5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

HeavyG603

Reaction score
Updates for mine:
Left Mexico by train to Mechanicsville NY arounf 4/7 (anyone know how long this trip takes ?). Stopped in Texas overnight.

Ramaste12

Reaction score
Is Ram still shipping already built trucks?

I ordered a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited, and it was built on or about 2 March. I kept pushing my dealer to get it shipped as soon as it was built, but I feel like they either sat on it or ran into communication issues because of COVID. When the window sticker finally became available in late March, it showed an “S.L.” of 0331, which, as I understand it, is the shipping/lading date that Ram transferred the truck to the shipper.

However, I have not yet received the truck, and I’ve called Ram customer service and could not get a clear answer on delivery. They say it should be shipped soon, is or may be delayed in shipping, or they just had no idea and call back later (I think this was a new person). I’ve looked seemingly everywhere online, but I can’t find a straight answer there, so I was hoping somebody here might have a little inside info or have some recent experience with this.

Thanks in advance!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Ramaste12 It seemsrhey are shipping built trucks. A few guys at the HD site have got theirs and they came from Mexico.

I would definitely expect if the truck was built no issues, the 1500 would be easier to ship.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score

I ordered a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited, and it was built on or about 2 March. I kept pushing my dealer to get it shipped as soon as it was built, but I feel like they either sat on it or ran into communication issues because of COVID. When the window sticker finally became available in late March, it showed an “S.L.” of 0331, which, as I understand it, is the shipping/lading date that Ram transferred the truck to the shipper.

However, I have not yet received the truck, and I’ve called Ram customer service and could not get a clear answer on delivery. They say it should be shipped soon, is or may be delayed in shipping, or they just had no idea and call back later (I think this was a new person). I’ve looked seemingly everywhere online, but I can’t find a straight answer there, so I was hoping somebody here might have a little inside info or have some recent experience with this.

Thanks in advance!
your dealer should be able to tell you if it has been shipped on rail to the rail yard yet. From there it can be a waiting game on a transport truck going in the area of your dealer. Mine was about 7 working days from time it hit rail until dealer got it.

RedLarBlk22

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
Mine has a SL of 0310 and still haven't got it! Was told Monday by the dealer that its in transit and should see it next week, I've heard this before. I'm only 2 hrs away from the detroit shipping yard

Ramaste12

Reaction score
@ScubaSteve @RedLarBlk22 thanks!

I feel like I keep getting the same thing from my dealer, who keeps saying that it will ship in the next X days and will be there about a week after it leaves the factory. I’ve heard that since early to mid-March.

The problem has been I ordered mine through an overseas/online dealer, and the delivery coordinator who is supposed to be feeding me information and updates has been non-responsive since it entered the delivery phase in early March. Literally zero contact. The only updates I have are through the sales guys I was working with, and I don’t think they have the same level of access to delivery schedules as the coordinator does, and they aren’t co-located with the coordinator either. Now that I’m back in the States, I can’t have a face-to-face with the sales reps, but they’ve at least been responsive via email.

I reached out to Ram on Facebook today and got a quick response. Their rep told me that it is in transit but to follow up with the dealer to get more accurate info. Hopefully, I can get in touch with the coordinator soon so that I at least know something.

Thanks again! Hope yours comes soon as well, @RedLarBlk22!

RedLarBlk22

Reaction score
@ScubaSteve @RedLarBlk22 thanks!

I feel like I keep getting the same thing from my dealer, who keeps saying that it will ship in the next X days and will be there about a week after it leaves the factory. I’ve heard that since early to mid-March.

The problem has been I ordered mine through an overseas/online dealer, and the delivery coordinator who is supposed to be feeding me information and updates has been non-responsive since it entered the delivery phase in early March. Literally zero contact. The only updates I have are through the sales guys I was working with, and I don’t think they have the same level of access to delivery schedules as the coordinator does, and they aren’t co-located with the coordinator either. Now that I’m back in the States, I can’t have a face-to-face with the sales reps, but they’ve at least been responsive via email.

I reached out to Ram on Facebook today and got a quick response. Their rep told me that it is in transit but to follow up with the dealer to get more accurate info. Hopefully, I can get in touch with the coordinator soon so that I at least know something.

Thanks again! Hope yours comes soon as well, @RedLarBlk22!
Hope you see it soon, I'm thinking it will be in this week!

HeavyG603

Reaction score
Well mines been waiting in Mechanicsville NY, since Monday 4/20. Just waiting on the final 86 miles to the dealership. I'm about ready to drive the 2 hours myself and get it lol.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another forum I'm on has a very active/up to date order tracking thread on ordered trucks. It has gone on for years.

Might as well get one started for the DT so we can compare dates/times in each status. It would be helpful if we all use the same style format.

Ordered - 4/21
VIN issued - 4/25
What do you have now?

HeavyG603

Reaction score
Truck is still sitting in the shipyard since 4/20. I lost patience and tried escalating a case through Ram Cares to see where this thing was in the trucking queue. That was pretty useless. Got some guy to promise it was going to be delivered today. Well that came and went. Now back to getting the run around.....

HeavyG603

Reaction score
FYI, for anyone who does escalate a case they basically just make up a date in the range (confirmed the escalated rep never really called the trucking company as they said they did). So honestly I wouldn't bother, covid is now the excuse they use for poor customer service universally.

Yakpimp

Reaction score
For those looking for an automated way for accessing your build sheets and window stickers. Although when I initially input my VIN, it lists it as a 2 door Sahara...imagine my surprise! Still does, but docs are spot on.
This is the link...
Cryptostickers
Weird that the site says you're building a Sahara. I guess it's set up to track only Jeep builds. It's reporting that my build is a JL Rubi which I would be okay with. It was my second choice behind the Ram but only because it couldn't tow more than 3,500 lbs :cry:

I actually built and run that site, and can confirm it was made to track JL builds. It does do sticker checks and build sheet checks for other FCA vehicles though. What it doesn't do is categorize and correctly identify them by VIN. It does parse the stickers out though and I saw an uptick in non-jeep orders and was wondering where they came from.

If specific tracking for Rams is needed I could probably add that.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
I actually built and run that site, and can confirm it was made to track JL builds. It does do sticker checks and build sheet checks for other FCA vehicles though. What it doesn't do is categorize and correctly identify them by VIN. It does parse the stickers out though and I saw an uptick in non-jeep orders and was wondering where they came from.

If specific tracking for Rams is needed I could probably add that.
Could you do one to track Rams? Mine is set to be built when plant opens back up next week! I had a build date of the week the plant closed!

RedLarBlk22

Reaction score
Good news my truck was delevered to the dealership yesterday, if everything goes as planned it will be ready for pick up on friday.

Users who are viewing this thread