5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck! <see above> :)

Would have got exactly this if the payload held up (I'll be towing enough to make it so the Rambox/tailgate/33-gal tank took it down too far.) Nice Choice!
Where did you go to see the payload ratings with certain add-ons? Did you talk to the dealer for this info? All of the sites that I have seen have not let me break it down to the feature-level.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the final email yesterday.. my truck has been delivered! Leaving in 10 min to pick it up. Carl has been great over at Criswell. I did a sneak peek yesterday evening. .. I'll get better pics later today after I install my tonneau cover and AVS in channel shades. View attachment 94572
Oh man, going to see it on the lot and NOT being able to drive away with it, that must have been torture!

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
April was a very slow month. You newer folks seem to be moving faster...
I believe they had a partial shutdown for a little bit in April; that may add to that "longer feel" during that month. But I'm sure they're on some deadline to get out all of the 21s so they can retool and start the 22s. Just hope they don't rush it too much if you know what I mean.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After all you ordered the cream of the crop. Limited orders seem to take the longest because most options are standard which means lots of chips👍
I don't feel like it should matter. Gather the chips needed based on when the order was placed, so it still doesn't make sense how lesser chipped trucks can go quicker.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should have prefaced my statement that I’ve only ever owned / driven / been in social circles with people who have german cars LOL.

VW/BMW/Audi/MB lots of leaky sunroofs. I’ve never heard an American car owner complain :p so my sample size is much smaller.
My mitsubishi never had a leaky sunroof issue (16 years in the Florida sun) so fingers crossed that luck continues.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
2022 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, 4x4, Night Edition
Ordered: 5/15/21
VON: Not available yet
VIN: Not available yet
Window Sticker: Not available yet
Shipped by rail: Not available yet
ETA dealer: Not available yet

Is 10+ days to get the VON normal for California or does it just suck to be me? lol

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the Sport (Canada Only) too . in January. heading for 6 months . was in D status at the beginning of May. Can't tell ya what its at now. I called the dealership today and they never called back. I was told 8-12 weeks. but with Coof-19 I knew that wouldn't happen. Thought maybe end of April. My patience and understanding is growing thin. seems like RAM wants to be number 2 in Canada . but don't want to do the work.
That's ridiculous! Have y'all been able to find out any reasons why it takes so much longer for your builds?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Is 10+ days to get the VON normal for California or does it just suck to be me? lol
Good evening Mr. Fancy Pants, do please kindly wait for all of us 21s to get out the door before you come rolling in here with your 22s.
Though to answer your question, I do feel like that's longer than "normal", however since you're starting a new MY, they may wait longer to assign. My guess is you'd have to get lucky and get a response from someone who was in the thread during a previous MY switchover.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
Good evening Mr. Fancy Pants, do please kindly wait for all of us 21s to get out the door before you come rolling in here with your 22s.
Though to answer your question, I do feel like that's longer than "normal", however since you're starting a new MY, they may wait longer to assign. My guess is you'd have to get lucky and get a response from someone who was in the thread during a previous MY switchover.
I wanted a '21 but the software for ordering wouldn't let the dealer select that year. I was "unfortunately" forced to order '22.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I was told that the factory pauses everything for 3-4 weeks during the transition from one model year to the next.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
I was told that the factory pauses everything for 3-4 weeks during the transition from one model year to the next.
I hope that pause already happened because I need the truck by the end of July/early August. The dealer didn't say anything about a pause for the transition, they actually told me it should arrive in time, but they're a dealer so..... grain of salt. Thankfully CA has a refund law saying if I cancel my order for any reason, I get a full refund. Late delivery might see me exercising that so I can find something else. Though I really do want this one. Guess I just have to wait.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope that pause already happened because I need the truck by the end of July/early August. The dealer didn't say anything about a pause for the transition, they actually told me it should arrive in time, but they're a dealer so..... grain of salt. Thankfully CA has a refund law saying if I cancel my order for any reason, I get a full refund. Late delivery might see me exercising that so I can find something else. Though I really do want this one. Guess I just have to wait.
No it hasn’t happened yet and won’t for at least another month. The estimate is July-August. My guess is you won’t have the truck until September-October.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
No it hasn’t happened yet and won’t for at least another month. The estimate is July-August. My guess is you won’t have the truck until September-October.
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. So I'll probably be canceling and looking for something used. yay. -_-

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Truck is still sitting in the holding tank, awaiting shipment to the dealer. Been there for almost two weeks now. Checked with my salesman: new estimate is between tomorrow and two weeks from tomorrow.

Being that I’m a Packer fan in Green Bay, and the truck is in Chicago, I think I know why it’s taking so long…the Bears will offer it to me for Rodgers.
So who wins on that deal?

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. So I'll probably be canceling and looking for something used. yay. -_-
Not sure exactly what you ordered but have you tried searching other dealers to see if someone has what you are looking for?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean, I’m not expected to have my truck until the first week of July, and there were I think about 5 weeks of orders taken after I ordered. So even if they didn’t shut down for 3-4 weeks and you had the first 22 off the line (not likely) then you could get it mid-August at the earliest? Shipping is generally estimated at 2-3 weeks but quickest seems to be 7-10 days, and that’s if there’s no holds while they wait for multiple trucks for the same shipment. Of course all of these are just best guesses based on what I’ve been seeing from other people’s timelines.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
I mean, I’m not expected to have my truck until the first week of July, and there were I think about 5 weeks of orders taken after I ordered. So even if they didn’t shut down for 3-4 weeks and you had the first 22 off the line (not likely) then you could get it mid-August at the earliest? Shipping is generally estimated at 2-3 weeks but quickest seems to be 7-10 days, and that’s if there’s no holds while they wait for multiple trucks for the same shipment. Of course all of these are just best guesses based on what I’ve been seeing from other people’s timelines.
Yeah the more timelines I've been reading the more I'm feeling it won't arrive in time.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the way to work this evening, I finally got the call I've been waiting for. My truck has arrived at the dealership! 83 days from order to delivery. Now I get to impatiently work for 12 hours and go pick it up in the morning.
Sounds like a case of fakenitis coming on! 😅😂🤣

Users who are viewing this thread