5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
When mass producing every vehicle is not going to pass Inspection, that goes for every vehicle manufacturers. That's the point of quality control, will they catch every problem a course not. The problem is what manufacturers do when you or if you have a problem. I know what's got a lot of people pissed off is the lying and communicating what's really going on. The FCA is leaving everybody in the dark even the dealerships. They don't have direct answers because they are trying to figure out what's going on themselves. FCA has created a lot of confusion hiding. Ram customer service representative told me yesterday that two others representatives lied to me to make me feel better and to get me off the phone in the past. This tell me that the FCA is ok with them lying. That's a problem when upper management is ok with a representative lying to customers.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had great news today! I have been very patient, far more than I normally would. I check this forum a couple times daily to see what is going on with all of your builds and I decided a while back not to even check on my build but maybe once a week if that. Thank you all for keeping me entertained!:D As you know, I was a tow mirror victim on my first order, a standard Hemi Longhorn ordered 4/24 that is now on its way to my dealer. The second truck I ordered on 6/12, a Longhorn WITHOUT tow mirrors but with e-torque this time (since I could only get e-torque at the time I ordered) is now in F status according to my dealer and Ram chat. Therefore, I ordered this second truck on 6/12, D1 status on 6/19, and now F status on 7/7. Hope this build keeps moving like this and ships faster than my first order. Since I haven’t checked since it went to D1, I was excited it was already in F. Just figured it may be August before it was even built. Also FYI, no Ramboxes on this one. Keep it movin Ram!;)

cjbrown24

Reaction score
cjbrown24 (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Ivory)
Date ordered: 06/07/2018
Current Status: I
D1 status date: 06/16/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 07/06/18 03:03:00 PM

Congrats! Ordered 1 month after mine. Same color!

E-Torque or Rambox?

Just saw this! E-Torque no Rambox. I was buckling in for the long haul and this was way quicker than anticipated!

Filet

Reaction score
When mass producing every vehicle is not going to pass Inspection, that goes for every vehicle manufacturers. That's the point of quality control, will they catch every problem a course not. The problem is what manufacturers do when you or if you have a problem. I know what's got a lot of people pissed off is the lying and communicating what's really going on. The FCA is leaving everybody in the dark even the dealerships. They don't have direct answers because they are trying to figure out what's going on themselves. FCA has created a lot of confusion hiding. Ram customer service representative told me yesterday that two others representatives lied to me to make me feel better and to get me off the phone in the past. This tell me that the FCA is ok with them lying. That's a problem when upper management is ok with a representative lying to customers.
I've been hesitant to post this information here since I'm new, but this thread seems to be the right place to put it. Y'all will just have to take a leap of faith with me on this. I live in California but my neighbor (who is also a good friend) works for a company that provides a lot of the high-tech tooling to basically every auto manufacturer. His biggest account out here is Tesla. Anyway, I told him I was buying the new Ram and he said "give me the VIN and I'll get the entire vehicle build report on it for you from my counterpart who handles FCA in Detroit. " This report will show the data on every single fastener torque, clamp force, weld depth, etc.....real geeky stuff....but I'm a mechanical engineer so I like that kind of stuff). Anyway, so my neighbor contacted his counterpart in Detroit, gave him the VIN and asked him for the report on my truck. So this guy in Detroit spends part of every week in the Sterling Heights Assembly plant and the tooling he manages is used everywhere there. Well, the first response he gave to my neighbor was this: "make sure he buys the dealer lifetime full warranty". So what I'm trying to say here is a guy who spends all his time at the Sterling Heights Assembly and has intimate knowledge of all that goes on there is giving me the wink-wink to buy the full warranty. I'm not trying to scare anyone from buying this truck, Ram makes great vehicles, and any issues will get worked out in time. I'm just saying there may be issues early with this new model and a guy who has inside info is saying to buy the full lifetime warranty so I'm not out the cost of any possible repairs. Sorry, but I'm not going to say who the supplier is that these guys work for since FCA folks likely visit this forum and this info was given to me in confidence.

Duane

Reaction score
I actually have the ' Lifetime Wrap 'on my '09 Laramie; 307 K & still under full factory warranty.
Cost me only $ 1,400.00 in 2008. as
lifetime was standard at the time.
Est $ 4K now on a '19.
Imperative though that you keep religiously to the recommended maintenance schedule, or factory can cancel otherwise.
If you really drive a lot, it can be a great thing....not available from other manufacturers.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been hesitant to post this information here since I'm new, but this thread seems to be the right place to put it. Y'all will just have to take a leap of faith with me on this. I live in California but my neighbor (who is also a good friend) works for a company that provides a lot of the high-tech tooling to basically every auto manufacturer. His biggest account out here is Tesla. Anyway, I told him I was buying the new Ram and he said "give me the VIN and I'll get the entire vehicle build report on it for you from my counterpart who handles FCA in Detroit. " This report will show the data on every single fastener torque, clamp force, weld depth, etc.....real geeky stuff....but I'm a mechanical engineer so I like that kind of stuff). Anyway, so my neighbor contacted his counterpart in Detroit, gave him the VIN and asked him for the report on my truck. So this guy in Detroit spends part of every week in the Sterling Heights Assembly plant and the tooling he manages is used everywhere there. Well, the first response he gave to my neighbor was this: "make sure he buys the dealer lifetime full warranty". So what I'm trying to say here is a guy who spends all his time at the Sterling Heights Assembly and has intimate knowledge of all that goes on there is giving me the wink-wink to buy the full warranty. I'm not trying to scare anyone from buying this truck, Ram makes great vehicles, and any issues will get worked out in time. I'm just saying there may be issues early with this new model and a guy who has inside info is saying to buy the full lifetime warranty so I'm not out the cost of any possible repairs. Sorry, but I'm not going to say who the supplier is that these guys work for since FCA folks likely visit this forum and this info was given to me in confidence.
Do you have a 19 Ram or have you ordered one?

warvet

Reaction score

Truth be told, I don't find this alarming. This is just where mass manufacturing is these days with all of the outsourcing, cheaper parts, cheaper labor, importing of materials. This is also where any manufacturer is with a brand new release. I went to the Harley plant in York, PA to see them being built and yeah, it was cool to see the assembly, but ......it was just "assembly" ....no one was in there building engines or transmissions. They weren't developing the new navigation, bluetooth modules, improved suspensions, etc. And yep, we replace some of our fasteners also because they are so cheaply imported from China. I think we can all find "a guy" who works at all major manufacturing plants who could warn consumers of some things he sees. Could you imagine what employees of house builders would tell us after they build 10 houses in 10 weeks?

As for me, I didn't purchase any warranty. If I decide to keep it longterm, I will later. BTW, my new iPhone 8 plus .......had to get it repaired 2 months after I bought the new release. The speaker stopped working and it would also freeze up when sending texts.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Gehhh...The other car to probably never own off of warranty would be a Tesla..ask your friend to clean up the quality issues on every car that Toyota and Honda dont make lol

warvet

Reaction score
Gehhh...The other car to probably never own off of warranty would be a Tesla..ask your friend to clean up the quality issues on every car that Toyota and Honda dont make lol

Amen to HONDA!!!!!! I just sold a 2001 Honda Civic. My daughter graduated HS in 2016 and I bought her a new 16 Civic. I'm confident with her driving back and forth to college and around her college city.

FLG8R

Reaction score
I'm certainly not going to attempt any defense of FCA here because I consider myself second only to @alacombe at being the most pissed at them on this forum. But, how do we know that your source of info doesn't work hand in hand with the people that sell these outrageously priced extended warranties and gets a little return on these wink-wink insider leaks. Somehow I just have never had any love for snitches and people that play both sides of the fence. Mind you that this is just my way of interpreting your post so don't take it personal.

Duane

Reaction score
Truth be told, I don't find this alarming. This is just where mass manufacturing is these days with all of the outsourcing, cheaper parts, cheaper labor, importing of materials. This is also where any manufacturer is with a brand new release. I went to the Harley plant in York, PA to see them being built and yeah, it was cool to see the assembly, but ......it was just "assembly" ....no one was in there building engines or transmissions. They weren't developing the new navigation, bluetooth modules, improved suspensions, etc. And yep, we replace some of our fasteners also because they are so cheaply imported from China. I think we can all find "a guy" who works at all major manufacturing plants who could warn consumers of some things he sees. Could you imagine what employees of house builders would tell us after they build 10 houses in 10 weeks?

As for me, I didn't purchase any warranty. If I decide to keep it longterm, I will later. BTW, my new iPhone 8 plus .......had to get it repaired 2 months after I bought the new release. The speaker stopped working and it would also freeze up when sending texts.

UltraMadMax

Reaction score
I was told by my dealer to buy the extended service contract directly from Mopar. He said they give you better rates and that insures you get the official warranty that can be used at any dealer. The wrap that I bought for my Durango at my old dealer does not show up when I log into the Mopar site so I am assuming it is something the dealer sold and not an official Mopar extended service contract. I am not sure if I should buy and if so where?

Duane

Reaction score
I would/am not recommending an extended warrarany for anyone else, but right for me with my distance driving; if any component at all has an issue, FCA replaces it with a smile & without any question. That is why my '09 drives like new @ 307K. Obviously, like any insurance policy, the issuer makes out generally or they'd lose $$ & would not offer. Importantly, the Lifetime Wrap is not tranferable (at least after 100K miles), and it disapears if vehicle is totaled.
I personally always avoid any non factory-backed warranties.
FCA still offers the 'Lifetime Wrap', but it is not advertised. It started as a (relatively inexpensive) available supplement to the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty offered when Chrysler was in big trouble. It is more expensive now, simply because there is no more std. lifetime powertrain coverage.
For my personal needs & tastes (only), it is smarter than spending similar $$ to jack-up truck & add non-OEM tires (on a highway-only pickup) that can degrade ride, handling, & safety (especially for the poor passenger in a Honda [etc.] one might hit, as your bumper wil go right into their window).
Regardless, I believe that these new '19s are built to last & take abuse, and that vehicles are getting more reliable generally.
Also, early/1st year vehicles can sometimes be more sorted-out than they may be later on. I had an 1st-week of production 1993 Eagle Vision TSI that was perfect, and bought a 1995 TSI for the Mrs. which was a mess.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer to buy the extended service contract directly from Mopar. He said they give you better rates and that insures you get the official warranty that can be used at any dealer. The wrap that I bought for my Durango at my old dealer does not show up when I log into the Mopar site so I am assuming it is something the dealer sold and not an official Mopar extended service contract. I am not sure if I should buy and if so where?

I bought my warranty for my 2014 Durango online and it showed up on the Mopar site., so its not necessary to order only from Mopar.

The three main places I see people buying them from at below. All are tied to Chrysler dealerships and are Molar warranties.

Clay Robbins - [email protected]

Zeigler Autogroup - http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com

Eau Claire Chrysler - https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

alow

Reaction score
Well I'll say anyone even a super reliable Japanese brand can roll out a lemon. I got extended care on an Acura CL-S I got and the tranny blew about 2 years later outside of factory but inside extended warranty. I also had a first year change NBS 2007 Silverado which was my trade on this truck and it was great for 11 years. Nothing but minor stuff that was easily fixed. I keep vehicles for a while so I plan to get one for this provided everything is good for the 1st year. If theres an issue or it turns out to be crap I'll trade and reevaluate.

alow

Reaction score
Also I'll say just about any place you go, you can take a peek behind the curtain and think "Oh man, its crazy here." I'd say the same about where I work but it all turns out ok so I take insider info as worth what I paid for it unless that person is a one man shop, knows about a problem with a specific part or is heavily involved with the entire process. I talked to a guy who worked on the railroad and he told me about all these crazy accidents and how dangerous it was, I then talked to one of my best friends who works out of the same yard and he thought that guy was nuts and things were fine.

I appreciate any good intentions if that was the spirit of the post though.

Users who are viewing this thread