5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

rtslab

Reaction score
My deposit is 100% refundable so I can just walk away if need be. Hopefully it won't come to that after waiting for the truck but I'm coming off a lease in March so I'd have time to buy something off the lot if necessary.
Your dealer is really nice as 100% refundable deposit means all the risks are on their side.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
I trust them about as far as I can throw them. Also, they STILL haven't actually emailed me the order sheet, dude just sent me a picture he took of it. Already regretting going with these jackholes.
About same here. Not an email, but a picture of the computer screen

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Trying this again, ordered today and got my POC with VON emailed to me while I was on the phone placing the order. Much better start this time.

grnmchn

Reaction score
Ordered 9/21, VIN 9/23, Build Sheet 11/16, Window Sticker 11/23, still waiting for delivery!

It has supposedly been at the railyard, just a few hours away, for almost a month. I am absolutely baffled that FCA is willing to lose the $70k sale by just not delivering it the last mile. Ram chat and the dealer both seem oblivious with no answers as to when it will be delivered. It makes no sense! This is the third Dodge/Ram truck I have ordered and it might be the last. It might not even make the sale, if they don't cough it up soon. Thank you for letting me rant here.

AK103

Reaction score
Ordered 9/21, VIN 9/23, Build Sheet 11/16, Window Sticker 11/23, still waiting for delivery!

It has supposedly been at the railyard, just a few hours away, for almost a month. I am absolutely baffled that FCA is willing to lose the $70k sale by just not delivering it the last mile. Ram chat and the dealer both seem oblivious with no answers as to when it will be delivered. It makes no sense! This is the third Dodge/Ram truck I have ordered and it might be the last. It might not even make the sale, if they don't cough it up soon. Thank you for letting me rant here.

Mine was chilling in Taft Florida for no reason for a week.
Probably get it in a week or so.

fsjosh

Reaction score
Pretty amazing how much this process varies: ordered on 21 November. I got a VIN from the dealer, who also said that the expected ship date is first or second week of January. BUT, RamChat has said for two weeks that it is in "Ready to Build" state, that all parts have been received. Still no build sheet or window sticker from he online tools. I'm sure the holidays don't help, but...

I'm almost in the same exact spot. Ordered on the 24th and it's been ready to build for over 2 weeks.

ram32

Reaction score
Nov 5th I ordered. Nov 9th received the VIN.
Dec 21st Truck arrived at dealership.
Did you pick up?, how was the dealer? how they treat you with the rebates, how long did you take at the dealer. Did the finance department try anything? thanks

Moestavern33

Reaction score
When the dealer tells you the truck is at port... does that mean it’s already been transported by rail and is now sitting, waiting to be loaded onto a truck to be delivered to the dealer? If so, any idea how long this wait usually takes?
Thanks,
Matt

AK103

Reaction score
Did you pick up?, how was the dealer? how they treat you with the rebates, how long did you take at the dealer. Did the finance department try anything? thanks

I have not, I need to fly out there. $25 flight.
I'm doing 0% financing and taking the $1000 or so incentive.

Dealer's been great, he's trying to see if the $1500 cash bonus I have can be applied as well. I didn't ask, he offered to see himself.

So far it's been pretty smooth.
I'm not sure what the finance dept can try, I'm not buying any extended warranty or etc.

ram32

Reaction score
I have not, I need to fly out there. $25 flight.
I'm doing 0% financing and taking the $1000 or so incentive.

Dealer's been great, he's trying to see if the $1500 cash bonus I have can be applied as well. I didn't ask, he offered to see himself.

So far it's been pretty smooth.
I'm not sure what the finance dept can try, I'm not buying any extended warranty or etc.
let me know, how everything turns out

Tidewater Ram

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on Veterans Day & got word this morning it just went into Framing status.

Triman11427

Reaction score
Nov 5th I ordered. Nov 9th received the VIN.
Dec 21st Truck arrived at dealership.
That was very quick. On chat and was told 7-9 weeks is average. I believe thats from order to delivery to dealer. Made my deposit 11/20 order 11/27 (don't ask why it took so long). I got VIN and VON within 2 days. Truck is built and has been waiting for QC fo 1 week. I was told it could take 3-4weeks for this stage, which seems ridiculous. I'm hoping for mid to late January delivery, which is what I was told by dealer. So far dealer has been straight up and is communicating when I reach out. They are one of the largest in the country so I'm hopeful they will be on top of their game.

fsjosh

Reaction score
Just got an update from ram chat. "I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment." I'm assuming that means JB status.

Order date was 11/24.

NJT3

Reaction score
I literally brought my printed build in, and went around and around with them about it. They insisted that it was due to my choice of 3.92 gears that made it impossible to delete the tow package. I even asked them to contact Chrysler directly to ask if their system had an error. They supposedly even tried to build it again from scratch on their end, and I think that's how the mirrors slipped through the cracks because I'm almost positive they were on the original build they typed up. And shame on me for assuming they'd do the right thing for sure. I should've known better. I'm not happy or impressed with Larry H. Miller Boise, that's for sure.
Similar thing was happening to me I brought in the build sheet which btw doesn't build everything out like is it a crew cab.. Seriously?... Any way I wanted to up to the 26 gallon tank but they couldn't seem to do it... They were complaining that why doesn't FCA give the same build materials like the website ect... Finally after 3 times relooking over, manager relooking over and sales guy relooking over...I realized they didn't put the etorque engine in.... And walla 26 gallon tank zero dollars...I also only washed break control which got they didn't realize child at it without package but can...

I'm betting something on their build is a mismatch.

MacFly

Reaction score
Similar thing was happening to me I brought in the build sheet which btw doesn't build everything out like is it a crew cab.. Seriously?... Any way I wanted to up to the 26 gallon tank but they couldn't seem to do it... They were complaining that why doesn't FCA give the same build materials like the website ect... Finally after 3 times relooking over, manager relooking over and sales guy relooking over...I realized they didn't put the etorque engine in.... And walla 26 gallon tank zero dollars...I also only washed break control which got they didn't realize child at it without package but can...

I'm betting something on their build is a mismatch.
It certainly didn't inspire confidence when the salesman was arguing that I needed the tow package for the class IV hitch, I literally had to pull up the build website and show him it was listed in the Lvl 2 Equipment Group. Whatever happened, the lady I talked to at Ramcares said that they weren't lying, so I there's not much I can do at this point. I guess I should just be happy it wasn't a more expensive option to get stuck with.

AK103

Reaction score
let me know, how everything turns out

So as of now, I'm waiting on the paperwork to arrive Saturday via Fedex.
The only gripes I've had with this transaction so far is that they forgot to factor in my initial $1000 deposit on the final numbers paperwork. (Always double, triple check ALL PAPERWORK)

The second gripe is that they initially told me I'd digitally sign all the documents. But instead ended up mailing all the paperwork out. Without sending me a revised final numbers sheet via email to approve. They did mention it's in the document packet they mailed.
I'm in no rush really to pick up the truck, as I'm quite busy with work the next two weeks. That being said, I did want all the paperwork completed as soon as possible so I can start arranging the XPEL PPF install when I pick up the truck.

Also, I asked for 0% financing for a portion of the purchase. (I'm paying majority of it off)
I never heard back from financing if I was approved or denied. I'm assuming it was approved?
I only heard from them when they contacted me trying to sell me an extended warranty. (Which I would of bought if they matched Zeigler, but they did not)

AK103

Reaction score
That was very quick. On chat and was told 7-9 weeks is average. I believe thats from order to delivery to dealer. Made my deposit 11/20 order 11/27 (don't ask why it took so long). I got VIN and VON within 2 days. Truck is built and has been waiting for QC fo 1 week. I was told it could take 3-4weeks for this stage, which seems ridiculous. I'm hoping for mid to late January delivery, which is what I was told by dealer. So far dealer has been straight up and is communicating when I reach out. They are one of the largest in the country so I'm hopeful they will be on top of their game.

I was told the same thing initially.

Users who are viewing this thread