5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Sin_loki

Reaction score
Week 18 update: Dealer call today to announce me that if I remove the blind spoth monitoring and the Advanced Safety Group, my truck will go in the fast lane to get built. Otherwise, the waiting game continue.....Good Job FCA!
not FCA's fault, there is a global shortage of silicon chips preventing a lot of things from being built.

MacFly

Reaction score
Yup. Here my to do list:

tint
wheel well liners
Side steps
Camper Shell
Leveling kit
Just installed my DECKED system, and paid for my topper but they're not available to install till a few weeks from now. Tint is high on the list, along with a wrap for business advertising and to protect the paint, then front armor and a winch when I have the cash. The Leer topper I just bought is temporary until I can get one custom built out of aluminum so I can bolt tools and gear on the inside and outside.

heliinstructor

Reaction score
Week 18 update: Dealer call today to announce me that if I remove the blind spoth monitoring and the Advanced Safety Group, my truck will go in the fast lane to get built. Otherwise, the waiting game continue.....Good Job FCA!

I was told same thing a few weeks ago but decided to stay the course! It’s worth waiting for what you want!

Mate514

Reaction score
not FCA's fault, there is a global shortage of silicon chips preventing a lot of things from being built.

Did you miss the part where I said week 18? People who ordered their truck months after mine took delivery....How is it not poor organisation and FCA fault?

Mate514

Reaction score
I was told same thing a few weeks ago but decided to stay the course! It’s worth waiting for what you want!

That’s what I told my dealer but if it wasn’t for all the parts I already ordered, I would jump ship like others have.

Will_T

Reaction score
It is hard to know for sure how accurate this is. Our dealer ordered 3 almost identical trucks, (although HD not the trucks on this site), on the same day in January. All processed as customer sold orders and all had the blind spot and safety group. Two were identical in every other way except bed size. One was built a couple of weeks ago. The other two are still sitting at D1 now for 5 weeks.

Sin_loki

Reaction score
Did you miss the part where I said week 18? People who ordered their truck months after mine took delivery....How is it not poor organisation and FCA fault?
that was literally when the shortages started getting reported by main stream media (computer components have been short for longer). with all the crap going on and how every manufacture uses JIT manufacturing practices and there being short supplies. They are building what can make quotas for. your build could be just different enough that need to have a certain threshold of similar units be built along side it to meet whatever logistical requirements that are set in place.

I work in medical manufacturing, we are getting hit with some of these shortages, and are trying to get back on track from one our Dallas, Texas suppliers getting shutdown from their bad weather recently. As such, am sure FCA has zero reasons to drag their feet on things (Ram makes them the most money these days) however they still need to move forward with what they have on hand.

Mate514

Reaction score
Apparently, the factory does not work like that. Somebody said earlier in this thread that you could have a TRX, a Rebel and a BigHorn at the same tine in the assembly line. I continue to think somebody screw up, and nobody is responsible enough to take the blame. In late January I asked my dealer about the shortage and he didn’t know what I was talking about! Either he was lying or FCA did a poor job in informing their dealers.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
I'm torn between Diamondback and Retrax

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have had retractables for years. It's so a 50/50 call. I finally got tired of losing the bed space to where the retractables roll-up. My diamondback just got here. If only I had a truck to put it on. I am sure with the diamondback there are going to be times I miss just throwing the retractable forward to load something tall. Neither is perfect, my retractables always had the latch under the cover in the middle too so I never had to lock it. The diamondback has the handle on the top so I am going to fab up some kind of handle that works from underneath so I do not have to deal with keys in the snow. I think I have about 8 weeks left to get the truck, ordered 2-11. Fingers crossed.

GTLimited

Reaction score
That’s what I told my dealer but if it wasn’t for all the parts I already ordered, I would jump ship like others have.

This is one main reason I will not order any parts until I have the truck sitting in my driveway. I'd rather eat the $1,000 deposit loss and have optionality, than have $3k+ in parts/mods that are not returnable sway that optionality.

On another note, I've been tracking this thread and one thing that's not mentioned much is dealer allocation. I know in the higher-end world, dealer allocation plays a heavier part in ordering cars but perhaps not in such high volume production. I suppose if your order is accepted and you have a VIN, the dealer allocation factor is moot?

DanoUF

Reaction score
So I've had my truck for a little over 2 weeks and I've had 2 issues, one of which has it in the shop right now. When I first got it I heard some rubbing when I turned left. When I had enough light I looked in the passenger side wheel well, and a line was loose, none of the 3 clips that were meant to hold it to the frame were connected. It was an easy fix, but I kind of thought that was the sort of thing the QC and PDI were supposed to catch. The second issue happened yesterday and is very concerning. My wife and I had taken a short road trip w/ the pup. On our way home on the highway I had the adaptive cruise control on. As I pulled out from behind a car, the ACC kicked in and started to accelerate back to the set speed. All of a sudden I got a "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message and my accelerator pedal went dead. Luckily I didn't have anyone close behind me. I pulled over to try and shut the truck down and it would stop the first couple of times I hit the button. After I got it shut down and started up again it ran fine for the rest of the trip. I took it to back to Koons this afternoon, so we'll see what the service department comes back with.

BizWiz

Reaction score
Ordered 1/12
Vin 1/21
Scheduling stage 2/23
Still scheduling stage 3/12
Email that truck entered build stage 3/15 AM
Dealer checked and vehicle was in Trim 3/15 PM

Still no build sheet.

RJS19

Reaction score
Picked up the Rebel Saturday 9 weeks and 3 days order to p/u. No issues found and very happy so far.
1st mods are done...Added a Peragon bed cover and wrapped the 8.4 screen bezel with vinyl to look like the Nav version. I don't need Nav with carplay, but would have spent the extra $800 to get the gloss look if I had realized prior to ordering. Also added the MOPAR shifter cover with a piece of vinyl behind it. Was a bit scary tearing apart a truck that was hours old, but worked out.

. IMG_4940.JPG IMG_4939.JPG IMG_4934.JPG IMG_4941.JPG

laramie4x4

Reaction score
Picked up the Rebel Saturday 9 weeks and 3 days order to p/u. No issues found and very happy so far.
1st mods are done...Added a Peragon bed cover and wrapped the 8.4 screen bezel with vinyl to look like the Nav version. I don't need Nav with carplay, but would have spent the extra $800 to get the gloss look if I had realized prior to ordering. Also added the MOPAR shifter cover with a piece of vinyl behind it. Was a bit scary tearing apart a truck that was hours old, but worked out.

. View attachment 85861 View attachment 85862 View attachment 85864 View attachment 85863
that's awesome! do you have a "before" picture?

RJS19

Reaction score
that's awesome! do you have a "before" picture?
Thanks! I have the bezel before the wrap. was flat black. Did not take an actual before pic, but attached is the stock pic which is basically the before pic. IMG_4931.JPG Bed stock.png
IMG_4941.JPG

DevinB

Reaction score
Update: Dealer called today, said it's in Paint. Hallelujah.

1/30/2021 --Ordered
2/1 -- VIN
3/1 --Didn't hear anything for 30 days so checked in with dealer, it had hit D1 at some point, not sure when, with estimated ship-date of 3/12 on new POC sheet
3/13 --Paint; Dealer called me to update that it's in Paint. Said they should be calling me more frequently now. Also did RAM Chat to see if they lined up. Seems to. Text response on 3/13: "Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."
3/15-- Build Sheet available for 1st time at https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

Users who are viewing this thread