5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

MattZ

Reaction score
Update
Ordered 1/25
D status 1/28
D1 2/26
Trim stage 3/11

I’m really hoping to get it by the end of the month

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
Latest news ... according to Ram Chart, the truck is in the shipping stage. Is there a way to track the shipping?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Latest news ... according to Ram Chart, the truck is in the shipping stage. Is there a way to track the shipping?

Not really. Now it's up to the dealer to get you an ETA when they get the invoice from the factory that it's on it's way.

txadv

Reaction score
Update
Ordered 1/25
D status 1/28
D1 2/26
Trim stage 3/11

I’m really hoping to get it by the end of the month
Hope I'm right behind you, they told me another 8-12 weeks and I'm in the sequence stage.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
That’s surprising that you couldn’t order MFT. My order was placed on Tuesday evening (2/9) and that is one of my options. Mine is a Limited, not a Rebel, so not sure if that matters. Did the dealer elaborate on why you couldn’t order that tailgate?

I watched in the order system and we tried a couple times and as soon as MFT was added it provided the error. I think they are prioritizing higher level trims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCShooter

Reaction score
Picked mine up today, three months and a day since I ordered it with the dealer. Just short of three months since they actually placed the order.
It is missing the passenger door panel cup holder insert and the dealer has ordered a new exhaust. The exhaust tips are definitely different lengths. One is where it should be and the other one is an inch or inch and a half shorter. They ordered a new x pipe.
Definitely wrong and noticeable...

Attachments

• C3AFDBC9-6015-41DE-BB7A-BF728463F1A4.jpeg
    C3AFDBC9-6015-41DE-BB7A-BF728463F1A4.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 44

Chuck19

Reaction score
Picked mine up today, three months and a day since I ordered it with the dealer. Just short of three months since they actually placed the order.
It is missing the passenger door panel cup holder insert and the dealer has ordered a new exhaust. The exhaust tips are definitely different lengths. One is where it should be and the other one is an inch or inch and a half shorter. They ordered a new x pipe.
Thank God these trucks go through quality control checks from the manufacturer and dealer before we take delivery :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
And that is the primary reason I decided to use a local dealer. What would happen if you had your truck shipped and then discovered all these defects?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chuck19

Reaction score
And that is the primary reason I decided to use a local dealer. What would happen if you had your truck shipped and then discovered all these defects?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
If there are issues with your truck you just refuse delivery. Same as if you were at the dealership taking delivery and found some issues. In my business I periodically get large shipments that are incorrect and we refuse to accept them. The driver has to take them back. That's why you need to check it out very thoroughly. That being said if you take delivery and miss something and then a week later you see an issue, the dealer should take care of it. Especially if something is missing or the doors are crooked like one guy on here is dealing with. I wouldn't let that stop me from buying from a dealer that you need it shipped to you if that means saving a few grand.

MagicA4

Reaction score
When did you order? can't blame you those power boosts are slick. how do you like it?
I ordered 12/23 and was told 8 weeks at the most, more like 4 weeks. Got a delivery date of 01/31 from RAM without even being D1. Was told by the dealer March build - March delivery not guaranteed. What finally made me cancel was that RAM chat told me the truck started production 02/24 with a dealer ETA of 03/04 - which was a bloody lie.

I do like the F150 although in some areas the RAM still takes the cake. The powerboost engine is a dream .. strong as hell and 20.5 mpg on my first tank ;)

Chuck19

Reaction score
I ordered 12/23 and was told 8 weeks at the most, more like 4 weeks. Got a delivery date of 01/31 from RAM without even being D1. Was told by the dealer March build - March delivery not guaranteed. What finally made me cancel was that RAM chat told me the truck started production 02/24 with a dealer ETA of 03/04 - which was a bloody lie.

I do like the F150 although in some areas the RAM still takes the cake. The powerboost engine is a dream .. strong as hell and 20.5 mpg on my first tank ;)
Throw up a pic let see what you got! Also where the Ram beats out the Ford, will you elaborate?

MagicA4

Reaction score
Throw up a pic let see what you got! Also where the Ram beats out the Ford, will you elaborate?

Here you go ... my old RAM and my new F150:

20210301_132459.jpg

In the areas:
  • Ride quality
  • Quality
  • Transmission
I think the RAM 1500 has a very slight advantage over the F150. It's not much - but it's there.

When I comes down to interior storage space and rear seat room the RAM blows the F150 out of the water, there's no question.

Technology and safety feature wise ... the F150 takes it. It's not only at least one generation ahead but it also works - unlike the reverse braking feature that I had to turn off on the RAM. The fully digital dash, the Android auto integration, the assist systems are outstanding. What I really like is the fact that you can get projector LEDs on mid-Level trims (I've the Lariat). The Rebel I had on order only came with reflector LEDs.

As far as engines go ... you just have more options with the Ford. V6, V8, turbo, Hybrid ... whatever fits your bill.

Yangster

Reaction score
Just rec'd this update from Ramchat. My build is done and it is in the shipping stage...Contact dealer for more details. Anyone know what the next steps are???

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Just rec'd this update from Ramchat. My build is done and it is in the shipping stage...Contact dealer for more details. Anyone know what the next steps are???
It waits to get loaded on a train, could take days, could take weeks like mine did.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here you go ... my old RAM and my new F150:

View attachment 85446

In the areas:
  • Ride quality
  • Quality
  • Transmission
I think the RAM 1500 has a very slight advantage over the F150. It's not much - but it's there.

When I comes down to interior storage space and rear seat room the RAM blows the F150 out of the water, there's no question.

Technology and safety feature wise ... the F150 takes it. It's not only at least one generation ahead but it also works - unlike the reverse braking feature that I had to turn off on the RAM. The fully digital dash, the Android auto integration, the assist systems are outstanding. What I really like is the fact that you can get projector LEDs on mid-Level trims (I've the Lariat). The Rebel I had on order only came with reflector LEDs.

As far as engines go ... you just have more options with the Ford. V6, V8, turbo, Hybrid ... whatever fits your bill.
F-150 looks nice. It was a close call for me. Ford has sooo many options but not the options I wanted. The only possible option would have been the F-150 Lariat Sport but I wasn't so fond of the brown interior inserts and I wanted a Platinum trim. BUT, too much chrome or brushed aluminum on the Platinum. If they offered a Platinum Black edition or Night edition I might have given them a shot if they'd negotiate on price. I do like the technology on the F-150 and I think the horizontal screen is a better layout. I loved the acceleration of the PowerBoost but I hated the V6 sound and cabin simulation. Pros and Cons for both truck but I hope you enjoy the new ride. Nice looking truck!

Users who are viewing this thread