5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

KCViper

Reaction score
Im in the same boat. Laramie level 2, with advanced saftey group. ordered 2/1 and i have vin as well. Hoping that it doesnt delay.
I'm hoping that with a VIN that is tied to POC that we are locked in for equipment and this will only impact future orders built in the dealer configurator with new "A77" designation!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm hoping that with a VIN that is tied to POC that we are locked in for equipment and this will only impact future orders built in the dealer configurator with new "A77" designation!

Myself and a few others posted about this as it seems like any sold orders after Feb 1st would be on the new A77 package. Anything beforehand are intact on what they ordered for packages.

Will_T

Reaction score
Myself and a few others posted about this as it seems like any sold orders after Feb 1st would be on the new A77 package. Anything beforehand are intact on what they ordered for packages.
All I have seen is some wishful thinking and hoping that this is the case. Plus one customer who said their salesperson had a "conference call" with some unknowns and was told sold orders are OK. I have not seen anything official though. And have not seen anyone specifically state their dealer had talked to RAM directly and gotten assurances about this. If anyone has certain information, please post it here or in the other thread that specifically deals with this issue.

MagicA4

Reaction score
All I have seen is some wishful thinking and hoping that this is the case. Plus one customer who said their salesperson had a "conference call" with some unknowns and was told sold orders are OK. I have not seen anything official though. And have not seen anyone specifically state their dealer had talked to RAM directly and gotten assurances about this. If anyone has certain information, please post it here or in the other thread that specifically deals with this issue.
"Wishful thinking" nails it. As for my order, it's getting worse by the day. Ordered 12/23, D the very next day and no movement from there. Dealer told me that both the "Rebel decals" and the "Tonneau cover" were in constraint and to expect a build in March. I'm checking in sporadically with RAM customer services and today they weren't able the find the order in the system anymore. And yes ... I did order "Blind spot monitoring".

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It was my sales person and GM who had the conference call with someone who knew about what was going on. I was just relaying what information I was told from my dealer and the GM of the dealership. If the Editors of 5thgenrams didn't post that article about the change none of us would even know about it as I haven't seen it posted anywhere else about package changes. As I stated in a different post that the article was welcoming information but it did leave questions (specifically the ones who have orders out there currently).

Other than waiting to hear on a forum if your order is going to get changed then call up your dealer or GM and ask them directly. Otherwise we all wait until it is officially posts somewhere on RAM's website or media page that packages have changed. Not saying what so ever the article that was written isn't truth but until RAM has it all we can go on is the 1 article.

Will_T

Reaction score
Thanks @Snofire I talked to our sales rep this morning and as far as he knows nothing has changed on previously submitted orders although he has not been told anything specific. He will try to get confirmation tomorrow when his manager is in.

He also said that when trying to order a 1500 for a customer a couple of days ago, he noticed the packages had changed and anything controlled by the blind spot monitoring was no longer available. That was the first he had seen or heard of it so RAM did make the change in their system for new orders.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @Snofire I talked to our sales rep this morning and as far as he knows nothing has changed on previously submitted orders although he has not been told anything specific. He will try to get confirmation tomorrow when his manager is in.

He also said that when trying to order a 1500 for a customer a couple of days ago, he noticed the packages had changed and anything controlled by the blind spot monitoring was no longer available. That was the first he had seen or heard of it so RAM did make the change in their system for new orders.
Chip Shortage has been noted yesterday officially.

DivingOtter

Reaction score
As of Monday it had not affected the Rebel line, only Laramie's to my knowledge and what they posted on the Official news...

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My dealer said the same thing that they had no clue on it until I brought it up to them and then talked about it in their conference call this morning. It was @redriderbob who posted in the other thread "I am waiting to hear back from Ram. It sounds like trucks that have been ordered up until February will still get the Blind-Spot Monitoring if ordered. However, due to the shortage, it may take longer to have the truck built."

Chip Shortage has been noted yesterday officially.

Did RAM post this officially or are you going off of the article the was written 5thgenram? If RAM didn't post it I would officially say it is "official" but probably damn near close.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
For what it's worth, my 1500 Laramie ordered on 12/21, went to D1 on/around 2/1, and had the build sheet first came available on 2/8 lists "Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection". So appears I'm unnaffected.

nekit

Reaction score
If you go to Ram website and build you own. The blindspot option still appears as a selectable option. Are they just slow on updating their website?

laramie4x4

Reaction score
Just got below from chat, does this mean D but not D1 yet?

The Ram is in the pre-production stage which means all parts are gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I'd recommend contacting us back in two to three weeks for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you go to Ram website and build you own. The blindspot option still appears as a selectable option. Are they just slow on updating their website?

Either they are really slow at updating the site or they aren't going to change it because after you build your "perfect truck" you can search the inventories out there that have package. I wouldn't be surprised that they introduce a different named package sometime soon. Betting on that...no....Surprised? Nope

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer said the same thing that they had no clue on it until I brought it up to them and then talked about it in their conference call this morning. It was @redriderbob who posted in the other thread "I am waiting to hear back from Ram. It sounds like trucks that have been ordered up until February will still get the Blind-Spot Monitoring if ordered. However, due to the shortage, it may take longer to have the truck built."

Did RAM post this officially or are you going off of the article the was written 5thgenram? If RAM didn't post it I would officially say it is "official" but probably damn near close.
The article states it's from dealer sources; although dealers are usually moronic at best, assume its right considering every brand is going through the same thing globally.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most orders are probably for the lower or upper Trim Levels, So they pulled the
parts destined for the Laramies and shifted them over to the other trim levels.
JMO

Malodave

MacFly

Reaction score
Update: Dealer had said in late January that my truck was scheduled for production the first week of February. As of today, truck is "still in pre-production, all parts have been sourced, it's waiting to enter assembly" per RamCares, but no firm date on when... Very annoying.

db252

Reaction score
Window sticker popped up today so that is cool to see.

Quick summary:

Order 12/28
VIN 12/29
D1 01/08
FCA 01/21 - Email from FCA saying estimated delivery to dealer is 02/14
KZ 02/10 - Build sheet available
KZL 02/11 - Window sticker

Not holding my breath it will get to dealer on 02/14 (Michigan to Louisiana) but things have seemed to track very well. Sorry for the frustration others have had or are experiencing.

DanoUF

Reaction score
Got word from the dealer this morning that the truck has gone into shipping status, but that current ETA is TBD due to a hold up at the factory with not enough truck carriers for all of vehicles in transit. I'm guessing this mean it is in KZ L status according to the Order Codes thread.

txadv

Reaction score
Good thing I ordered Feb 1? I didnt hear anything different than what I wanted from the dealer when I ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online