5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Ordered 11/23/20, VON/VIN Generated 11/24/20, All Parts Acquired 12/30/20 according to Ram Chat. Hopefully be built soon, was given 4-6 week time frame from Order to Take Delivery Of. It was 6 weeks yesterday.
That’s crazy! I order 12/3 and my VON was received 12/4 and VIN on 12/5. My truck is now in the Trim phase and estimated to be shipped later this week or early next week.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s crazy! I order 12/3 and my VON was received 12/4 and VIN on 12/5. My truck is now in the Trim phase and estimated to be shipped later this week or early next week.
Yeah for the EcoDiesel models, the engine is from Italy instead of Mexico, and the Transmission is from Germany, not the United States. I assume it was waiting on those parts and with COVID, everything is delayed; maybe the RamBox was out of stock or something, I have no idea. No build date yet tho. :(

fsjosh

Reaction score
Yeah for the EcoDiesel models, the engine is from Italy instead of Mexico, and the Transmission is from Germany, not the United States. I assume it was waiting on those parts and with COVID, everything is delayed; maybe the RamBox was out of stock or something, I have no idea. No build date yet tho. :(
Mine with Ramboxes was ordered 11/24 and is already at the dealer, so not that. Probably the ecodiesel stuff like you mentioned.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Update on my order:

Ordered on 12/2
VON on 12/2
VIN on 12/4
Build Sheet on 1/5

I’m still awaiting a window sticker. Vehicle is in Shipping Status with no dealer delivery ETA. Hopefully, it ships soon.

jai91

Reaction score
Has anyone had Ram Chat tell them the vehicle was delivered, but the dealer say they have not received it yet?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After 2 weeks in Quality Control, my truck was finally released to an unassigned shipper. No ETA or method of shipping. Truck is in limbo. Haven't been able to produce a window sticker either. I thought at this stage a window sticker would be available.

So what is your best suggestion for checking on the build codes? No point in me pestering RamCares if they can't tell me.

RAM Chat told on 12/28 that my truck was still awaiting to be built. My dealer told me a few days ago it’s estimated ship date is 1/7. Doesn’t seem to add up. This process of tracking an order seems like a crap shoot.
Hello everyone, please feel free to loop our team into a private message with your VIN. We would be happy to provide vehicle order updates as well as address any questions you may have - thank you!

Kathryn
RamCares

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Hello everyone, please feel free to loop our team into a private message with your VIN. We would be happy to provide vehicle order updates as well as address any questions you may have - thank you!

Kathryn
RamCares
DM sent. Thanks for the offer.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
What is build sheet and window sticker? Those aren't printed/generated/available more or less after VIN assigned?

DanoUF

Reaction score

Kathryn
RamCares
Kathryn, I just DM'ed you. Thanks

mwbrogan

Reaction score
Making some progress:
21 November - order and VON
28 November - VIN
07 December - ordering Parts
12 December - all parts received/ready to build
(Dealer indicated a first or second week of January ship date)
6 January - build sheet available (Initial Build complete, awaiting QA prior to additional equipment installation)

Last edited:

MacFly

Reaction score
Ah, I didn't even think about that...

RamDiesel2021

Reaction score
I might be a little late , but I would go over that truck with a Magnifying Glass.
With that long in transit someone was doing some bodywork to repair damage.

I ordered my Laramie on 9/30/20 and it was at the dealer's lot on 11/24/20.
it was a similar build to yours without the Pano Sunroof and Technology Package.

Malodave
I ordered my truck 10/10 and it still hasn’t made it to the dealership

DanoUF

Reaction score

RamDiesel2021

Reaction score
You can add your Vin after the = sign in the two links below. The first will give you the window sticker and the second will give you the detailed build sheet. They only go live after it has been built.
I ordered my truck 10/09. I’ve had the window sticker for a while now... “departed the factory 12/18” they said and were still waiting on transportation to the dealership ETA keeps changing.... not impressed

Users who are viewing this thread