5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck showed KZP as of Monday. I'm actually in no hurry for it to show up. I'd be fine if it didn't make it to the dealership for 6 weeks. I have to be out of state until September and I I really don't want to head back to Florida just to get the truck.

Last edited:

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
You sit and wait. Watch the grass grow, paint dry, grey hair popping up on your head from the anxiety, etc.. At least your build is complete.
LOL, you nailed it Boatjockey. Yes, thankful I made it to built.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my truck is working on day 3 of the body vendor. It has rambox, spray in line and power running boards. Would this be a normal timeframe?
Yeah I would think so I have seen ppl in this status for 3 days

FreeNC

Reaction score
So my truck is working on day 3 of the body vendor. It has rambox, spray in line and power running boards. Would this be a normal timeframe?
My truck was in JB status over a week for just a bedliner. I am not sure if the power steps are installed at that stage or before so no more than the two items for me. It is frustrating but there are a lot of trucks being built and not knowing how they prioritize it is tough to say how long your truck will be there.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Right there with you @Kramersp. I've been at the vendor since 9:30 PM Monday

cjgerson (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/02/2018
Current Status: JB
D1 status date: 06/16/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 07/09/18 06:20:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/09/18 12:16:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/09/18 09:29:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND

Kramersp

Reaction score

Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/09/18 09:29:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND
Lol. Same same.

Mercury250 (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: N/A
D1 status date: 05/18/2018
Built pending inspection: 07/06/2018 Hour 21
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/12/18 09:39:00 AM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer just called and told me that they heard on a conference call this morning that Ram had a shortage on RamBox parts from the supplier. It's now been resolved so they expect them to begin coming out of the factory in volume shortly.
No way to validate this, just passing along what I've been told.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
This is just a heads up. It may be nothing or it may be very important.
I just tried to build my truck again on the Ram site and several disturbing changes were made since I ordered my truck.
1 - Level 1 equipment group now requires the trailer towing package (with the ugly manual towing mirrors) for a total of almost $2900. If you go to delete the trailer towing package (remember, no surround camera and no power folding mirror) then the Level 1 package cannot process.
2 - Bed utility package picture shows the divider but is no longer listed. Now they want $400 for just the LED lights and hooks which to me is outrageously overpriced.
If this keeps on changing, I may just cancel this whole deal. I want my vehicle as I designed it.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Automotive assembly plants don't have "all parts on hand" for vehicles scheduled more than a day or 2 in the future. They have the parts scheduled to arrive based on commitments from their suppliers. The supply chain is JIT (just in time) and parts arrive within hours of being consumed on the line. This chain is often 3 layers deep with suppliers also being supplied upstream for their sub assemblies. There is no way they can gaurantee that they won't have shortages or receive a bad batch of parts that get rejected somewhere in the chain. On a startup plant, control algorithms in the assembly machinery are being tweaked also. Line speeds and throughput aren't consistant due to stoppages from sequencing errors and human interaction.

That being said...I'm still just as impatient as everyone else. Just thought I'd point out some of the challenges faced by the manufacturer.

Last edited:

cjbrown24

Reaction score

Shouldn't be long! Mine rolled right through.

cjbrown24 (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Ivory)
Date ordered: 06/07/2018
Current Status: KZ
Built pending inspection: 07/06/18 03:03:00 PM Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/07/18 05:28:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT Delivered to Storage/Transfer Yard 07/07/18 08:55:00 AM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/07/18 09:18:00 AM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND Production Status KZ Received 07/07/18 03:50:00 PM Gate Out 07/08/18 07:14:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/08/18 07:37:00 PM DETROIT MOUND ROAD YARD OFFSITE Gate Out 07/12/18 05:02:00 AM DETROIT MOUND ROAD YARD OFFSITE

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I played around with the Build and Price and it looks like the Level 1 Equipt Group options are now listed under standard equipment. Looks like a Limited with Level 1 Equipt can still be built with the same features but without the Level 1 Equipt option. If my MSRP goes down, I expect my negotiated price to reflect that.

Very confusing. Someone double check me please.

Foxman

Reaction score
I ordered my truck in early May as soon as the Ramboxes were available. I checked every box except for the block heater!!!! I've been very excited to get my hands on this truck ever since I first saw it during its debut.

Just to put a few things in perspective for you guys that are agonizing over not getting your truck, Believe me...I understand!!!

Please keep in mind that sometimes wanting something for a while, creates some additional excitement when you finally get it, IF you don't let the wait ruin your appetite!!!

Am I a little impatient?? Yes!! I want my truck!!

.Am I pissed that RAM is taking so long? Not really...its a new truck and a new plant, I want them to get it right.

Am I gonna let the extra wait screw up my experience of getting the absolutely nicest truck on planet earth(once it arrives)?? HELLL NOOO!!! I'm gonna be smilin' like a 5 year old with a giant ice cream cone!!!

Some of you boys need to step back, pop a top, and think for a minute... You are one blessed guy to be able to purchase one of these trucks!!! Be thankful and enjoy the journey!!!

Still in D1 status...damn!!

Last edited:

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Shouldn't be long! Mine rolled right through.

cjbrown24 (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Ivory)
Date ordered: 06/07/2018
Current Status: KZ
Built pending inspection: 07/06/18 03:03:00 PM Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/07/18 05:28:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT Delivered to Storage/Transfer Yard 07/07/18 08:55:00 AM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/07/18 09:18:00 AM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND Production Status KZ Received 07/07/18 03:50:00 PM Gate Out 07/08/18 07:14:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/08/18 07:37:00 PM DETROIT MOUND ROAD YARD OFFSITE Gate Out 07/12/18 05:02:00 AM DETROIT MOUND ROAD YARD OFFSITE
Yes that's what I thought, my truck brem there for 2 weeks now and it's not even going by train. My truck is being shipped by truck about 200 miles south.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
I played around with the Build and Price and it looks like the Level 1 Equipt Group options are now listed under standard equipment. Looks like a Limited with Level 1 Equipt can still be built with the same features but without the Level 1 Equipt option. If my MSRP goes down, I expect my negotiated price to reflect that.

Very confusing. Someone double check me please.
Not the way i read it, HK system is still under Level 1 only.
Like you said, confusing. The key would be what the dealership can order, because website still lets you order Limited w/ non e-torque, dealerships cannot.

Duane

Reaction score
I ordered my truck in early May as soon as the Ramboxes were available. I checked every box except for the block heater!!!! I've been very excited to get my hands on this truck ever since I first saw it during its debut.

Just to put a few things in perspective for you guys that are agonizing over not getting your truck, Believe me...I understand!!!

Please keep in mind that sometimes wanting something for a while, creates some additional excitement when you finally get it, IF you don't let the wait ruin your appetite!!!

.Am I pissed that RAM is taking so long? Not really...its a new truck and a new plant, I want them to get it right.

Am I gonna let the extra wait screw up my experience of getting the absolutely nicest truck on planet earth(once it arrives)?? HELLL NOOO!!! I'm gonna be smilin' like a 5 year old with a giant ice cream cone!!!

Some of you boys need to step back, pop a top, and think for a minute... You are one blessed guy to be able to purchase one of these trucks!!! Be thankful and enjoy the journey!!!

Hear, Hear, Foxman!!

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Standard Features on the Limited under the summary tab shows:
  • 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180712-155203_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180712-155203_Chrome.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 22

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Standard Features on the Limited under the summary tab shows:
  • 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound

Geh! My original order was a Limited that the website said came standard with ACC....crazy they're saying it comes standard with HK now because my bank account says otherwise lol. Additionally I just played around with the build website and saw that the Kentucky Derby package is a net cost change of zero dollars if you also selected painted bumpers. I know they are charging for painted bumpers now and the Kentucky Derby editions only come with painted bumpers but....it makes me feel a LITTLE better about having them remove the stickers before I took the keys and not totally losing that $195 (even tho this is most likely, definitely a website error haha)

FLG8R

Reaction score

For those of you who thought RamCares was no longer monitoring this forum. They're still here. Just operating incognito.

Users who are viewing this thread