5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

trithumb

Reaction score
woo hoo, truck comes this coming week or early next week. kinda wana tell them im busy until the first week of December to go pick it up to see if incentives get better. But lets get real. the day it comes in, ill be there signing paper work.

billflu

Reaction score
OK I am new here and I had a question. I just got my VIN on Friday (13th) I would like to change the color that I chose. I wanted to know 1. Is that possible and 2. how can I do it if it is possible.

Thanks!!

NikoSuave

Reaction score
The worst part is when it gets to the railyard lol. You know it’s only a few miles away but days away from driving it lol. I’m going crazy here waiting. Plus I’m flying out of town the week of thanksgiving. I may get a day with the truck (or no time at all if it’s delayed). Oh well I’ve made it this far. Surely I can go a few extra days... maybe 😂
Super rough man.

Mine is in between shifts Im a shift worker on graveyards and I work 12's so I only have time for sleep in-between work and commuting. So I have to wait an extra week to be able to pick it up and not just take it home and have it sit. That's assuming everything is accurate as far as timeline, I put faith in nothing these days that it will be *on time*. Covid sure has ruined that.

NikoSuave

Reaction score
OK I am new here and I had a question. I just got my VIN on Friday (13th) I would like to change the color that I chose. I wanted to know 1. Is that possible and 2. how can I do it if it is possible.

Thanks!!
I'd imagine you'd want to call your dealer asap and talk to who ever you ordered through, I feel like it would be locked in stone but I don't know. Either way call ASAP.

trithumb

Reaction score

Thanks!!
yeah call your dealer, pretty sure its too late once you get the vin though. the dealer might be able to do something though.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score

Thanks!!
I agree with the other posts. The last time I ordered a truck I wanted to switch engines. A day after placing the order it was too late. Paint may seem like a simple modification but these manufactures run their supply chains with precision. With a VIN I suspect you’re in D status meaning they already started ordering everything.

If you went through a high volume dealer and didn’t order something super unique you could probably have them order you another one. They did for me back in 2016.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
Super rough man.

Mine is in between shifts Im a shift worker on graveyards and I work 12's so I only have time for sleep in-between work and commuting. So I have to wait an extra week to be able to pick it up and not just take it home and have it sit. That's assuming everything is accurate as far as timeline, I put faith in nothing these days that it will be *on time*. Covid sure has ruined that.

Well I just heard from the dealer tonight that it’s loaded on a transport and should be ready for pick up tomorrow!

Couldn’t agree more about having faith in some things these days. Expect the unexpected in 2020 and 2021!

Be glad you got your truck built and near delivery. Never know what Michigan has up it’s sleeve for lockdowns

bcpong

Reaction score
Well I just heard from the dealer tonight that it’s loaded on a transport and should be ready for pick up tomorrow!

Couldn’t agree more about having faith in some things these days. Expect the unexpected in 2020 and 2021!

Be glad you got your truck built and near delivery. Never know what Michigan has up it’s sleeve for lockdowns
What ended up being total time from ship to dealer?

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
What ended up being total time from ship to dealer?

I don’t know the exact date it shipped I just know it was the week of 10/26 (guessing Tuesday/Wednesday). With that being said, about 20 days. Shipped to San Jose CA.

NikoSuave

Reaction score

Yeah currently looking like Friday I can get mine, will be bugging for updates all week at this point.

Couldn't agree more on just being stoked to have a truck. My father in law is currently seeing if he's in the next raffle so his dealership can have his 2500 chevy built cus they're so backed up. He ordered it 6 weeks ago, still no vin.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
woo hoo, truck comes this coming week or early next week. kinda wana tell them im busy until the first week of December to go pick it up to see if incentives get better. But lets get real. the day it comes in, ill be there signing paper work.
I am thinking the same thing. My truck is supposedly arriving at the trucking lot today and the dealer said it should be there before the end of the month. I would almost rather wait it out for December to see what the rebates/incentives do. I feel like they can't get any worse than they were for this month!

trithumb

Reaction score
I am thinking the same thing. My truck is supposedly arriving at the trucking lot today and the dealer said it should be there before the end of the month. I would almost rather wait it out for December to see what the rebates/incentives do. I feel like they can't get any worse than they were for this month!
I hear ya. I locked in Octobers incentives (same as novembers) with the option to switch if the new ones were better upon delivery.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right now, all the incentives End 11/30.

I am due to pick my Truck up mid Dec. I wonder what they will have then, as they almost
seem to want to make buyers think there will not be anything past that date.

Malodave

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right now, all the incentives End 11/30.

I am due to pick my Truck up mid Dec. I wonder what they will have then, as they almost
seem to want to make buyers think there will not be anything past that date.

Malodave
You are under the impression that there are no December rebates? Dealers just don't know what they will be until that month. They don't get the rebates early and choose not to tell you.

Total

Reaction score
Ordered: 10/22/20
D: 10/23/20
D1: 10/29/20
Still D1 status when I checked with ram chat on 11/10/20
11/16/20: per ram chat "I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 11/25/2020 - 12/09/2020"

I'm guessing this is KZ status.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Ordered: 10/22/20
D: 10/23/20
D1: 10/29/20
Still D1 status when I checked with ram chat on 11/10/20
11/16/20: per ram chat "I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 11/25/2020 - 12/09/2020"

I'm guessing this is KZ status.

Congratz, what does you're build look like? (sorry if I missed it)

Kpat1984

Reaction score
Just received an email from my dealer and he said the truck is in framing process as of this morning. Didn’t give an ETA anyone have any pass experience from this point On timeframe? My lease is due 12/5 so debating if I should extend a month or not.

Users who are viewing this thread