5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

DanoUF

Reaction score
I ordered mine on the same day. It's been in D1 for weeks, and originally had a scheduled build date of 12/23, but when I checked w/ RAMchat on Sunday I was told it is still in D1. I've been holding of on getting the $1500 bonus cash from the website, as I don't want it to expire before the truck is available.
Now I'm getting a little perturbed. I just did the Ramchat and suddenly my status has changed to they are awaiting parts. Every other time I've checked it has been all parts are there and they are waiting on the build, and the dealer said it was in D1 status. It seems like this is moving in reverse.

MacFly

Reaction score
Just got a text from the dealer. My truck is on the lot. 36 days from order to delivery. I'm not sure why there is such a difference between order times.
My best guess would be how many things you ordered and how long it takes them to get all the parts. I added quite a few things, so I'm guessing mine will take a while.

fsjosh

Reaction score
I think a lot of it depends on the options selected and the parts availability.

Mine is a rebel with pretty much every option except for leather seats and a sun roof. I was actually expecting delays because of all of the options.

MacFly

Reaction score
Mine is a rebel with pretty much every option except for leather seats and a sun roof. I was actually expecting delays because of all of the options.
Maybe model also has something to do with it? Just guessing 🤷‍♂️

WillsterRams

Reaction score
Still at the factory is the word. I am thinking it will not be ready this year for shipping.
Mine was ordered back in August.
What did you ordered?
I ordered a fully loaded Laramie Diesel, I now have the window sticker, not sure if that means anything.

Triman11427

Reaction score
I knew it was built by pestering FCA. Emailed the dealership a couple of times. When I was told it was in shipping I checked the vin online and it popped up.

Triman11427

Reaction score
Meanwhile the window sticker date is 12/27 and I was told its in Boston on the way to NJ on the 25th! The magic of a time machine ;)

Lrpilot

Reaction score
RAM Chat told on 12/28 that my truck was still awaiting to be built. My dealer told me a few days ago it’s estimated ship date is 1/7. Doesn’t seem to add up. This process of tracking an order seems like a crap shoot.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
RAM Chat is now telling my order is in the "Trim Stage". Any idea where that leaves me time wise for shipping and delivery? Thanks.

Triman11427

Reaction score
RAM Chat is now telling my order is in the "Trim Stage". Any idea where that leaves me time wise for shipping and delivery? Thanks.
My experience is that there is no clear cut way to accurately follow a truck build. You can get some decent information as to where it is in the build process but there are too many variables to determine a time frame for anything. I was told by dealership its on the way to NJ 5 days ago and FCA just told me its still waiting to be shipped and that shipping is done in lots. When there enough vehicles for a particular location it is then loaded up for shipping. According to that, which was literally 5 min ago, my dealer was just blowing smoke and my finished truck is waiting in a lot in MI. FCA had no dealer ETA.
As far as your specific truck, generally speaking once they start the build process it could take a week to finish depending on trim and if outside vendors are part of the process. Determining a shipping ETA at this point is way premature.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly 100 days from day of order, arrived at dealer today, taking delivery today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might be a little late , but I would go over that truck with a Magnifying Glass.
With that long in transit someone was doing some bodywork to repair damage.

I ordered my Laramie on 9/30/20 and it was at the dealer's lot on 11/24/20.
it was a similar build to yours without the Pano Sunroof and Technology Package.

Malodave

Last edited:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 11/23/20, VON/VIN Generated 11/24/20, All Parts Acquired 12/30/20 according to Ram Chat. Hopefully be built soon, was given 4-6 week time frame from Order to Take Delivery Of. It was 6 weeks yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread