5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From Order Tracking to Truck Tracking. Getting excited for Saturday:
Dq5nm62.png

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who had your truck delivered to your home from Mark Dodge, how long did it take to begin its journey to your home after arriving at Mark Dodge? How many miles to your home? How long was it in transit?

BornTooLate

Reaction score
That's ridiculous! Have y'all been able to find out any reasons why it takes so much longer for your builds?
no. they would just use the COVID excuse. my dealer never picks up his phone and never calls back until the next day. We'll see if he calls today. I never started calling until the 1st of April and once a month after that. so you can't say I pester the guy. he told me last time "it will get built". I think he even might have used the word "guaranteed".

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is great!!! How did you get them to give you access to truck tracking data?

There is a person @ Mark Dodge who called me up a day after finance was wrapped up and they told me I'd be getting some emails ...they weren't kidding.
  1. Mopar.com registration
  2. Connect Registration
  3. Sirius XM Guardian
  4. Sirius XM Trial info
  5. AT&T 4G Hotspot trial
  6. download the connect, Sirius and Mopar apps

It was like 2 hours of work on my side once the emails started coming in but I setup everything and then I had full access to turning on the truck, locking it, tracking location, etc. I also already have access to Sirius on my computer / phone as a part of the trial so I logged in and started listening to tuned.

This car is loaded with technology. I didn't fork over any money though but basically in 3-12 months, when these free-trials expire, I'll have
  1. 3-month trial of AT&T 4G Hotspot - $20 a month after 3 months
  2. 6 months Sirius XM All Access - $5-25 a month after the trial
  3. 12 months of Sirius Guardian - $300 (if I remember correctly) a year after the trial
  4. Mopar App - Just shows service reminders, digital owners manual, recalls and a lot of personal vehicle information

You can open a lot of money every month if you want to have everything turned on in your vehicle. I'll just let it all lapse when it does.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram Chat just informed me that as of 05-21 my parts have been gathered and my truck is being sequenced for production. I just sent my salesman a text to see if he can give me any more information.

BornTooLate

Reaction score
UPDATE!! UPDATE!!! My RAM dealer called me back! ...that's all. ......No, just kidding. So the exciting news is that my truck,...nearly 6 months after I ordered it.... is still in D status! He says though , that my truck is top 3 to get built for their dealership....probably equivalent to finishing top 3 in a local beauty pageant . and when the status changes he will call me. whoopty -frickin -doo. I'm honestly not very excited for this thing anymore. and i should be . because there are a lot of people that can't and will never be able to own a brand new truck. The only time I get excited about it anymore is everytime I get into my Ford Edge and my knee is firmly pressed up against the dash.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
UPDATE!! UPDATE!!! My RAM dealer called me back! ...that's all. ......No, just kidding. So the exciting news is that my truck,...nearly 6 months after I ordered it.... is still in D status! He says though , that my truck is top 3 to get built for their dealership....probably equivalent to finishing top 3 in a local beauty pageant . and when the status changes he will call me. whoopty -frickin -doo. I'm honestly not very excited for this thing anymore. and i should be . because there are a lot of people that can't and will never be able to own a brand new truck. The only time I get excited about it anymore is everytime I get into my Ford Edge and my knee is firmly pressed up against the dash.
I feel your pain. My sales guy also said he'd call me back when he had more info. Been almost a week and this is just for the VON. lol

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a person @ Mark Dodge who called me up a day after finance was wrapped up and they told me I'd be getting some emails ...they weren't kidding.
  1. Mopar.com registration
  2. Connect Registration
  3. Sirius XM Guardian
  4. Sirius XM Trial info
  5. AT&T 4G Hotspot trial
  6. download the connect, Sirius and Mopar apps

It was like 2 hours of work on my side once the emails started coming in but I setup everything and then I had full access to turning on the truck, locking it, tracking location, etc. I also already have access to Sirius on my computer / phone as a part of the trial so I logged in and started listening to tuned.

This car is loaded with technology. I didn't fork over any money though but basically in 3-12 months, when these free-trials expire, I'll have
  1. 3-month trial of AT&T 4G Hotspot - $20 a month after 3 months
  2. 6 months Sirius XM All Access - $5-25 a month after the trial
  3. 12 months of Sirius Guardian - $300 (if I remember correctly) a year after the trial
  4. Mopar App - Just shows service reminders, digital owners manual, recalls and a lot of personal vehicle information

You can open a lot of money every month if you want to have everything turned on in your vehicle. I'll just let it all lapse when it does.
Seems like you get five years of SiriusXM Travel Link and Traffic? I have to keep threatening to leave SiriusXM every year to stay at $5/month for service. I'd be happy to get 1/4 of the channels my package has for that $5, though. Heck, maybe even just give me 10-15 channels total and I'd be covered.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The wait for you is bad, but I imagine the thought of a truck you ordered in 2020 arriving when the 2022s are starting (or close to starting) production isn't pleasant either.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who did you order with? It sounds like Ram weighs the dealerships and builds trucks in order based on how well the dealership does. You could probably order a 2022 with Aaron and get it before your current order comes in…

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
BUILD SHEET! Ram chat told me it is in inspection!

Not positive what I'm looking at. How do I know if it has BUG?
Page 6 of my build sheet reads Bed Utility Group.....BTW window sticker arrived this AM!!! Was told today to expect no more than 2 weeks to arrive at dealer in Portland..........where it will sit until I get back from NH. Trip was originally planned to tow new trailer behind RAM but someone got impatient with the build & bought plane tickets. Same person who picked the color - wasn’t me.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Who did you order with? It sounds like Ram weighs the dealerships and builds trucks in order based on how well the dealership does. You could probably order a 2022 with Aaron and get it before your current order comes in…
He's from Canada.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Page 6 of my build sheet reads Bed Utility Group.....BTW window sticker arrived this AM!!! Was told today to expect no more than 2 weeks to arrive at dealer in Portland..........where it will sit until I get back from NH. Trip was originally planned to tow new trailer behind RAM but someone got impatient with the build & bought plane tickets. Same person who picked the color - wasn’t me.
At least that person has good taste in colors.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
no. they would just use the COVID excuse. my dealer never picks up his phone and never calls back until the next day. We'll see if he calls today. I never started calling until the 1st of April and once a month after that. so you can't say I pester the guy. he told me last time "it will get built". I think he even might have used the word "guaranteed".
Using the word guarantee is easy if a VIN has been assigned since it includes everything about your specific truck including the year.

Users who are viewing this thread