5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a clue on how to find a CEO's or VP's personal email address or their phone number
Use google start looking up names. Emailing your dealerships CEO, VP, managers etc. start stirring the pot and getting others involved. Email people at the factory. Use google and start to research employees etc

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Why or how does Ram tell me on 2 different occasions, the first time being June 1st and the 2nd time being today that I am in D1 status but after 2 updates from MOTS the factory has nothing scheduled? I feel like I am stuck in no man's land where one hand isn't talking to the other hand. My dealer shows the same thing. The factory doesn't recognize it though. It is SO frustrating.............Nobody above the basic Ram customer service agent will call me back and explain anything either.

Hate to beat a dead horse here but after 64 days I would at least like to get my truck SCHEDULED to be built
After almost 60 days, I called FCA/Ram last Thursday. Lady took my info, stated that in her opinion the wait was unacceptably long (I know they say this to everyone) and she would push it up the food chain and at least try to get me a build date (last one was in June so that obviously was not true). She said to expect a call from a manager in 1 to 2 business days.
It is now 6 days later and guess what, NO CALL. How pathetic that FCA/Ram would treat customers this way. I figured they would not call but at least I wanted to give them a fair chance to prove me wrong. My dealer is not doing any better with FCA in trying to get some answers.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After almost 60 days, I called FCA/Ram last Thursday. Lady took my info, stated that in her opinion the wait was unacceptably long (I know they say this to everyone) and she would push it up the food chain and at least try to get me a build date (last one was in June so that obviously was not true). She said to expect a call from a manager in 1 to 2 business days.
It is now 6 days later and guess what, NO CALL. How pathetic that FCA/Ram would treat customers this way. I figured they would not call but at least I wanted to give them a fair chance to prove me wrong. My dealer is not doing any better with FCA in trying to get some answers.
We all been through this it’s useless

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel your pain @Boatjockey

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

At least you've made it to D1....not that it means anything at this point.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Just went on Ram Chat. The woman could not give me a build date. She said "our system shows we have all the parts ready". I told her that I was aware of the D1 status since June 16 and again asked whether a build date was scheduled. She said "not that I am aware of" and asked what kind of truck I ordered. She could not find my VIN in the system and said she would escalate it to the VEHICLE TRACKING TEAM. They will supposedly email me. Yeah, right, I will not hold my breath.
This is a joke. I am so disgusted with FCA/Ram customer service and communication.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just went on Ram Chat. The woman could not give me a build date. She said "our system shows we have all the parts ready". I told her that I was aware of the D1 status since June 16 and again asked whether a build date was scheduled. She said "not that I am aware of" and asked what kind of truck I ordered. She could not find my VIN in the system and said she would escalate it to the VEHICLE TRACKING TEAM. They will supposedly email me. Yeah, right, I will not hold my breath.
This is a joke. I am so disgusted with FCA/Ram customer service and communication.

Vehicle tracking team is 3 blind mice with a magic 8 ball......

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Is it sad that the highlight of my day is updating my signature line here to indicate that I'm still in DDDDDDDDDDDDD status as of today?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but I ran a Lincoln/Mercury dealership years ago. Those of you that seem to be in "order limbo" need to contact your dealership general manager and point blank ask if they actually have Ram pickup allocation. If your dealer hasn't earned sufficient truck allocation, your order will not get pulled by the plant. Same things happen with guys ordering Corvettes. Just a thought.......

Duane

Reaction score
Is it sad that the highlight of my day is updating my signature line here to indicate that I'm still in DDDDDDDDDDDDD status as of today?

Some are nice & polite; I got a rude & clueless fella on the phone today.....told me he would be "breaking the rules" is he gave me the status code!
Is there no monitoring or standards for these folks? No consistancy at all; doing FCA much more harm than good.
I "escalated" a week ago & again two days ago with a new 'Case #' and was promised a prompt comunication....crickets!
Ordered 05/08; D1 on 06/15. Ivory Limited 2WD w/ eTorque, RamBoxes, 33 gallon tank, 20" OWL, Limited Slip, Level 1 Equipment Group, panoramic roof.

FLG8R

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but I ran a Lincoln/Mercury dealership years ago. Those of you that seem to be in "order limbo" need to contact your dealership general manager and point blank ask if they actually have Ram pickup allocation. If your dealer hasn't earned sufficient truck allocation, your order will not get pulled by the plant. Same things happen with guys ordering Corvettes. Just a thought.......
Thats not the case with what you're reading here on this forum. 99% of those posting are in ( D ) status or above. In FCA speak ( D ) status translates to, " Dealer has allocation and all parts available ". This is more a case of FCA failing miserably with this new truck launch. I myself placed my order on March 7th for a new Rebel and presently sit in ( I ) status which translates to , " Built not OK'd ". I've been in this status for over 50 days. Brand loyalty has to be a two way street but FCA sees it as a one way and thats why so many of us are flat out pissed!

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats not the case with what you're reading here on this forum. 99% of those posting are in ( D ) status or above. In FCA speak ( D ) status translates to, " Dealer has allocation and all parts available ". This is more a case of FCA failing miserably with this new truck launch. I myself placed my order on March 7th for a new Rebel and presently sit in ( I ) status which translates to , " Built not OK'd ". I've been in this status for over 50 days. Brand loyalty has to be a two way street but FCA sees it as a one way and thats why so many of us are flat out pissed!
Great post!

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flg8r
I'd guess yours was built with a unique to rebel part unavailable but easily installed after it has been built.
Just a guess. But Lincoln did that at Wixom Assembly during new model intros. There could be a vendor with tooling issues or Ram QC or Design made a change that requires a retrofit after the vendor makes the required change.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
What happens when your truck is built and sits in “inspection pending”.

FLG8R

Reaction score
You sit and wait. Watch the grass grow, paint dry, grey hair popping up on your head from the anxiety, etc.. At least your build is complete.
One thing I don't have to worry about now that its built and sitting in limbo is my hair turning gray. I've lost all my hair waiting!

Filet

Reaction score
I am still waiting on my truck to be delivered. It's been in Benicia, CA (offloaded from train) for over 2 weeks now - just sitting there waiting to be trucked to the dealer. The wait is killing me. Dealer said delivery last week, then Monday, then Tuesday, then today. Well, today is here and still no truck. The hours are like weeks. Someday ... someday...
ORDER UPDATE:
I saw my truck with my own eyes for the first time today. Oh what a beautiful sight. It FINALLY arrived at the dealer after sitting for 3 weeks waiting for a truck to bring it the last 100 miles. It was late in the evening, so all we had time for was the loan paperwork to get qualified. Then I had to go home and feed the kids, etc. But I go back after work tomorrow to pick it up. I cannot tell you (but I will anyway) how stoked I am. 10.5 weeks since I put in the order. I'll post some pics when I get it for you all. Next up is lifts, new wheels / tires, tonneau, lights, so much more... Oh, one thing I'm super bummed about is apparently the trailer tow mirrors don't power fold in against the windows. I really wanted button-touch folding mirrors. I guess I should not have opted for the tow package...and my boat trailer has hydraulic brakes anyway so it's kinda useless to me. Oh well, I can live with it. I'm still super excited.

Kramersp

Reaction score
So my truck is working on day 3 of the body vendor. It has rambox, spray in line and power running boards. Would this be a normal timeframe?

Users who are viewing this thread