5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

20Ram1500BH

Reaction score
I ordered mine 2/26, it was marked built and invoiced 3/17, it then sat in toledo OH for almost two months, the dealer received 5/11 and i picked up 5/13

thrillracing

Reaction score
Could you do one to track Rams? Mine is set to be built when plant opens back up next week! I had a build date of the week the plant closed!

I’m in the same boat you are, D1 status the week of closure. I figured I’d text Ram site next week to see if there is movement.

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

RamVader

Reaction score
Same here. Ordered my Limited on March 23 during the shut down. Dealer just sent me this update. It is in D1 - Dateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned. Looks like it is scheduled to ship on May 27. I attached a couple screenshots of the order they sent me. IMG_6496.jpg
IMG_6497.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checkmate251

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat you are, D1 status the week of closure. I figured I’d text Ram site next week to see if there is movement.

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.
Checked at dealer today, still at D1 status, I thought maybe it would change with the plant open for four days now!

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Just checked at dealer my dealer, my truck moved from D1 to G (trim) status today!! Glad its moving along, order on 3/6 and was suppose to be built the week the plant closed. With all of today's technology you would think there would be a way they could up date you as your truck is made. There use to be a site to track your truck but has since gone. You know there are cameras the whole way down the line it would be awesome to link your vin and get pics in various stages on the line with updates!
Well hope it ships fast, by the time i get it in a month it will be a year old as 2021 will be out in august!

thrillracing

Reaction score
Just checked at dealer my dealer, my truck moved from D1 to G (trim) status today!! Glad its moving along, order on 3/6 and was suppose to be built the week the plant closed. With all of today's technology you would think there would be a way they could up date you as your truck is made. There use to be a site to track your truck but has since gone. You know there are cameras the whole way down the line it would be awesome to link your vin and get pics in various stages on the line with updates!
Well hope it ships fast, by the time i get it in a month it will be a year old as 2021 will be out in august!

I really like your idea about pics as it’s being built. Especially, since they scan each one as it goes down the line at every station.

Glad to hear your truck is moving called on mine Monday and no movement. Ordered it almost the exact same time, maybe a day or two after.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
I really like your idea about pics as it’s being built. Especially, since they scan each one as it goes down the line at every station.

Glad to hear your truck is moving called on mine Monday and no movement. Ordered it almost the exact same time, maybe a day or two after.

There was a guy somewhere on here that ordered his truck on 2/28, one week before me and he got his truck a month ago! Lol

Whitenight

Reaction score
Anyone order one right after they reopened? I'm curious as to how far out newly ordered trucks are (as I ordered mine 5/21/20). Couldn't find one at a dealer with all options, and I wasn't willing to bend since I was spending that much dough. Trying to be patient lol

Tcanderson20

Reaction score
I placed an order on a 1500 longhorn on 4/30 and as of today it in JB status. Not sure how mine was bumped ahead so fast, but not gonna complain.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
I have an off the wall question just for anyone on the assembly line at SHAP or in FCA that might know this answer. I ask this question for no reason but my for my own curiosity.

I know that when you order they usually give you a delivery time of an “average” of 6-8 weeks. And that time includes building and shipping and maybe some extra time built in for other things. Just curious if anyone knows how long It takes to actually build a RAM from the time they start stamping the steel panels in the molds to the time it reaches the end of the assembly line as a finished truck? Thanks.

Skater

Reaction score
There was a guy somewhere on here that ordered his truck on 2/28, one week before me and he got his truck a month ago! Lol

I ordered a limited (black appearance package) with the works and all the bells and whistles on 2/19. I called last week and it is still in D stage. I'm not complaining though. Everyone is trying to recover from their world being turned upside down.

rome5982

Reaction score
I am being told by dealer that the manufacturer is not taking any more orders right now because the factory just reopened??? Is he full of crap or what?

Checkmate251

Reaction score
I am being told by dealer that the manufacturer is not taking any more orders right now because the factory just reopened??? Is he full of crap or what?
My dealer said same thing, I keep checking on my build and he said that the plant is going to finish up already placed orders and end the 2020 year run and then start the 2021 production year.
So chances are if you order one it will be a 2021. Mine will be here in June and be a year old already!

rome5982

Reaction score
Thats what mine said, and they wouldnt take my order. Sounds like yours took your order? Did they quote you a price? I guess if it moves to the 2021 year then the price will change...

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Thats what mine said, and they wouldnt take my order. Sounds like yours took your order? Did they quote you a price? I guess if it moves to the 2021 year then the price will change...
Mine was ordered on 3/6 and had a build date of 3/17 and estimated delivery date of 4/28. It was in D1 status the week the plant closed. The plant opened back up 5/18 and mine switched to G status which is trim on 5/28!

Brute4C

Reaction score
I was able to place a build order on 5/22 through koons. Recievedmy VIN number and the status of "gathering parts/scheduling" on the 28th. It is a limited 2020 loaded up with the black appearance group.

rome5982

Reaction score
Yeah they ordered it and "locked my price in" 53999 for loaded laramie crew, longbed
OK, thanks. I guess we will have to see if you get a 2020 or if they wait and build a 2021. I am checking with other dealers, maybe the one I went to doesnt want my business if I am not buying off their lot... Who did you order from? I am in south Florida

Boston

Reaction score
2021 is a headline on Ram's website but not to built yet....

Users who are viewing this thread