5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

MagicA4

Reaction score
Ordered 12/23. Got VIN 12/24 ... dealer forgot a packet and had to add it 12/24. Per my salesguy that caused a "delay". Stuck in D ever since. Contacted RamCares (with extremely slow response times ~48h) - no movement. My dealer promised to talk to the "regional sales rep" (which he did yesterday and said someone needed to manually confirm the package add) and I also got word from RamCares who escalated my case. Again truck in D - not D1 as of yesterday. Last night I also got the email from RAM telling me that my truck will be delivered the week of 1/31. From D to the lot in a 1 and a half ... that would be a strong effort .....

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Ordered 12/23. Got VIN 12/24 ... dealer forgot a packet and had to add it 12/24. Per my salesguy that caused a "delay". Stuck in D ever since. Contacted RamCares (with extremely slow response times ~48h) - no movement. My dealer promised to talk to the "regional sales rep" (which he did yesterday and said someone needed to manually confirm the package add) and I also got word from RamCares who escalated my case. Again truck in D - not D1 as of yesterday. Last night I also got the email from RAM telling me that my truck will be delivered the week of 1/31. From D to the lot in a 1 and a half ... that would be a strong effort .....
I ordered mine 12/21 and it was still in D status per last check with my dealer. Will check with them today to see if that changed. My email said delivery week of 2/7 so it doesn’t seem you are in bad shape even with the order mix up.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So if you never owned a Ram can you still use the Ram Care to get updates on your truck? I was going to go on there just to check but that seems to be some subscription

Update: Since I have a Mopar account for the Grand Cherokee I was able to ask for an update on their. "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

Last edited:

enigmaaron

Reaction score
I ordered mine 12/21 and it was still in D status per last check with my dealer. Will check with them today to see if that changed. My email said delivery week of 2/7 so it doesn’t seem you are in bad shape even with the order mix up.
Dealer confirmed mine still shows in D status as of this morning.

MagicA4

Reaction score
After contacting both my dealer and RAM customer service, I was told by BOTH that they do not believe in the delivery week stated in the email. My truck is still in D with no movement in sight. That's very unprofessional to say the least....

traveller09

Reaction score
Waiting to hear back from sales guy on my Bighorn.... Sticker showed up on sticker link yesterday... Technically think order was pushed on 12/1 though I ordered on black Friday...
Think I'll be 1000 more at delivery though consumer cash is now 1500 vs 1000 my dealer had a regional rebate of 1500 in November but only national rebates are gauranteed at time of order.... So 4500 vs 5500 before website coupon. So looking at 6k off...I re-upped coupon on 12/21 so good until 2/19 for it's use.
I have been trying to figure how discounts work when order from dealers. I received some mixed messages from my dealer, as I am not ready to push the button yet I have not pushed him to clarify. Are you saying if there were say a $5K national rebate from RAM Corp (non dealer discount) at the time of truck order you can lock that discount in even if the discount is no longer offered at the time of delivery? I had thought/assumed the truck would have to be delivered during the discount period to receive it.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure how discounts work when order from dealers. I received some mixed messages from my dealer, as I am not ready to push the button yet I have not pushed him to clarify. Are you saying if there were say a $5K national rebate from RAM Corp (non dealer discount) at the time of truck order you can lock that discount in even if the discount is no longer offered at the time of delivery? I had thought/assumed the truck would have to be delivered during the discount period to receive it.
it's my understanding that most if not all dealers apply discounts at the time of delivery. I had the $1500 pop up from ram coupon, but since my truck is being delivered past that expiration date, I cannot use it (even says in the fine print). one member on here suggested his dealer will "lock in" current deals even if they are no longer available at time of delivery. It's hard to believe, and a lot of members seem to agree with me. every dealer I have talked to stated that incentives and/or rebates only active at time of delivery will be applied.

maybe you just need to press your dealer to see if they are the 1 in a 1000 who will "lock in" deals.

good luck!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it's my understanding that most if not all dealers apply discounts at the time of delivery. I had the $1500 pop up from ram coupon, but since my truck is being delivered past that expiration date, I cannot use it (even says in the fine print). one member on here suggested his dealer will "lock in" current deals even if they are no longer available at time of delivery. It's hard to believe, and a lot of members seem to agree with me. every dealer I have talked to stated that incentives and/or rebates only active at time of delivery will be applied.

maybe you just need to press your dealer to see if they are the 1 in a 1000 who will "lock in" deals.

good luck!
My Ford dealer said they'd lock in deals ($11k at the time) with a factory order ['21 F-150] when the order is placed and on top of that, if the rebates/incentives got better when the vehicle came in, those would be applied instead. So I know dealers do that, my dealer for Ram doesn't do that per se, but I'm expecting around $11k off anyways, and they gave me sort of the worst case scenario price; even tho there is no solid guarantee.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Ford dealer said they'd lock in deals ($11k at the time) with a factory order ['21 F-150] when the order is placed and on top of that, if the rebates/incentives got better when the vehicle came in, those would be applied instead. So I know dealers do that, my dealer for Ram doesn't do that per se, but I'm expecting around $11k off anyways, and they gave me sort of the worst case scenario price; even tho there is no solid guarantee.
agree, they can work the numbers in a way to get a similar price. my dealer couldn't lock in the "employee pricing 2020 end of year incentive" but they said they can still get the price to equal employee pricing. it's just whether they use an incentive code or rebate etc.... they have tons of wiggle room so anything can be possible. it's all semantics at that point lol.

Edit: not sure if I used that phrase right... just wanted to say "it's all semantics". not entirely sure when to use it. oh well.

jai91

Reaction score
Ordered a 2021 Ram 1500 Longhorn from Craig at Koons and here was my final timeline:
Ordered 10/9/2020
VIN 10/13/2020
D1 11/2/2020
Build sheet 11/16/2020
JS 12/14/2020?
Shipped: 12/17/2020
Arrived at Dealer: 8 Jan 2021 (Ram Chat wrongly told me it arrived 3 Jan).
Picked up: 21 January 2021
I'll post about the pickup experience in the price thread.

MacFly

Reaction score
My dealer said that only the deals that are active when the vehicle arrives on the lot are applicable, and they have no way of knowing what deals will be in advance.

Reaction score
2021 limited with night edition, bed utility and limited level 1 in San Diego

02 Dec: ordered
04 Dec: Vin/Von
12 Jan: equipment list
14 Jan: window sticker

received an email from Ram yesterday that my expected delivery is 15 Feb 21

NJT3

Reaction score
National rebates (only) are locked in at time of order. And dealer will give you the better at time of pickup.

When I ordered on black Friday i had two nationals and 1 regional
1500 nat
2500 nat
1500 regional
500fca fin

Locked in the 4k national but alas same rebate as this month....I do not have the regional anymore though.

I do have the 1500 so I'm looking at $6k in incentives total

mwbrogan

Reaction score
Can you explain the incentives you received? Any luck getting 0% financing? Thanks.
They didn't explain the details...just summarized. I was expecting $2000 from this month's incentives on Laramie and the $1500 from the December pop-up. I was shocked, and didn't question when they came back with $8100. I leased (expect to upgrade in a few years), so no idea on the 0% financing; my credit is far from perfect, so not likely to have happened.

MacFly

Reaction score
Update 01/22/2021
Per the dealership when asked about my order's status: "It has VIN and is in as a sold order. It is in schedule D. But that's all it is giving us"
They then stated that they would ask their "rep" next time they see him.
01/23/2021
Dealer: "I spoke to the rep this morning and he said that it is scheduled to be built week one of February, we should have it hopefully by the end of February or the beginning of March at the latest. He also said that he will submit a claim to get it going".

NJT3

Reaction score
Unfortunately I did not take possession yesterday. I used the checklist and found some issues but the major one is the over spray of bed liner that's on the paint under my passenger rambox and tailgate... Have to wait till Monday for service manager they say this is under warranty but I'm not paying anything until I know the resolution first. Also they have hand washed it which scratches the paint do to they probably use brissel brushes I'm sure. Same thing happened with wife's Subaru and you only have to look at the paint jobs in the showroom to see night and day difference.
To sum up
- Over spray of bed liner .
- couple small bubbles on front right fender
- small bubble on lower frame behind drivers side back back door
- deep scratch on frame rear window
- plastic molding surrounding drivers and passenger seats bottom not snapped together
- never ever ever ever ever let them wash your car. As they will scratch it up

Last edited:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Order Placed - Nov 23
VIN / VON / Placed in (D) Status - Nov 24
Parts Acquired and Ready to Build (D1) - Dec 30
Build Date - No Idea Yet, still no Window Sticker
Equipment List (Build Sheet) - Jan 14
Still in Inspection (I) since Jan 14th...

Conflicting Info from Ram Care and Ram Chat, Some say it’s still in inspection, someone else said it’s in build stage...Case Made Today

There are trucks built on 1/18 (after mine) and arrive days later and are already sold at my dealer, yet mine built before is still in inspection. Others are in paint and ship 2 days later. Waiting for Mopar Accessories?? I have no idea. Dealer told me estimated ship date is 1/19 with a total time from order placed to arrive at dealer being 4-6 weeks. At week 9 now. Waiting game is one thing but being left in the dark and getting conflicting info is frustrating for sure, hopefully get it this week. Was told inspection can take up to 14 days, at day 11 now.

Users who are viewing this thread