5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

vegasandre

Reaction score
Yup, stupid me just assumed they would document the rebates :(
same here but I am holding them to it.. as I have various emails and texts from Phiilip and I pretty much reiterated it in every email ,text and phone conversation with them - like this one:
Andre,
Great build‼
Sorry for slow response, its been insane here, everyone is trying to get orders in before some features become put on restriction because of parts shortage.

Attached is the build sheet.

Please let me know if I missed anything on it.

MSRP: 73,900
Your price: 63600
I can lock in 0% today it expires today unless they renew tomorrow.
Trailer tow group is on restriction because of chip shortage so this has everything else.
This price doesn’t include any rebates you may qualify for, you can subtract any rebates you qualify for now or when the vehicle gets here from this price.
Check the forums for the Pen Fed rebate there is a thread on how to get it and its up to $1000 for just opening a checking account with them.
I only charge a $150 doc fee and then tax and licensing from the state you register it in.
FCA has been raising prices several times over the last 2 or 3 weeks. This price I quoted you is good for 72 hours, after that if the MSRP raises from the factory I need to pass that increase on to you.
Additionally the chip shortage has really started to hurt build over last few days, I would get the order in as quick as possible, once we have a vin number you have no chance of your order not being picked up.
With this pricing I always try and put my best foot forward and give the lowest price possible up front, all I ask for is that you share your experience on the forums whether you buy or not from me, I get a lot of business from these forums and its important to me that people know the type of experience they had with me.

mcbouche

Reaction score
First Post:

I have been following this thread for several months since I ordered back on March 15th.

Its been a long time and an anxious wait as I know everyone here is going through it or has gone through it at some point in time.

Well, after 11 weeks, I happy to say my build sheet and window sticker are now available for viewing.

Problem is, it's only about 85% of the truck I ordered. Errors include vehicle has the long bed (6'4") and not the short bed (5'7"); vehicle has 3.21 gears and not 3.92 gears; No Advance Safety Group; No Technology Group; Laramie Level B instead of Level 2 (my order summary has the Level 2 option); and rubber floor mats were added by someone along the way.

So, the truck of my dreams that was 2 years in the making is not exactly what I wanted, which is why I placed and order and didn't pick one of the lot. This was a fully loaded $70,000+ Laramie.

Oh well. Life continues to disappoint.

Hope all get exactly the vehicle they ordered.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
First Post:

I have been following this thread for several months since I ordered back on March 15th.

Its been a long time and an anxious wait as I know everyone here is going through it or has gone through it at some point in time.

Well, after 11 weeks, I happy to say my build sheet and window sticker are now available for viewing.

Problem is, it's only about 85% of the truck I ordered. Errors include vehicle has the long bed (6'4") and not the short bed (5'7"); vehicle has 3.21 gears and not 3.92 gears; No Advance Safety Group; No Technology Group; Laramie Level B instead of Level 2 (my order summary has the Level 2 option); and rubber floor mats were added by someone along the way.

So, the truck of my dreams that was 2 years in the making is not exactly what I wanted, which is why I placed and order and didn't pick one of the lot. This was a fully loaded $70,000+ Laramie.

Did they give you the right VIN? I haven't heard of so many mistakes made before. Have you tried to contact Ramchat?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First Post:

Did they give you the right VIN? I haven't heard of so many mistakes made before. Have you tried to contact Ramchat?
And are you going to take it? For that amount of money with that many mistakes, I would probably just try again. I know that sucks to wait all over but that’s nowhere near what you ordered.
Definitely make sure someone didn’t fat finger the wrong VIN to you.

chuck01835

Reaction score
First Post:

I would suggest you contact your dealer immediately and possibly the local FCA rep.

Worse that could happen is that they order you a 2022 for the same price and you'll have to wait some more but you'll get exactly what you want and uconnect 5 as well!

Good luck!

drm827

Reaction score
First Post:

Dude, same thing happened to me. I ordered in February. For what it’s worth, try contacting the dealer owner/senior manager. I had a sales manager that was a complete tool, questioned why I didn’t catch their error and argued with me whether or not I wanted to actually buy a truck. I lit them up on reviews and through FCA. Three days later, the owner called and offered to build the truck for the price I had negotiated. He also threw in some additional packages such as the Limited Anniversary edition.

Good luck and I feel your pain!

drm827

Reaction score
I would suggest you contact your dealer immediately and possibly the local FCA rep.

Worse that could happen is that they order you a 2022 for the same price and you'll have to wait some more but you'll get exactly what you want and uconnect 5 as well!

Good luck!
It was tough convincing them to honor prices for a ‘22 since they don’t have pricing yet. I think they figured it would be cheaper for them to lose money on 1 truck than have their name drug through the mud by a very unhappy customer.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
It was tough convincing them to honor prices for a ‘22 since they don’t have pricing yet. I think they figured it would be cheaper for them to lose money on 1 truck than have their name drug through the mud by a very unhappy customer.
Glad to hear you are getting what you want. Any idea of how long you will have to wait for this one?

mcbouche

Reaction score
I have an email into my dealer and I couldn't get Ramchat to "chat" today (maybe closed due to the holiday) Should get something done tomorrow.

Would be nice if the VIN was incorrect, but not may 2-tone Patriot Blue and Silver with a Mountain Brown interior along with a diesel, 20" rims and multi-function tailgate at the same dealer.

Besides the wait, the worst part is the aggravation I'll have to go through to get my $2,000 deposit.

Last edited:

drm827

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are getting what you want. Any idea of how long you will have to wait for this one?
Thanks. It was a hassle, to say the least. No, they couldn’t provide any eta other than FCA was accepting orders.

Fabman75

Reaction score
I have an email into my dealer and I couldn't get Ramchat to "chat" today (maybe closed due to the holiday) Should get something done tomorrow.

Would be nice if the VIN was incorrect, but not may 2-tone Patriot Blue and Silver with a Mountain Brown interior along with a diesel, 20" rims and multi-function tailgate at the same dealer.

Besides the wait, the worst part is the aggravation I'll have to go through to get my $2,000 deposit.
The dealer should have provided you with the build sheet that has vin and von. I know the first time I checked for build sheet on ram vin lookup, I was excited, then quickly disappointed when it was a completely different truck. So I entered vin again and downloaded build sheet and vin not found. I do have vin just no build sheet from fca. Truck is in D status and has been since 04/24. Waiting for parts.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d be more concerned about honoring the financing too.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dude, same thing happened to me. I ordered in February. For what it’s worth, try contacting the dealer owner/senior manager. I had a sales manager that was a complete tool, questioned why I didn’t catch their error and argued with me whether or not I wanted to actually buy a truck. I lit them up on reviews and through FCA. Three days later, the owner called and offered to build the truck for the price I had negotiated. He also threw in some additional packages such as the Limited Anniversary edition.

Good luck and I feel your pain!
But hey you get the new truck with all the newer bells and whistles, special features, and the old truck price. Aside from a really sucky wait, I’d say you came out well ahead!

70runner

Reaction score
same here but I am holding them to it.. as I have various emails and texts from Phiilip and I pretty much reiterated it in every email ,text and phone conversation with them - like this one:
Andre,
Great build‼
Sorry for slow response, its been insane here, everyone is trying to get orders in before some features become put on restriction because of parts shortage.

Attached is the build sheet.

Please let me know if I missed anything on it.

MSRP: 73,900
Your price: 63600
I can lock in 0% today it expires today unless they renew tomorrow.
Trailer tow group is on restriction because of chip shortage so this has everything else.
This price doesn’t include any rebates you may qualify for, you can subtract any rebates you qualify for now or when the vehicle gets here from this price.
Check the forums for the Pen Fed rebate there is a thread on how to get it and its up to $1000 for just opening a checking account with them.
I only charge a $150 doc fee and then tax and licensing from the state you register it in.
FCA has been raising prices several times over the last 2 or 3 weeks. This price I quoted you is good for 72 hours, after that if the MSRP raises from the factory I need to pass that increase on to you.
Additionally the chip shortage has really started to hurt build over last few days, I would get the order in as quick as possible, once we have a vin number you have no chance of your order not being picked up.
With this pricing I always try and put my best foot forward and give the lowest price possible up front, all I ask for is that you share your experience on the forums whether you buy or not from me, I get a lot of business from these forums and its important to me that people know the type of experience they had with me.

Nearly verbatim email I have from Phillip as well, minus the financing and tow group. Jury seems to be still out on whether dealer will honor verbal/email rebates by Phillip. Imagine there are some in here who will pick up their truck at Auburn and finalize the purchase in June. We should begin to get a sense of the dealer's position on rebates.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well the good thing for me. I’ll let you guys know my window sticker has every option I ordered. Not sure why I truck would be built as an order with missing options. Chip shortage or not

drm827

Reaction score
But hey you get the new truck with all the newer bells and whistles, special features, and the old truck price. Aside from a really sucky wait, I’d say you came out well ahead!
Yea, sometimes it pays to have dumb luck. I am fortunate because the way the market is, I’d being dishing out an additional $10k, at least, if they hadn’t honored their price from February.

rossn2

Reaction score
drm827..how did you order a 2022 RAM when they're not even available to order or pricing thru dealers yet?

Derek cornett

Reaction score
I was going to order a 2021 warlock but the dealership told me they was on hold and not building any....anyone else heard this?

Users who are viewing this thread