5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Reaction score
For those that have ordered a 2020 Ram, were you able to negotiate much off of the MSRP considering it's a factory order on a brand new model year vehicle?

I just picked mine up. Less than 4 weeks from walking into the dealer to ordering it to taking it home. About half the time it took for my last Denali to be built and delivered.

I hadn't seen any numbers on price or trade-in until I walked into the finance office. And I didn't do any negotiation in there really. It was what I wanted, and I wanted out of the Denali, and they knew it. They gave me ~4k off a 68K sticker. I gave them the keys and title to the Denali without hesitation, gave them a check for the difference, and drove it home. What they didn't know is that transmission is once again having shift problems that would require yet another rebuild. I feel bad for the person that buys it.

Overall, night and day difference in terms of ride and comfort. The Falken AT tires are a bit loud for my liking, but that's an easy fix.

The rest of you all waiting, I wish you all god speed in getting quickly your trucks!

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
I have. Ordered a 2020 1500 Limited 4x4 with the long bed and all the gadgets about three weeks ago. I have been told the truck is built, and sitting in Illinois waiting for a full load to Texas.

Last three trucks have been factory orders because I am picky on what I want. This is my first Dodge order, a convert from GMC.

FYI, RAM has been its own brand for 10 years. So this is your first RAM order.

Jamo

Reaction score
Just ordered my 2020 Laramie, hoping to have it in early November, got $5,200 of from MSRP of $59,600. I'm was only expecting $2-3,000 so I was presently surprised.

RGJIV

Reaction score
I can relate. Had a Tundra Platinum since 2014, great truck but the 2019 model was almost identical to my 2014. The new Ram is lightyears ahead so decided it was time to give it a try. Ordered on Aug. 28th. I'm hoping to have it early October but that is probably wishful thinking based on the experiences I'm reading on the forums.
What is your current status? We ordered at the same time. Mine is waiting for shipping.

kstod21

Reaction score
Ordered mine on July 25, went to D on July 26, went to KZ (shipment) on August 18 and now has been sitting in the local train yard for 10 days with no Dealer ETA. The Dealer told me when it arrived by train and has attempted to expedite the transport to the Dealership without success. Patience is my only recommendation during the shipping and Dealer arrival timeframe. Once it gets in the hands of the shippers, it seems they are in 100% control until it arrives at the Dealer. I have stopped doing the RAM Chat, because they tell me that the shippers do not have access to the FCA "system" so they, RAM, are not actually up to date on the shipping process and can only tell me it is "in transit". Cheers.
Any news on your truck?

Dan H

Reaction score
My order process began 1-1/2 years ago as I waited for the 2-tone and rambox options to be available together. Two-tone became available in October. When ramboxes were added in Nov., they removed the 2-tone option. Took until July for these two to order together. Was able to order 17Jul19, in 'D1' 9-days later and built 31Jul19. THEN, sat in 'I' status for over 5-weeks. Finally moved to 'J' 9/6, 'KZ' 3-days later. Train carrier in Birmingham, AL, 9/16. Perhaps Jacksonville today for its 'mobile parking lot' ride to Ocala Dealer? Getting Close :)

What has been an order nightmare will, hopefully soon, become a great 2020 with all options wanted except for the 6'-4" bed (which you still can't get w/ramboxes).

Longhorn w/Filigree, Two-Tone Ivory Pearl Coat, RamBoxes, 4x4, 5.7L eTorque, E-Locker, 3.92, 4-Corner Air Suspension, Level 1 Group, Safety Group, Protection Group, Bed Utility Group, 33-Gallon Tank, Uconnect 12-inch, Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Trailer Brake Control.

Attachments

• 2020 RAM RF.jpg
    2020 RAM RF.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 2020 RAM LF.jpg
    2020 RAM LF.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 2020 RAM ~ RR.png
    2020 RAM ~ RR.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2020 RAM ~ RS.png
    2020 RAM ~ RS.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 17
  • WindowSticker.pdf
    95.9 KB · Views: 6

PedalMonk

Reaction score
For those that have ordered a 2020 Ram, were you able to negotiate much off of the MSRP considering it's a factory order on a brand new model year vehicle?

I am wondering the same. I've seen my local dealer discount the Rebel I've been eyeballing at 11.8% and with rebate it comes out to 13.52%. This is for 2020's. That's before any negotiation, so I imagine they would come down to 20% if you worked hard. However, ordering one, I have no idea. I'm thinking of ordering to get exactly what I want, but not sure if it's worth it.

Gizake

Reaction score
wow, that was fast! mines been in D1 since Aug. 29th
Mine got built this morning. Looked over the build sheet and realized it had Trailer Tow Mirrors. Which i didn’t order. contacted the dealership and looks like they can’t do anything about it. Factory can’t even do anything about it. Dealership offered to order another one with a couple more feature and same price. Also said they will try and get it built as if i’m a Chrysler Employee. 4-6 weeks instead of 6-10. Time to wait again.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Mine got built this morning. Looked over the build sheet and realized it had Trailer Tow Mirrors. Which i didn’t order. contacted the dealership and looks like they can’t do anything about it. Factory can’t even do anything about it. Dealership offered to order another one with a couple more feature and same price. Also said they will try and get it built as if i’m a Chrysler Employee. 4-6 weeks instead of 6-10. Time to wait again.
Good thing you caught it that quickly and not after it arrived at the dealer. Trailer Tow Mirrors don't have power folding or the 360 camera view. The standard mirrors are very impressive. Bummer on the wait for another.

Gizake

Reaction score
Good thing you caught it that quickly and not after it arrived at the dealer. Trailer Tow Mirrors don't have power folding or the 360 camera view. The standard mirrors are very impressive. Bummer on the wait for another.
yeah it sucks but my dealership said they will do anything in their power to make it arrive faster. They are trying to get it as if i’m a Chrysler Employee in 4-6 weeks instead of 6-10 weeks!

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
yeah it sucks but my dealership said they will do anything in their power to make it arrive faster. They are trying to get it as if i’m a Chrysler Employee in 4-6 weeks instead of 6-10 weeks!
Let’s hope the Dealer has the necessary clout with FCA. Also hope you live in a more efficient transportation route than I do. Mine was 31 days from KZ until arriving at the Dealer. Cheers

Oliver392

Reaction score
Seems like the FCA live chat isn't picking up this morning. I tries a few times and get the endless "waiting for an agent" message". Could someone please post the link for obtaining the build sheet? I have seen it here on one of the threads but can't find it. Thanks.

Oliver

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems like the FCA live chat isn't picking up this morning. I tries a few times and get the endless "waiting for an agent" message". Could someone please post the link for obtaining the build sheet? I have seen it here on one of the threads but can't find it. Thanks.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Please know that you may view and print your vehicle equipment sheet by entering your VIN at the following link: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing. Hope this helps!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread