5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
My tracking info just became available on Cassen's website. No dates or anything but my VIN being in their system has to be a positive sign right.... Anyone else get on Cassens transport site and track there vehicle? How many days from the VIN number entering their system until delivery or a movement update?
Will you send me a link to the tracking page?

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Was at my dealer today and they told me that the carriers have a massive shortage of truck drivers to get vehicles to the dealers. Supposedly they are contracting with single flat bed owners to deliver one vehicle at a time. My truck is unloaded and waiting for a ride to my dealer. I'm in WI so not sure if this is a regional issue or national issue.

Just found this article posting about the transportation shortage:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c.../ram-trucks-gibraltar-trade-center/808814002/

mikemcfarland

Reaction score

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just found this article posting about the transportation shortage:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c.../ram-trucks-gibraltar-trade-center/808814002/
Interesting article. How about this solution:

Years ago we were stationed in Europe and my wife bought a Volvo. We had the option of picking up our car directly from the factory in Gotenberg; you fly up, get picked up, stay the night, get a sweet factory tour, and get a Grade A inspection of your new vehicle. When happy you get the keys and ride a ferry south to drive your new car home. Detroit is no Sweden but it would still be a ton of fun. Would you guys do it? No train waits!

Duane

Reaction score
Interesting article. How about this solution:

Years ago we were stationed in Europe and my wife bought a Volvo. We had the option of picking up our car directly from the factory in Gotenberg; you fly up, get picked up, stay the night, get a sweet factory tour, and get a Grade A inspection of your new vehicle. When happy you get the keys and ride a ferry south to drive your new car home. Detroit is no Sweden but it would still be a ton of fun. Would you guys do it? No train waits!

I'd do it. If done right, it is the type of thing that reinforces brand loyalty.
BMW does it in Greenville, SC & of course Corvette offers factory pickup. At BMW, you can enjoy a meal by a corporate chef & get a driving lesson.
I do not have a BMW, but when my kids were teens I took them to their wonderful safe-driving school right there at the factory proving track.

Doc

Reaction score
I want to start by expressing my appreciation for all the insight you have provided. I have been a Ram fan/ owner since I ordered my first vehicle, a 98 Dakota. I have been holding off on ordering because I'm also a diesel fan and I'm excited to see what FCA does with their ecodiesel but the wait is killing me! I was wondering I'm I could get some of your thoughts...

Planned order is: limited CC, 4x4, offroad, Rambo, towing with the ecodiesel once available.

Thanks again guys!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My tracking info just became available on Cassen's website. No dates or anything but my VIN being in their system has to be a positive sign right.... Anyone else get on Cassens transport site and track there vehicle? How many days from the VIN number entering their system until delivery or a movement update?

Where's it heading? Cassens got the delivery order a day before receiving my truck which was parked at the Sterling Heights plant. It took a day then went to Toledo. That's when I called to get it marked hot. The next day it arrived at my dealer (5 hours from Toledo), on a transport full of vehicles for my dealer.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Soup

Reaction score
Looks like I finally moved out of C, D, and D1 hell. I checked online this morning and I now have a window sticker, only took 101 days since ordering. Now hopefully my truck doesn't have issues with extended transportation time to WI.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like I finally moved out of C, D, and D1 hell. I checked online this morning and I now have a window sticker, only took 101 days since ordering. Now hopefully my truck doesn't have issues with extended transportation time to WI.
@Soup without Ramboxes? I didn’t know anyone without Ramboxes was waiting that long. What the heck delayed yours I wonder?

Soup

Reaction score
Without Ramboxes. I think the combination of Limited, etorque, and Off Road Package was the hold up.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I want to start by expressing my appreciation for all the insight you have provided. I have been a Ram fan/ owner since I ordered my first vehicle, a 98 Dakota. I have been holding off on ordering because I'm also a diesel fan and I'm excited to see what FCA does with their ecodiesel but the wait is killing me! I was wondering I'm I could get some of your thoughts...

Planned order is: limited CC, 4x4, offroad, Rambo, towing with the ecodiesel once available.

Thanks again guys!
What’s up Doc, welcome! Any specific questions tailored to what you want to know could be asked on a separate post if you wanted to make one, but regarding your planned order and order tracking:
- Trucks w Ramboxes are backed up, just barely beginning to be produced, slowly. Requires patience.
- Just heard from @Soup who ordered a Limited w offroad who also waited a long time. Requires patience.
- Ecodiesel is not available, and if you search for my posts on the topic you’ll see I recommend LOTS of careful research and ultimately waiting until a newly designed version of that engine comes out. Do some searches for “catastrophic” and ecodiesel and you’ll see why. I personally own an ecodiesel and am switching to a Hemi w/eTorque for towing.

Hope that helps.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
great update. this is the type of info FCA should be emailing all people who have trucks on order. (along with a brief excuse why the rambox isn't available) . i think it would definitely put the "late orderer at ease".
Amen

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might beat that record

sghuntoon

Reaction score
Where's it heading? Cassens got the delivery order a day before receiving my truck which was parked at the Sterling Heights plant. It took a day then went to Toledo. That's when I called to get it marked hot. The next day it arrived at my dealer (5 hours from Toledo), on a transport full of vehicles for my dealer.

My truck is going to Midland, MI about 70 miles North of Sterling Heights. Should be same day delivery once it leaves, thats why I was so curious because If I'm on the same schedule as you, It should be shipping out Monday

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is going to Midland, MI about 70 miles North of Sterling Heights. Should be same day delivery once it leaves, thats why I was so curious because If I'm on the same schedule as you, It should be shipping out Monday

Nice. You should ship direct from Sterling Heights like @BZ23 did. Keep checking, I found a draft delivery receipt the day before mine delivered.

Ranchram

Reaction score
I'd do it. If done right, it is the type of thing that reinforces brand loyalty.
BMW does it in Greenville, SC & of course Corvette offers factory pickup. At BMW, you can enjoy a meal by a corporate chef & get a driving lesson.
I do not have a BMW, but when my kids were teens I took them to their wonderful safe-driving school right there at the factory proving track.
I have to say, am a BMW man. Over the past 20 years I have bought or leased 18 BMWs for my family or myself. They absolutely do it right. The ordering is easy, with the pick up you are made to feel far more important than you actually are (eurpean and Greenville delivery), and they deliver on time. For me, RAM trucks are the closest in quality and performance. Truly, if BMW made a truck that could haul hay and tow a 3 horse trailer i w ould not be buying my 3rd ram. But they do not, so I am. Frankly, aside from my wife getting angry at me about constant hand wringing related to delay after delay for my ordered truck, I am really enjoying my first experience with an Internet forum. It just goes to show, sometimes doing it right ends up being the wrong thing in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread