5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Jim L

Reaction score
So for you 2020 ram 1500 guys is it safe to assume you pretty much are getting 10% of MSRP?

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
I found out from Live Chat on Friday AM that my truck (Limited) had been built but was still waiting for final QC. My guess is that it is waiting in line at the custom shop for the spray on bed liner. I was able to pull up the equipment build sheet but as of yet no window sticker. Since that is the case, I would say that its status has not changed since Friday. My understanding is that the window sticker is only available once in KZ.

I think that I will wait until Wednesday to call the dealer and have them check the status.
You are correct. Once it goes KZ the Dealer gets invoiced so you should be able to download your window sticker.

firedad

Reaction score
Well,

Been lurking, learned a bunch about the ram and ordered one. It's been built and is now waiting for shipping. I went to the ram chat and they said it's been there 2 days.
It'll show up eventually.

For the previous question about MSRP, i'm sitting right around 9% under msrp before any rebates and incentives are taken off of mine. That's including the destination fee though.

2020 Limited 1500 5'7" bed
Black appearance package
5.7 etorque
Sunroof
Ramboxes
Safety group (only difference between this and the level 1 is the heated/cooled rear seats. Not work almost 1300 to get those)
Skid plates
Some other odds and ends

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Well,

Been lurking, learned a bunch about the ram and ordered one. It's been built and is now waiting for shipping. I went to the ram chat and they said it's been there 2 days.
It'll show up eventually.

For the previous question about MSRP, i'm sitting right around 9% under msrp before any rebates and incentives are taken off of mine. That's including the destination fee though.

2020 Limited 1500 5'7" bed
Black appearance package
5.7 etorque
Sunroof
Ramboxes
Safety group (only difference between this and the level 1 is the heated/cooled rear seats. Not work almost 1300 to get those)
Skid plates
Some other odds and ends

You have got the right attitude, it will get there when it does and there is nothing any of us can do to make it sooner. Your 9% off of MSRP is the same as mine -- 9.1% off of MSRP (including destination charge) plus incentives/rebates of $2,500. You will love it even before you drive it. Congratulations.

firedad

Reaction score
You have got the right attitude, it will get there when it does and there is nothing any of us can do to make it sooner. Your 9% off of MSRP is the same as mine -- 9.1% off of MSRP (including destination charge) plus incentives/rebates of $2,500. You will love it even before you drive it. Congratulations.

I went to a couple local dealers and have test driven one. They apparently don’t understand that it’s all about customer service. I’m spending north of 60k on a truck. Might not want to talk down to me or treat me like crap. I’m in WA over by Seattle. Dealer tried to get me to pay msrp, I laughed at him. Told him what I was being offered in Idaho. He came in 500 higher and told me “if you want to drive to Idaho for 500, go for it”.... Idaho here I come. Not because of the price, but because of the service.

Absolutely love the truck. Went to gmc, Ford, even Toyota. Only thing which came close was the ford. Better power, but the interior was in another class in the ram.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
I went to a couple local dealers and have test driven one. They apparently don’t understand that it’s all about customer service. I’m spending north of 60k on a truck. Might not want to talk down to me or treat me like crap. I’m in WA over by Seattle. Dealer tried to get me to pay msrp, I laughed at him. Told him what I was being offered in Idaho. He came in 500 higher and told me “if you want to drive to Idaho for 500, go for it”.... Idaho here I come. Not because of the price, but because of the service.

Absolutely love the truck. Went to gmc, Ford, even Toyota. Only thing which came close was the ford. Better power, but the interior was in another class in the ram.
Understand your perspective, sometimes it is the principle of the issue. Just make certain you do a thorough pre delivery inspection before you pay the Dealer in ID and leave for home. I plan to have my service performed at a Dealer different from where I purchased my Limited, because of my previous experience with their service department.

HST

Reaction score
Where do i find Ram Chat ? I have looked all over the ram truck site and i cant seem to find it.
Is this the only way to track an order ?

Oliver392

Reaction score
The title of this thread leads you to believe that someone here will actually help you and track your order. On one of the other FCA brand forums a few years ago there was a member that worked at FCA and he would post updates in the thread daily based on von/vin numbers that members had given him. His updates were accurate and very welcomed. It was a very popular thread. It stopped. Either he was told to stop or ??? I can't even find the forum and the old posts anymore and he had tracked 3 vehicles for me.

Live Chat is what I used this time. They will give you information but it is vague and not very current. I was able to get information from the dealer and it was/is more accurate and current. If your dealer wants to look. My current order was off loaded from the train this past Monday 10/14 at 1649 hrs and has been sitting at a distribution lot about 2hrs away waiting to be loaded onto a truck for shipment to the dealer.

Here is a link that will get you to the Live Chat. Scroll down the page and on the left you will see Live Chat.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/dashboard/details.html

Scottyluck

Reaction score
Timeframe question - I placed my order on 10/10. How long into the process before the truck is issued a VIN? I don't plan on asking the dealer for any kind of an update until at least 4 weeks in. Just curious.

Gizake

Reaction score
Timeframe question - I placed my order on 10/10. How long into the process before the truck is issued a VIN? I don't plan on asking the dealer for any kind of an update until at least 4 weeks in. Just curious.
2-3 days

Jim L

Reaction score
Ordered my truck 9 September and picked it up 10 October. That sure was fast and loving it so far. 2020 ram 1500 laramie sport package

HST

Reaction score
Ordered my truck 10/7 had a vin in 3 days been sitting ever since.
Limited diesel .

Oliver392

Reaction score
My truck has been sitting at the regional distribution lot (Twin Oaks ,Pa) for 7 days now awaiting truck transport to the dealer about 2 hours away.

Scottyluck

Reaction score
I sent my dealer an email this morning to ask for the VIN. I then went on ramchat and it seems my truck is in G status which is the trim. Not sure exactly where that is in the process.

firedad

Reaction score
I ordered on 9/19. Got a heads up from the dealer a week or so ago with the vin and telling me it was on the train.
Should be at the distribution area now, or in the next day or so.
Apparently it can take a bit to get from there to the dealer. Then it’s a couple days there before I can pick it up.

Im guessing it’ll be around 11/8 for pickup. That would make it 7 weeks from start to finish. Of course it could be a couple weeks longer, or a week or so sooner.

I also signed up for the tread lightly deal. Saving me a bit and it goes to a good cause.

Gizake

Reaction score
Mine got built this morning. Looked over the build sheet and realized it had Trailer Tow Mirrors. Which i didn’t order. contacted the dealership and looks like they can’t do anything about it. Factory can’t even do anything about it. Dealership offered to order another one with a couple more feature and same price. Also said they will try and get it built as if i’m a Chrysler Employee. 4-6 weeks instead of 6-10. Time to wait again.

my new order

Ordered Sept. 27th
D1: Oct. 11th
Built: Oct. 17th

Still no window sticker... weird.

Oliver392

Reaction score
Gizake,

You should print your build sheet to make sure that the build is right. Window sticker won't be available until the truck ships. Are you getting any options that might have you in que at the Custom Shop? Spray on liner, steps, etc...

Gizake

Reaction score
Gizake,

You should print your build sheet to make sure that the build is right. Window sticker won't be available until the truck ships. Are you getting any options that might have you in que at the Custom Shop? Spray on liner, steps, etc...

Everything on the build sheet is correct on this new order, which is good! Yes, i got spray on liner, steps, and tonneau cover. so i guess it’s just stuck at the body vendor. didn’t expect it to take 5 days though lol. On the order that the factory messed up it only took 3 days from day it got built to window sticker showing up.

Users who are viewing this thread