5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

MagicA4

Reaction score
Order Placed - Nov 23
VIN / VON / Placed in (D) Status - Nov 24
Parts Acquired and Ready to Build (D1) - Dec 30
Build Date - No Idea Yet, still no Window Sticker
Equipment List (Build Sheet) - Jan 14
Still in Inspection (I) since Jan 14th...

Conflicting Info from Ram Care and Ram Chat, Some say it’s still in inspection, someone else said it’s in build stage...Case Made Today

There are trucks built on 1/18 (after mine) and arrive days later and are already sold at my dealer, yet mine built before is still in inspection. Others are in paint and ship 2 days later. Waiting for Mopar Accessories?? I have no idea. Dealer told me estimated ship date is 1/19 with a total time from order placed to arrive at dealer being 4-6 weeks. At week 9 now. Waiting game is one thing but being left in the dark and getting conflicting info is frustrating for sure, hopefully get it this week. Was told inspection can take up to 14 days, at day 11 now.
Must be a Cleveland thing ... they probably hate us .... mine is still in D but the email from RAM says delivery next week. No info on anything. You're completely at their mercy. Porsche sends you pictures of your car on the production line .... :(

Mate514

Reaction score
I ordered my truck nov 16 and I still not get my VIN. I ask the dealer and he said that it was normal....Where can I check to be sure he’s not ********ting me? I’m from Canada.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my truck nov 16 and I still not get my VIN. I ask the dealer and he said that it was normal....Where can I check to be sure he’s not ********ting me? I’m from Canada.
If you have a VON you should be go onto Ram care and ask them.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my VIN a day or two after i placed the order... ask for the build sheet. it shows the VON and VIN at the top. i think it's called a build sheet, or a POC priced order confirmation.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Order Placed - Nov 23
VIN / VON / Placed in (D) Status - Nov 24
Parts Acquired and Ready to Build (D1) - Dec 30
Build Date - No Idea Yet, still no Window Sticker
Equipment List (Build Sheet) - Jan 14
Still in Inspection (I) since Jan 14th...

Conflicting Info from Ram Care and Ram Chat, Some say it’s still in inspection, someone else said it’s in build stage...Case Made Today

There are trucks built on 1/18 (after mine) and arrive days later and are already sold at my dealer, yet mine built before is still in inspection. Others are in paint and ship 2 days later. Waiting for Mopar Accessories?? I have no idea. Dealer told me estimated ship date is 1/19 with a total time from order placed to arrive at dealer being 4-6 weeks. At week 9 now. Waiting game is one thing but being left in the dark and getting conflicting info is frustrating for sure, hopefully get it this week. Was told inspection can take up to 14 days, at day 11 now.
Order 11/23/20
I have received my VON but no VIN and am still in BG status as of today. Ramcares wasn’t much help as I’m in Canada and the Canadian side just told me that the dealer has the most up to date info.

Not really sure how long it’s going to be but hopefully it’s here before the summer.

Gonzo2231

Reaction score
Ordered my truck on 1/11, called the dealer today asking for a VON and VIN. Was told he had neither and didn’t know when he would get them.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Must be a Cleveland thing ... they probably hate us .... mine is still in D but the email from RAM says delivery next week. No info on anything. You're completely at their mercy. Porsche sends you pictures of your car on the production line .... :(
Yeah like what the hell. I go through Ganley Village, 3rd Ram from them, but this is my first custom order. I know after shipping it gets here super fast, needs to complete this stupid “inspection” stage first. That Porsche fact is cool tho.

Er97ic

Reaction score
Ordered my truck on 1/11, called the dealer today asking for a VON and VIN. Was told he had neither and didn’t know when he would get them.
Sounds like you have a crappy dealer. Got both of mine in 24 hrs and was told that is standard. Ordered mine 1-14. D status 1-18. D1 1-23.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Order 11/23/20
I have received my VON but no VIN and am still in BG status as of today. Ramcares wasn’t much help as I’m in Canada and the Canadian side just told me that the dealer has the most up to date info.

Not really sure how long it’s going to be but hopefully it’s here before the summer.
Ordered mine the same day and should be here very soon. Hopefully this week, the fact you’re Canadian and it takes that long is really sad. Be sure to keep in touch with Ram and really push them to get info on when it’s coming in.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Ordered mine the same day and should be here very soon. Hopefully this week, the fact you’re Canadian and it takes that long is really sad. Be sure to keep in touch with Ram and really push them to get info on when it’s coming in.
Yea it’s frustrating. My family ordered 3 vehicles all on the same day and we haven’t got any of them past BG status. Hoping they come in in February. We were told 8 to 12 weeks when we ordered so I’m not too upset yet but if it goes past 12 weeks with no updates I’m going to be pretty pissed.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea it’s frustrating. My family ordered 3 vehicles all on the same day and we haven’t got any of them past BG status. Hoping they come in in February. We were told 8 to 12 weeks when we ordered so I’m not too upset yet but if it goes past 12 weeks with no updates I’m going to be pretty pissed.
Yeah 12 weeks is the avg Max, with most people within 8-10 weeks. I’ve seen people get them in as little as 3 weeks and others waiting 5 + months and still don’t have them. What’s the worst is that there is no centralized system, say a website that buyers can log into and see all the stages step by step and where it shows your truck. That would be really cool. Ram kinda dropped the ball there. Not to mention there’s Ram Chat, Ram Care, Ram Customer Care (which is separate), your dealer (salesman and order manager), and their FCA reps you all have to bother to get any info, albeit conflicting.

MagicA4

Reaction score
Yeah like what the hell. I go through Ganley Village, 3rd Ram from them, but this is my first custom order. I know after shipping it gets here super fast, needs to complete this stupid “inspection” stage first. That Porsche fact is cool tho.
Klaben in Kent for me. Got a call today preparing me for a build date not before March because of constraints. Dealership is great - it's RAM not getting their act together. And when they run out of excuses - they blame it Covid.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Klaben in Kent for me. Got a call today preparing me for a build date not before March because of constraints. Dealership is great - it's RAM not getting their act together. And when they run out of excuses - they blame it Covid.
Yeah my dealer is good for the most part, just I’m friends with my salesman and he’s my age, so like trying to ask for something is kinda a pain lol. And yeah I always hear about Klaben. They got good deals there?

MagicA4

Reaction score
Yeah my dealer is good for the most part, just I’m friends with my salesman and he’s my age, so like trying to ask for something is kinda a pain lol. And yeah I always hear about Klaben. They got good deals there?
Insane. I lease mine and they came in almost $300/month cheaper compared to Ganley in Aurora.

Moose2020

Reaction score
A9A3FDAC-2B96-41DB-BC7A-DEE25B1E0630.jpeg This is what I ordered on 12/7/20. As of 1/14/21 it was sitting as BGL. The parts that are missing the comfort and convenience group(specifically the rear heated seats), advanced safety group, sprayliner(part of bed utility group), technology group, and the blind spot and cross path detection. All those were pretty much my custom adds, I'll talk to them a gain in the next couple of days to see where it's at. I've seen some limited models going for low $70s so I may go that way if my custom will be too long.

The truck in your signature, what do you mean by tint? Is that something you're doing when you get it or is that from factory?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 80735 This is what I ordered on 12/7/20. As of 1/14/21 it was sitting as BGL. The parts that are missing the comfort and convenience group(specifically the rear heated seats), advanced safety group, sprayliner(part of bed utility group), technology group, and the blind spot and cross path detection. All those were pretty much my custom adds, I'll talk to them a gain in the next couple of days to see where it's at. I've seen some limited models going for low $70s so I may go that way if my custom will be too long.

The truck in your signature, what do you mean by tint? Is that something you're doing when you get it or is that from factory?
Oh yeah, you Maple Bois get the 'Sport' trim. It's just a package here for the Big Horns and Laramies.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
View attachment 80735 This is what I ordered on 12/7/20. As of 1/14/21 it was sitting as BGL. The parts that are missing the comfort and convenience group(specifically the rear heated seats), advanced safety group, sprayliner(part of bed utility group), technology group, and the blind spot and cross path detection. All those were pretty much my custom adds, I'll talk to them a gain in the next couple of days to see where it's at. I've seen some limited models going for low $70s so I may go that way if my custom will be too long.

Yea I’m planning on getting it tinted after delivery. Our trucks are very similar, I didn’t add the tech package, safety group or the 3.92 but pretty much everything else is the same.
I have been keeping my eye on different models but I really don’t want air suspension or the 22s which a lot of them come with. Another absolute for me is the crew cab and the 6 4 box. I have a quad cab now and use every inch of that bed when I go to the cottage so I don’t want to lose it.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Oh yeah, you Maple Bois get the 'Sport' trim. It's just a package here for the Big Horns and Laramies.
I honestly don’t even know what the difference is other than the piping on the seats once you add leather but hey there a bit cheaper so I’ll take it

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online