5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Big Tup

Reaction score
So check this out for all of you having your vehicle shipped. I have no way of tracking where my truck is with the transport company, but realized the Uconnect has a feature to locate your vehicle any time. I logged in to Uconnect and was able to see my truck is now only 400 miles away. It left Mark Dodge yesterday afternoon and is already to El Paso. Pretty cool for those that want to see where their vehicles are.
Where and how do you log into uconnect?

Every20years

Reaction score
Picked my new toy up today. Love it already. Took the checklist and nits from everyone on this forum as I did the inspection. Since it’s an EcoDiesel and saw someone on here say the DEF was low I made sure to check. Sure enough only had about a quarter of the tank. My saw person had the service manager come fill it and gave me another 2 1/2 gallon container. All the tech is going to take awhile to learn.
Funny part? The truck I ordered went into D1 today, no build date but seeing some of the other comments seems the build dates are at least 2 weeks out and just happy to have found the build I wanted.

Attachments

• E58CCB6D-C8E6-4A9F-BD6B-08902420FB70.jpeg
    E58CCB6D-C8E6-4A9F-BD6B-08902420FB70.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 9F4A9E8B-2E44-4504-8627-40470E676EF2.jpeg
    9F4A9E8B-2E44-4504-8627-40470E676EF2.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 41

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
Got the call today, my truck arrived at the dealership, 6 weeks and 6 days after I placed the order. Just got home from picking it up. Opened up the panoramic sunroof and enjoyed the drive. There will be mods of course. Here's a quick pic just to prove it's real. 20210419_211231.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

nwpahunter

Reaction score
Got the call today, my truck arrived at the dealership, 6 weeks and 6 days after I placed the order. Just got home from picking it up. Opened up the panoramic sunroof and enjoyed the drive. There will be mods of course. Here's a quick pic just to prove it's real. View attachment 90468

Got the call today, my truck arrived at the dealership, 6 weeks and 6 days after I placed the order. Just got home from picking it up. Opened up the panoramic sunroof and enjoyed the drive. There will be mods of course. Here's a quick pic just to prove it's real. View attachment 90468

I think the hang up must be on really high end builds, I just did a similar build to yours but level one and it was 4 weeks.

nwpahunter

Reaction score
Could be. Just got another update on mine, should be shipping by April 30. Let's hope the shipping dates are good.

No built sheet available yet, but can't be long now.
I meant to quote the post above yours, my apology. My guess is that lately the builds they actually have the parts for go quick because there’s so many builds they are held up on waiting on parts.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's interesting that there does not seem to be a solid correlation about information and the truck being ready.

Some folks are not getting build sheets but ARE being told it's being shipped. Some are not.

Better communications would help manage expectations. Well, not just expectations, but schedules for those of us doing fly and drives.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's interesting that there does not seem to be a solid correlation about information and the truck being ready.

Some folks are not getting build sheets but ARE being told it's being shipped. Some are not.

Better communications would help manage expectations. Well, not just expectations, but schedules for those of us doing fly and drives.

Then rely on the information from your dealer and not RamChat. Once the vehicle is shipped Ramchat doesn't really have much more information other than it being delivered. Your dealer can see the ETA on when it should arrive but with the way transport is going it can be quick or take some time. My vehicle said a certain ETA and then in the middle of it got delayed so a new ETA was given. Wasn't really happy about that but nothing they can do about it.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then rely on the information from your dealer and not RamChat. Once the vehicle is shipped Ramchat doesn't really have much more information other than it being delivered. Your dealer can see the ETA on when it should arrive but with the way transport is going it can be quick or take some time. My vehicle said a certain ETA and then in the middle of it got delayed so a new ETA was given. Wasn't really happy about that but nothing they can do about it.
Yeah, I've not relied on anything RamChat has said. Merely looking at the build status link (input your vin) and an email or two from my dealer.

L2R512

Reaction score
Picked my new toy up today. Love it already. Took the checklist and nits from everyone on this forum as I did the inspection. Since it’s an EcoDiesel and saw someone on here say the DEF was low I made sure to check. Sure enough only had about a quarter of the tank. My saw person had the service manager come fill it and gave me another 2 1/2 gallon container. All the tech is going to take awhile to learn.
Funny part? The truck I ordered went into D1 today, no build date but seeing some of the other comments seems the build dates are at least 2 weeks out and just happy to have found the build I wanted.

Truck looks great!

Did you find the checklist on this thread or is it somewhere else? That would definitely be helpful.

Limited2021

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes once your truck starts its build until it is out the door to get the accessories put on? My dealer says ETA ship date is 4/28/21 Ram Chat tells me my truck hasn't even started the build process yet and can remain in this stage for up to 30 days. (RamChat: "I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.") That ETA would leave just over a week till it ships out and this just doesn't seem realistic to me I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread