5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

cjgerson

Reaction score
Besides the early Rebel orders (who are built just in holding) is my order of 5/2 the oldest pending for the forum?

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Same day as me. I am SO jealous! Congrats
Looks like it's me and you now with the 5/7 order date. Day 60 and the paint has dried many times over and the grass has grown and been mowed several times. I really hope this truck will be worth it and be trouble free.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Just got off of the phone with Ram people and they stated that they would escalate this to a case manager since my truck was already scheduled to be built the last week of June. For some mysterious reason it was never built. Based on some other members' experiences on this forum, I guess there is a 50/50 chance I will get a date scheduled for the build. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like it's me and you now with the 5/7 order date. Day 60 and the paint has dried many times over and the grass has grown and been mowed several times. I really hope this truck will be worth it and be trouble free.

cjbrown24 (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Ivory)
Date ordered: 06/07/2018
Current Status: I
D1 status date: 06/16/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 07/06/18 03:03:00 PM

Congrats! Ordered 1 month after mine. Same color!

E-Torque or Rambox?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got off of the phone with Ram people and they stated that they would escalate this to a case manager since my truck was already scheduled to be built the last week of June. For some mysterious reason it was never built. Based on some other members' experiences on this forum, I guess there is a 50/50 chance I will get a date scheduled for the build. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
It is a LOT less than 50/50. My build date was 06/14 and They moved me from D1 to D 5 days after the fact

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This is similar to what you will get for an answer..Please post what you get!

Hello Jim: This is BXXXXX getting back to you as per our telephone conversation for your Ram build. As mentioned the E Torque engines just started build last week. I again spoke with our advisor in regard to the Ram Box. I was informed the Ram Box was late availability for order. They are available and are being built. There are a limited number being built every day. This are a go ahead now for build. The vehicle will be built sequentially as per earliest orders. It has been my pleasure to assist you Jim. Have yourself a great day. BXXXXX Ram Customer Care

warvet

Reaction score
To you guys still waiting, please hang in there. This was my first, ever, order. I always just chose something on the lot. My supervisor, a diehard Ford guy, never buys off the lot. He says ......man, order and get it exactly like you want it. So, I listened to him this time. I didn't settle for purchasing a Ram with one additional thing I didn't want or one less thing I wanted.

This is my first Ram after numerous GMCs, a couple of Mercedes, a BMW and a wife who still drives a Mercedes. I promise you the wait is worth it. The fact that I ordered it, waited on it, and it has everything I want.......it makes the wait worth it.

I had my windows tinted today....20% all back/rear windows and had the legal 35% put-on the front. I felt the back/rear windows were extremely light compared to previous trucks. At angles, the front looks darker than it really is and at angles, you can tell its lighter than the rear. I usually just tint the front windows 35%. I'm not brave enough to go with the illegal front tint that perfectly matches. Everyone usually does, but I don't want the hassle when it comes time to inspection

I also had the Undercover Ultra Flex installed (bed cover). This is my first tri fold .....I usually get the Undercover Fiberglass cover. I posted the pic like this to really show how flush/hidden it is versus posting a pic of a close up.

I threw in a pic of what I left for Ram just for fun. All of my trucks have been black lol .....but no more E rated tires for me (like this GMC) and I don't think I'll be leveling. This dang Ram just rides so solid. Hang in there guys. IMG_8108.JPG

Hang in there guys.

IMG_0442.jpg IMG_0445.jpg

Last edited:

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
To you guys still waiting, please hang in there. This was my first, ever, order. I always just chose something on the lot. My supervisor, a diehard Ford guy, never buys off the lot. He says ......man, order and get it exactly like you want it. So, I listened to him this time. I didn't settle for purchasing a Ram with one additional thing I didn't want or one less thing I wanted.

This is my first Ram after numerous GMCs, a couple of Mercedes, a BMW and a wife who still drives a Mercedes. I promise you the wait is worth it. The fact that I ordered it, waited on it, and it has everything I want.......it makes the wait worth it.

I had my windows tinted today....20% all back/rear windows and had the legal 35% put-on the front. I felt the back/rear windows were extremely light compared to previous trucks. At angles, the front looks darker than it really is and at angles, you can tell its lighter than the rear. I usually just tint the front windows 35%. I'm not brave enough to go with the illegal front tint that perfectly matches. Everyone usually does, but I don't want the hassle when it comes time to inspection

I also had the Undercover Ultra Flex installed. This is my first tri fold .....I usually get the Undercover Fiberglass cover. I posted the pic like this to really show how flush/hidden it is versus posting a pic of a close up.

I threw in a pic of what I left for Ram just for fun. All of my trucks have been black lol .....but no more E rated tires for me (like this GMC). Hang in there guys. View attachment 1190

Hang in there guys.

View attachment 1188 View attachment 1189
What is undercover ultra flex

warvet

Reaction score
What is undercover ultra flex

tri fold tonneau (bed) cover. I advise to do a quick youtube search to get a much better answer. I'm not sure what sort of cover you're looking for or what will suit your needs.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
tri fold tonneau (bed) cover. I advise to do a quick youtube search to get a much better answer. I'm not sure what sort of cover you're looking for or what will suit your needs.[/QUOT
Ok I just looked it up. Man I ordered my truck with the tri fold I hope it's not a hunk of junk. The undercover ultra flex is a very clean look. I love it, I hope mine is similar.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score

I also had the Undercover Ultra Flex installed (bed cover). This is my first tri fold .....I usually get the Undercover Fiberglass cover. I posted the pic like this to really show how flush/hidden it is versus posting a pic of a close up.

I threw in a pic of what I left for Ram just for fun. All of my trucks have been black lol .....but no more E rated tires for me (like this GMC) and I don't think I'll be leveling. This dang Ram just rides so solid. Hang in there guys. View attachment 1190

Hang in there guys.

View attachment 1188 View attachment 1189
Ram is just so much sleek and clean looking. I have not mentioned this yet but I'm converting from Chevy/ GMC myself. This will be my first Dodge/Ram

warvet

Reaction score

Not sure which one you ordered.....I've seen two styles. One is a plain top/smooth cover that looks like it doesn't fold, but it does and it sits too high for my liking. But alot of Ram guys love that cover and its a great cover. Another one is a tri fold that has panels like mine and sits pretty flush.. Truthfully, I just like undercover and they have a 5 year warranty and their customer service Is excellent. That why I stick with them.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Not sure which one you ordered.....I've seen two styles. One is a plain top/smooth cover that looks like it doesn't fold, but it does and it sits too high for my liking. But alot of Ram guys love that cover and its a great cover. Another one is a tri fold that has panels like mine and sits pretty flush.. Truthfully, I just like undercover and they have a 5 year warranty and their customer service Is excellent. That why I stick with them.
First sign of any problem with the factory cover it's coming off. It crazy that I went by a dealer today just to get a look at the Longhorns again and one of the truck with the cover on it had already come a loose in the front. Boy oh boy these quality issue are starting to eat at me.

Kramersp

Reaction score
First sign of any problem with the factory cover it's coming off. It crazy that I went by a dealer today just to get a look at the Longhorns again and one of the truck with the cover on it had already come a loose in the front. Boy oh boy these quality issue are starting to eat at me.
I'm going over my truck with a fine tooth comb when it arrives. I'm also taking a long test drive. Long. Like a couple of hours. If I see quality issues I'm not buying it and I'm heading to the ford dealership. I'm going to work the crap out of the air suspension, drive down crappy roads at a medium speed, work the crap out of the uconnect, drive 90mph to look at the hood, ect. These issues are insane.

sgk

Reaction score
This is for those curious about the ramboxes and their progress, and also to show how excited I am.
My build (limited with ramboxes etc.) has finally reached I status.

Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/08/2018
Built pending inspection: 07/06/18 06:35:00 PM

Kramersp

Reaction score
This is for those curious about the ramboxes and their progress, and also to show how excited I am.
My build (limited with ramboxes etc.) has finally reached I status.

Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/08/2018
Built pending inspection: 07/06/18 06:35:00 PM
I ordered the same. A day earlier. I was F status yesterday morning. Must be I by now.

warvet

Reaction score
I'm going over my truck with a fine tooth comb when it arrives. I'm also taking a long test drive. Long. Like a couple of hours. If I see quality issues I'm not buying it and I'm heading to the ford dealership. I'm going to work the crap out of the air suspension, drive down crappy roads at a medium speed, work the crap out of the uconnect, drive 90mph to look at the hood, ect. These issues are insane.

But also be a little careful. Here is what I mean. I bought a new release 2017 Harley when it switched to the milwaukee 8. Folks took to the Harley forum to totally destroy its reliability. Yes, there were and still are some issues. Those people were telling the truth about their issues. But something weird happened.....folks, with no issues, stopped enjoying their Harleys. They were riding in "investigation" mode even though they hadn't had one issue since ownership and they started going to service dpts and asking for inspections on things that others were having issues with. My service dpt said it was if they wanted something to be wrong.

My point is, online forums are an extremely small sample size. I joined 3 Ram forums, recently, and I see the same ppl on all of them. The only thing I inspected on this truck was a thorough walk around looking for dents and scrapes. I hopped in with the salesman and I customized all of my settings while the salesman watched (I've had the owners manual for 2 months) and I drove off. Will I have issues......maybe. It's raining today and I'm not going to be scared to drive to Raleigh with my family because 2 ppl had water seeping into their roof "shark fin" (antenna). I won't be staring at the hood the entire time looking for flex. :)

BTW, Ford has issues too. On their forum, they talk bout leaky pano sunroofs. But funny thing is ....there are a million of them in my parking lot at work and no one has that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread