5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
ordered 12-16-20
Build sheet popped up 2-10-21
Dealer said he saw tentative ship date of 2-14-21
Ram chat said yesterday it is at vendor getting accessories put on which for me is tubular side steps and spray in bed liner.
Dealer says he normally gets vehicles about 3 weeks after they ship so I am looking like mid March. That will be about 3 months.

Reaction score
This is my experience so far:

12/31/20 - Ordered
1/21/21 - Email from RAM Customer care quoting delivery during the week of Feb 16.
2/10/21 - Ram Chat informed me that all parts had been delivered and the vehicle was ready for assembly.
2/16/21 - Ram Chat informed me that truck has been built and is awaiting quality control inspection.
2/21/21 - Ram Chat informed me that all parts had been delivered and the vehicle was ready for assembly (we are going backwards).

MacFly

Reaction score
Trucked ordered on 1/22. Ram chat told me today: Thank you, I can see your vehicle has completed the initial build and is at the body vendor now having any additional or options equipment installed. This is the last stage in the build and will soon be moving onto shipping!
Anyone know exactly what "body vendor" is??
They didn't call it "body vendor" when I talked to them last week, but they said that mine was built and is having additional equipment installed, and I got the bedliner as well, so that was my guess too

redneck

Reaction score
This is my experience so far:

12/31/20 - Ordered
1/21/21 - Email from RAM Customer care quoting delivery during the week of Feb 16.
2/10/21 - Ram Chat informed me that all parts had been delivered and the vehicle was ready for assembly.
2/16/21 - Ram Chat informed me that truck has been built and is awaiting quality control inspection.
2/21/21 - Ram Chat informed me that all parts had been delivered and the vehicle was ready for assembly (we are going backwards).
this is exactly how i feel also i had all the parts in 2 weeks ago & it was sequenced for production now today its back to all the parts are in waiting to be schudeled for build. wtf

NCShooter

Reaction score
Ordered 12/15/2020
1/21 email from Ram to expect delivery week of 1/30
2/8 Started build process and build sheet available
2/11-2/19 stuck in JB
2/22 Window Sticker available!!!
Shipping usually takes 2-3 weeks to NC per dealer
I‘ve ordered seven vehicles from different manufacturers over the years including my current 2016 Ram 1500. This is the longest it has taken for delivery by several weeks...

Dealer said today estimated ship date of 3/3/21

Last edited:

21bighorn

Reaction score
I’m still trying to understand why some trucks take 4 weeks to get while others are taking months. And no real info as to what is the delay, just stuck in “B” waiting status. Just pretty bummed and disappointed after working for Chrysler for 30. SMH.

BooShaker

Reaction score
So, I checked today and got the, "I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage however a Dealer ETA has not been provided. It will remain in this stage until delivered to the Dealer" message from chat. Seems promising. I didn't check at all last week but the week before...and all the other times I checked...it was parts are in, waiting to be scheduled. Still not showing a window sticker or build sheet, so, I don't know what to think.

Reaction score
Update:

12/31/20 - Ordered
2/22/21 - Emailed dealer who responded immediately - Truck is in "E" status which is framing. Estimated shipping date of 2/25, but dealer thinks this unlikely.

I know this is not the place to plug a dealer, but I highly recommend Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA ([email protected]).

DevinB

Reaction score
I’m still trying to understand why some trucks take 4 weeks to get while others are taking months. And no real info as to what is the delay, just stuck in “B” waiting status. Just pretty bummed and disappointed after working for Chrysler for 30. SMH.
I’m hoping the inconsistency is mainly due to build differences requiring different parts, with parts availability changing from week to week as they’re allocated as-they-become-available.

I’m in week 4 of my 12 week estimate on a 2021 Limited. No updates in about a month since VIN was issued Jan 30.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well my dealer just called me today, without me bugging them!

he said he got word that the truck has a firm build date (the chip shortage won't affect me). he also said estimated ship date is second week of march. I live in IL so I'm assuming shipping is quick. we'll see. that would put me right around the 9 week mark for the order. originally estimated at 8 weeks, so I'm not too upset about that.

EXCITED!

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
So, I checked today and got the, "I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage however a Dealer ETA has not been provided. It will remain in this stage until delivered to the Dealer" message from chat. Seems promising. I didn't check at all last week but the week before...and all the other times I checked...it was parts are in, waiting to be scheduled. Still not showing a window sticker or build sheet, so, I don't know what to think.
Make sure to use Uppercase letters when checking for your build sheet and window

21bighorn

Reaction score

redneck

Reaction score
chat people give out alot of wrong info dont get your hopes to hi next week they will tell you is going to be built any day now.

Users who are viewing this thread