet and can remain in this stage for up to 30 days. (RamChat: "I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.") That ETA would leave just over a week till it ships out and this just doesn't seem realistic to me I guess.

I’ve seen it vary by a few days, but I do know that the ship date isn’t set in stone either. My original ship date was 4/14 - and it was just in the paint stage that day. I don’t know if it has shipped out yet as of today because the window sticker hasn’t popped up.

McHouck

Reaction score
This explains which plant Ram trucks are built.
6931611cb4c9f35f07aa3da2f046483f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

L2R512

Reaction score

L2R512

Reaction score

I just put the VIN Number the dealer gave me in that last bit and save the link to my desktop. so far, no window sticker. I know window sticker now means we're in the final stages.
Whoa - that must be the magic link! I just threw my vin in your link and the Window Sticker popped up for the first time today!

I had been using a Chrysler one that it still doesn't pop up with.

Thanks again!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotcha - thanks. Yeah - I've been doing the same thing. Thought maybe there was another tracking link I could obsessively refresh throughout the day :ROFLMAO: .
There is also this link for looking up the build sheet, but if your window sticker is showing up then the build sheet was probably already available.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

From what I've read here, build sheet should appear first once the truck is in production, and window sticker when the truck is completed (but possibly pre accessory install?)

Last edited:

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is also this link for looking up the build sheet, but if your window sticker is showing up then the build sheet was probably already available.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

From what I've read here, build sheet should appear first once the truck is in production, and window sticker when the truck is completed (but possibly pre accessory install?)

Very helpful. Saved that link as well

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have build sheet, but no window sticker. It was tentatively scheduled to ship on Saturday, April 17th. That, obviously, did not occur.

I have two weeks before it'll be a pita to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread