5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

ramfan

Reaction score
Order my 2019 Laramie 4x4 with ram box on 5/14 went to paint on 8/28 and to kz on 8/30 was told it is scheduled to be at the rail yard 25 minutes from the dealer on9/16 .the end is in sight

matthewclarkg

Reaction score
I feel for you. Are you tracking through this site or on Jeepgarage?
I ordered my two tone black longhorn fully loaded with Rambox and off road package on May 24th. still waiting !! have had a couple of delivery dates with no results. still in DI status. I hear that the ram boxes are the issue. anyone hear anything about this ??? its been 105 days so far !!! how much longer should I wait? already missed Labor Day incentives !

matthewclarkg

Reaction score
has anyone heard anything about a delay on ram boxes. I ordered my 2-tone black longhorn e-torque with offroad package and rambox in May!! have gone through a couple of delivery dates but still nothing... over 105 days now ! getting frustrated, specially after missing out on all those Labor Day incentives !

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone heard anything about a delay on ram boxes. I ordered my 2-tone black longhorn e-torque with offroad package and rambox in May!! have gone through a couple of delivery dates but still nothing... over 105 days now ! getting frustrated, specially after missing out on all those Labor Day incentives !
Welcome to the forum @matthewclarkg goodness where to begin... briefly, yep, Rambox builds were significantly delayed due to a manufacturing problem. May orders are just being built now, but not all of them yet. Here’s some light reading on the subject... just kidding, here’s a link to 75 pages of comments about it. No real fix other than either deciding to wait it out, or giving up on the Rambox option and ordering/buying a truck without them. One thing you’ll see from this thread is you are not alone!
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/rambox-e-torque-order-tracking.939/

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered my two tone black longhorn fully loaded with Rambox and off road package on May 24th. still waiting !! have had a couple of delivery dates with no results. still in DI status. I hear that the ram boxes are the issue. anyone hear anything about this ??? its been 105 days so far !!! how much longer should I wait? already missed Labor Day incentives !
You're not the only one still waiting, but many forum members have been seeing movement recently. My wife and I will be picking mine up tomorrow.

matthewclarkg

Reaction score
You're not the only one still waiting, but many forum members have been seeing movement recently. My wife and I will be picking mine up tomorrow.
thanks for the answer and congrats on picking up tomorrow !!! jealous. Almost purchased one without the rambox this weekend, but I decided that I just can't go without the rambox. thanks again for the info.

matthewclarkg

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @matthewclarkg goodness where to begin... briefly, yep, Rambox builds were significantly delayed due to a manufacturing problem. May orders are just being built now, but not all of them yet. Here’s some light reading on the subject... just kidding, here’s a link to 75 pages of comments about it. No real fix other than either deciding to wait it out, or giving up on the Rambox option and ordering/buying a truck without them. One thing you’ll see from this thread is you are not alone!
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/rambox-e-torque-order-tracking.939/
thanks so much for the reply. getting pretty frustrated and almost purchased one from dealer lot this weekend. decided not to because rambox is real important to me. crossing my fingers I will get it in September... thanks again for the reply.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
thanks so much for the reply. getting pretty frustrated and almost purchased one from dealer lot this weekend. decided not to because rambox is real important to me. crossing my fingers I will get it in September... thanks again for the reply.
I’m in the same boat though I haven’t been waiting NEARLY as long as you. In D1 but likely to not see my truck until November I think. I’ve been questioning my decision to hold out... What’s keeping you waiting, have you had Ramboxes before?

matthewclarkg

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat though I haven’t been waiting NEARLY as long as you. In D1 but likely to not see my truck until November I think. I’ve been questioning my decision to hold out... What’s keeping you waiting, have you had Ramboxes before?
I have a 2016 ltd with rambox now and really happy with it. just swapping for new because of the added technogly (big screen, adaptive cruise, etc). I could not live without rambox because its comfortable to store stuff that's out of site while in the city...

Tlsuzi

Reaction score
They are saying this week and next are big weeks for progress. It’s unfortunate the communication is awful. No press on it either. Keep it quiet and keep em waiting. I was a 7/11 order, build this week and on the 10th they will email me. I also think the dealer size is an issue, big dealers who purchase a lot might get preference. I have lost faith but will wait for the Rambox.

YardSale

Reaction score
They are saying this week and next are big weeks for progress. It’s unfortunate the communication is awful. No press on it either. Keep it quiet and keep em waiting. I was a 7/11 order, build this week and on the 10th they will email me. I also think the dealer size is an issue, big dealers who purchase a lot might get preference. I have lost faith but will wait for the Rambox.
Ahhhh.....The ubiquitous "they." I too have lost faith with the process however I will continue to not so patiently wait for exactly what I want.

Numms08

Reaction score
5/23 order date. Have gone in and out of D1 status 2x at least with multiple promised build dates and it still hasn’t been built

Numms08

Reaction score
5/23 order date. Have gone in and out of D1 status 2x at least with multiple promised build dates and it still hasn’t been built
Dealership called this morning that my truck ordered 5/23 went from D1 to “I” status pending final inspection. Hope this doesn’t take too long.

Ezshooter

JAFO
Reaction score
Just as an FYI - my Limited E-torque (no rambox) was ordered Saturday 8/11 (VON I got from my dealer was dated 8/15), and according to our tracking service I’m on a train ‘In-Transit Report Station, Rail Arrival’ in Detroit Sterling, MI as of yesterday’s status. So there was a big push for production it looks like! I went to ‘I’ the Tuesday after Labor Day (do I need to worry about a truck built on Labor Day??? - hey I’m just happy to be here). Delivery down here to North Texas and dealer PDI to go but I could have a special order truck in 4-5 weeks! Not rubbing this in on our Rambox brethren, I know lead time is an issue on those... hopeful that I will be posting a ‘just picked mine up initial thoughts’ post next week.
EZ

Kaz

Reaction score
No movement on my wife's truck's replacement order; orderd 5/4, D1 7/1, then 8/24... GM at my dealership was "told" it would go into production on 9/2 with an estimated ship date of 9/14... I'm still sitting D1... and 9/14 is only 4 days away. I'm not holding my breath. Super frustrated.

Zmoney

Reaction score
Ordered my truck on 8/27 and today received update from dealer that it it is D1 - Gateline plant has sequenced the unit for production. Estimated ship date 9/20.

From board experience, does that sound like I should take delivery in September?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Depends, how far are you from Detroit, if a train is needed, add at least a week, probably two

Kaz

Reaction score
Ordered my truck on 8/27 and today received update from dealer that it it is D1 - Gateline plant has sequenced the unit for production. Estimated ship date 9/20.

From board experience, does that sound like I should take delivery in September?

Don’t hold your breath... just sayin’

anthtony

Reaction score

You should pay to have your order tracked on this site. It is well worth it!!

Zmoney

Reaction score
what does paying to have it tracked provide? Cost? I have been using the ram.com chat to get information.

Users who are viewing this thread