5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
This is my build I ordered Dec 7th. I hope I get it before March, although I'm not too worried as it'll allow me to save up an extra 5k if it get here in March. On the 11th, the status changed to BX. View attachment 77002
What trim is this? I see Sport, but when I was building mine, Sport was only a package, like a sub-trim or something. I couldn't figure out how to get leather below Laramie trim

Triman11427

Reaction score
Yep, that is definitely frustrating. I'm about in same boat myself. Not really sure how much this thing will cost when I get it.
And not really trusting the dealer doesn't make it any better. Hey, I didn't make up the name "stealership" but it commonly called that. What if they where holding it until that promo period was up to bump their comission? Or holding on til they could have a massive amount of "deliveries" in a short time span?
I’m a bit less skeptical but you are right. I never considered the dealer’s motives for holding back a vehicle. My thought was they want to move as many trucks as fast as they can. Plus, they don’t know the next months incentives any quicker than advertised so they’d be taking a risk as well. Not really sure the inner financials of a dealership but I always thought volume is how they make the most money. That and their service department.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Anyone know if the dealer counts a factory order to its sales total of the month it was ordered, or if it counts as a sale only when it’s picked up.

I was thinking that if it counts only when it is picked up, I can negotiate a bit more now that the truck has arrived at the dealership, since it will allow them to apply it to their December numbers, and they are being incentivized heavily by Ram this month.

Thanks!

Kazoo

Reaction score
Anyone know if the dealer counts a factory order to its sales total of the month it was ordered, or if it counts as a sale only when it’s picked up.

I was thinking that if it counts only when it is picked up, I can negotiate a bit more now that the truck has arrived at the dealership, since it will allow them to apply it to their December numbers, and they are being incentivized heavily by Ram this month.

Thanks!

When the truck arrives and when the deal is done... Not at order time...

Triman11427

Reaction score

Thanks!
As Kazoo said, it's when the truck is picked by by buyer. I would think no matter the month, any negotiations at the time of delivery helps the monthly numbers of the dealership. I use to think December is the best time to buy a truck and must have the best incentives. I'm not sure about that anymore. With internet purchasing that can be done almost without a dealer I think the days of hardcore negotiating is a thing of the past. I might be totally off base and I'm certainly open to correction in my thinking.

AK103

Reaction score
It’s frustrating to not be able to lock into the best deal/rebate when ordering vs delivery date. Who knows what will be available when my truck gets delivered? Could be better, could be worse.

You should have done the negotiating before hand.
I got 7% below invoice on my order, PLUS any incentives/rebates at the time of delivery.
But I'm already happy at the price I'm at, the rebates and incentives are just a bonus.

rtslab

Reaction score

Thanks!
When you place the order, you lock the sale price and your final price is to minus whatever rebates/incentives available upon pickup from your sale price. Plus you get whatever financing deals if available or combinable. Most of dealers are not willing to re-negotiate another lower sale price for factory order upon delivery. If you refuse to pick your factory order up, they just take away your deposit and sell it as they generally have low inventory and whatever they have gets sold pretty fast anyway.

Moose2020

Reaction score
What trim is this? I see Sport, but when I was building mine, Sport was only a package, like a sub-trim or something. I couldn't figure out how to get leather below Laramie trim
It's a Canadian specific trim. I wanted leather and my daughter wanted to get the heated seats in the back(spoiled Lil brat lol), that was her only want when we bought our 2020 grande Cherokee earlier this year.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
You should have done the negotiating before hand.
I got 7% below invoice on my order, PLUS any incentives/rebates at the time of delivery.
But I'm already happy at the price I'm at, the rebates and incentives are just a bonus.
How do you negotiate price when the numbers are right there and you are picking out the things you want on the truck? I didnt really see "room" to negotiate when I ordered my truck. Doesn't help that I don't quite know how either

Triman11427

Reaction score
Since mine is a lease I don't have the leverage to negotiate because there are too many variables. I also agree with eTorqueCoasting. If this is a special order how do you negotiate? I gave the dealer my budget and price target which he said was doable. Once we know the incentives at delivery then we can work backwards into the price range. Will I get "rock bottom" pricing? Probably not. Will it fit into my parameters? I hope so.

Triman11427

Reaction score
When you place the order, you lock the sale price and your final price is to minus whatever rebates/incentives available upon pickup from your sale price. Plus you get whatever financing deals if available or combinable. Most of dealers are not willing to re-negotiate another lower sale price for factory order upon delivery. If you refuse to pick your factory order up, they just take away your deposit and sell it as they generally have low inventory and whatever they have gets sold pretty fast anyway.
My deposit is 100% refundable so I can just walk away if need be. Hopefully it won't come to that after waiting for the truck but I'm coming off a lease in March so I'd have time to buy something off the lot if necessary.

MacFly

Reaction score
How do you negotiate price when the numbers are right there and you are picking out the things you want on the truck? I didnt really see "room" to negotiate when I ordered my truck. Doesn't help that I don't quite know how either
I'm in the same boat

kooz21

Reaction score
Put together a build on ramtrucks.com, then send it to as many dealers as you can. In my experience, most will just offer MSRP minus rebates at time of delivery. But some will put in the dealer discount pre-order, and include the rebates available at delivery. Really, the only way to find your best deal is to get the dealerships to compete with each other.

Kevlars

Reaction score
Trailer tow mirrors aren’t included in the trailer tow group?
Nope... need to get them as a separate option even for the Limited. Also something to note if you order the Black Tow Mirrors it applies the "Night Edition". So you have to get the Chrome Tow mirrors.

As to not able to delete or add what you want ... its all in the way you enter it in. you can get just the Brake Controller. If you can build it on line they can build it that way.

MacFly

Reaction score
Nope... need to get them as a separate option even for the Limited. Also something to note if you order the Black Tow Mirrors it applies the "Night Edition". So you have to get the Chrome Tow mirrors.

As to not able to delete or add what you want ... its all in the way you enter it in. you can get just the Brake Controller. If you can build it on line they can build it that way.
I had it built exactly the way I wanted it with the controller and engine block heater, printed it out, and brought it to the dealership. They claimed as soon as they put in 3.92 gears, it added the tow package in their system and they couldn't delete it. I trust them about as far as I can throw them. Also, they STILL haven't actually emailed me the order sheet, dude just sent me a picture he took of it. Already regretting going with these jackholes.

kooz21

Reaction score
I had it built exactly the way I wanted it with the controller and engine block heater, printed it out, and brought it to the dealership. They claimed as soon as they put in 3.92 gears, it added the tow package in their system and they couldn't delete it. I trust them about as far as I can throw them. Also, they STILL haven't actually emailed me the order sheet, dude just sent me a picture he took of it. Already regretting going with these jackholes.
I had to sign my build sheet before they placed the order. I have 3.92 and no tow package. Seems shady.

MacFly

Reaction score
I had to sign my build sheet before they placed the order. I have 3.92 and no tow package. Seems shady.
I agree. Currently on hold with Ramcares as we speak. She did say that sometimes dealers are limited on what they can do in their own systems, but she's looking into it right now

MacFly

Reaction score
Welp, I dunno what combo of components did it, but the lady at Ramcares said that they are in fact stuck with that combo for some reason and they're not lying.

mwbrogan

Reaction score
Pretty amazing how much this process varies: ordered on 21 November. I got a VIN from the dealer, who also said that the expected ship date is first or second week of January. BUT, RamChat has said for two weeks that it is in "Ready to Build" state, that all parts have been received. Still no build sheet or window sticker from he online tools. I'm sure the holidays don't help, but...

Users who are viewing this thread