5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

MagicA4

Reaction score
Lol ... just received a follow up Email from RAM stating that the previous one with the delivery date was sent out in error. No new delivery or even production date provided. Per my dealer there are "small" constraints in my order (like BlindSpot monitoring, Spray-In bedliner and Side Steps) as well as "big" ones (like Tonneau cover and Rebel decals). No info on what the difference is between "small" or "big" or how those constraints impact the timeline. Nothing but "probably a March build" ... very frustrating.

RCJeff

Reaction score
Ram chat just told me this:
"Your truck has been sequenced for production."
What does this mean in layman's speak?

Er97ic

Reaction score
Should be D1:

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

RCJeff

Reaction score
Should be D1:

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.
Thanks!

Triman11427

Reaction score
Picked up today. It's felt like a really long wait. Ordered 11/21/20 Vin 11/27/20 at dealer 1/25/21.

Attachments

• 93B0067C-1659-40ED-8D41-07F824E75E6C.jpeg
    93B0067C-1659-40ED-8D41-07F824E75E6C.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 42904A4C-7E4B-42DA-A7E4-00C6634139B0.jpeg
    42904A4C-7E4B-42DA-A7E4-00C6634139B0.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 55
  • 1A2F5CDE-05EB-4AFC-AE4D-CC1EC2883F32.jpeg
    1A2F5CDE-05EB-4AFC-AE4D-CC1EC2883F32.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 54

Mate514

Reaction score
Got my build sheet. My order date is 17/11/20 and my VON is 47469974. Where do I go to check the status of my truck?

laramie4x4

Reaction score
Here's what the chat told me. What does it mean? D or D1?

I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled in for your Ram 1500 order

NCShooter

Reaction score
How long from D1 status to availability of window sticker?
Just called Ramcare and they indicated D1 status yesterday.
Thanks
Ordered 12/15

Last edited:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else stuck in the Inspection (I) stage? At least 14 days in this phase for me now. I have my equipment list build sheet but not the window sticker.

MacFly

Reaction score
How long from D1 status to availability of window sticker?
Just called Ramcare and they indicated D1 status yesterday.
Thanks
It seems to be somewhat random. Some are getting theirs in a matter of weeks, others months. No real option but to sit back and check the status every now and again, so far as I'm aware. Ordered mine 12/14/20, and it's still waiting on parts. Others have ordered after me and apparently already gotten theirs. You don't get the window sticker until it's built though.

DanoUF

Reaction score
It seems to be somewhat random. Some are getting theirs in a matter of weeks, others months. No real option but to sit back and check the status every now and again, so far as I'm aware. Ordered mine 12/14/20, and it's still waiting on parts. Others have ordered after me and apparently already gotten theirs. You don't get the window sticker until it's built though.
As MacFly says there is no way to directly estimate how long it will take from D1. I ordered on 11/27, and was first informed it was in D1 on 12/5. as of 1/26 I was still in D1. I'm not terribly concerned, as the incentives are kind of crappy right now.

MacFly

Reaction score
1/30/21 update, per RamCares chat:
"I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! i recommend checking back periodically for updates."

Ordered 12/14/20

MattZ

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum and you’re advice has been helpful with what to get on the order I put in.
Limited 6’4” box almost every feature I could get
Ordered 1/25
Vin 1/28
D status 1/28

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum and you’re advice has been helpful with what to get on the order I put in.
Limited 6’4” box almost every feature I could get
Ordered 1/25
Vin 1/28
D status 1/28
Yeah the 6’4” bed is nice, I woulda got it if I could get RamBoxes with it; but with the 5th Gen 1500’s ya can’t. Welcome by the way!

abrink41

Reaction score
Unfortunately I did not take possession yesterday. I used the checklist and found some issues but the major one is the over spray of bed liner that's on the paint under my passenger rambox and tailgate... Have to wait till Monday for service manager they say this is under warranty but I'm not paying anything until I know the resolution first. Also they have hand washed it which scratches the paint do to they probably use brissel brushes I'm sure. Same thing happened with wife's Subaru and you only have to look at the paint jobs in the showroom to see night and day difference.
To sum up
- Over spray of bed liner .
- couple small bubbles on front right fender
- small bubble on lower frame behind drivers side back back door
- deep scratch on frame rear window
- plastic molding surrounding drivers and passenger seats bottom not snapped together
- never ever ever ever ever let them wash your car. As they will scratch it up
Is there a checklist that you guys recommend using when picking up the vehicle? Can you share? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread