5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

FLG8R

Reaction score
No change as of noon and online chat still says no change (and now no anticipated build date).

Time for RAM to step up, as this might mean a order cancel from me. My dealership is now balking at keeping my trade value as I'm pushing up against the mileage limited they wanted me to stay under. Its not my fault that on week 12 Ram can't even schedule a truck for production. I'm not willing to lose money on a trade due to this. I have to stop in later this week to have a sit down discussion.
Thats exactly what I did last week. I was going to wait until the end of July but it finally got the best of me after four full months of waiting on my Rebel. Got my $500 deposit back and will now just put this purchase off until they get their ducks lined up. When you're young you can't wait to get older. It would be great if things like this made you younger. Then, I'd be thanking FCA for making me a young pup again!

ponypride

Reaction score
I am new to ordering, and I would like to track my build. So far I have a build sheet. I provided a deposit via a credit card. I assume the next step is to get the build number to begin tracking. Can anyone expand on how I do that and what site to access? Also, when is a VIN issued? Any help is appreciated

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
I am new to ordering, and I would like to track my build. So far I have a build sheet. I provided a deposit via a credit card. I assume the next step is to get the build number to begin tracking. Can anyone expand on how I do that and what site to access? Also, when is a VIN issued? Any help is appreciated
There are better directions on here than I will give if you search them out. The VON should be given when you order. The Vin some get the next day, for me it took 2 weeks. To track it, you will need to buy a level 3 or higher membership at jeepgarage.org ($25)
There is a thread over there that provides you the instructions for new order tracking.
They are really good, and incredible amount of great info on this site. Congrats on your order.

ponypride

Reaction score
There are better directions on here than I will give if you search them out. The VON should be given when you order. The Vin some get the next day, for me it took 2 weeks. To track it, you will need to buy a level 3 or higher membership at jeepgarage.org ($25)
There is a thread over there that provides you the instructions for new order tracking.
They are really good, and incredible amount of great info on this site. Congrats on your order.
I started the negotiation in the showroom and it was finalized over the phone. I have a build sheet I signed off on and an email formalizing the pricing. Now that both my salesman and I are back from vacation should I be getting a formal order sheet that has the VIN and should I also be getting one of those sheets that breaks down the vehicle price, rebates, trade allowance, DMV fees, doc fee, sales tax, etc.? I know at the end of the transaction when monies exchange hands, you sign final copies of the documents, but I would think I would get something that outlines the financial terms.

Lakewake

Reaction score
I started the negotiation in the showroom and it was finalized over the phone. I have a build sheet I signed off on and an email formalizing the pricing. Now that both my salesman and I are back from vacation should I be getting a formal order sheet that has the VIN and should I also be getting one of those sheets that breaks down the vehicle price, rebates, trade allowance, DMV fees, doc fee, sales tax, etc.? I know at the end of the transaction when monies exchange hands, you sign final copies of the documents, but I would think I would get something that outlines the financial terms.
That’s something you should talk out with your salesman, he will not have a vin until Ram provides him with one. He may already have it. You will be eligible for Ram rebates that come available between the time you ordered and your truck comes in.

RichRios

Reaction score
Can someone post a link to jeepgarage.org on how to track a order. Thanks !

Echance01

Reaction score
Thats exactly what I did last week. I was going to wait until the end of July but it finally got the best of me after four full months of waiting on my Rebel. Got my $500 deposit back and will now just put this purchase off until they get their ducks lined up. When you're young you can't wait to get older. It would be great if things like this made you younger. Then, I'd be thanking FCA for making me a young pup again!

Are you guys saying if I placed an order for a Rebel today it could take more then 12 weeks to actually get my hands on it??

Lakewake

Reaction score
I gave up waiting after 13 weeks for my Rambox build and am buying one off the lot (dealer trade)....so yes, depending on what options is selected Echance01, it can be well over 12 weeks.
I might be going the same way. Today I see a dealer 20 miles north of me has a truck almost exactly how I ordered, on the lot.
I do not want to, but mine was built on 7/8, but has not moved from I status since. My Rep has no idea when its coming. Ram notified dealership on 7/10, expect delivery by the end of the month (July). Well that is not going to happen. More likely sometime in September.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you guys saying if I placed an order for a Rebel today it could take more then 12 weeks to actually get my hands on it??

Yep just ordered mine July 26 not expecting it til end November early December. Might be a Christmas present:D

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ordered May 4th... aready built... it's been sitting in a parking lot waiting for a train. They might build it quick, depending on your options, but it'll be parked waiting for transport with the rest of us.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a truck with RAM Boxes on the lot even?
I am on Day 84 (12 weeks) and I have not even been scheduled to be built yet. If I keep waiting I am at least 20 weeks to get it at this point my guess

Numms08

Reaction score
I am on Day 84 (12 weeks) and I have not even been scheduled to be built yet. If I keep waiting I am at least 20 weeks to get it at this point my guess
I’m at 9 weeks and counting and no scheduled build date in sight!

Lakewake

Reaction score
My Brother in law has been shopping Lincoln Navigator for 3 weeks, decided to do a build. When he got to happy price, Sales Rep then informed him 12 to 16 weeks. He sited some part delays, but largely shipping. Lol, then he threw Ram and Chevy under the bus for flooding the market with 18’s while rolling out 19’s.

At least this is not a Ram exclusive issue, shipping that is.

Echance01

Reaction score
Ordered May 4th... aready built... it's been sitting in a parking lot waiting for a train. They might build it quick, depending on your options, but it'll be parked waiting for transport with the rest of us.

Wow! Thanks for updates everyone. Now I’m rethinking ordering. I’m all about instant gratification! Lol.

If they build them and are just letting them sit in a lot, I wouldn’t mind FCA flying me out to said lot so I can road trip mine home.

Users who are viewing this thread