5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Swampy

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 6-17. Just got word its planned build date is 8-24.

Take it with a grain of salt. I ordered 6/22, last week when I did ram chat they said it was scheduled to be built this week and to check back.. I checked back and now they said there’s nothing scheduled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAL2GK

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 6-17. Just got word its planned build date is 8-24.

As a 2020, I assume? I'd love it if it was a 2021 because that would mean they're starting a week earlier than what we have been led to believe so far.

If yours is a 2020, it'll be one of the last ones off the line!

Paultg

Reaction score
Mine was ordered on 6/16 and it arrived at the dealer today. Carl sent me a few photos. Maybe you folks waiting a bit longer ordered a longer lead time option?
This is my build:
Flame Red | 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 4x4 | Crew Cab | 5’-7” Bed | 5.7L Hemi | 3:21 Anti-Slip Diff | 33 Gal Tank | Pano Roof | 20x9 Premium Wheels | LV1 Equip Group | TBC | BUG | RWL | 5-Pass w/ console

Attachments

• 2020-07-28 16.19.29.jpg
    2020-07-28 16.19.29.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2020-07-28 16.19.25.jpg
    2020-07-28 16.19.25.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 28

Swampy

Reaction score
Mine was ordered on 6/16 and it arrived at the dealer today. Carl sent me a few photos. Maybe you folks waiting a bit longer ordered a longer lead time option?
This is my build:
Flame Red | 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 4x4 | Crew Cab | 5’-7” Bed | 5.7L Hemi | 3:21 Anti-Slip Diff | 33 Gal Tank | Pano Roof | 20x9 Premium Wheels | LV1 Equip Group | TBC | BUG | RWL | 5-Pass w/ console

Nice!

I ordered rebel 4x4, regular 5.7L in white.

Added bed utility group, rambox, rear wheelhouse liners, upgraded speakers, blind spot/cross path, advanced safety, and rebel level 2. Dealer is doing spray in bedliner and tonneau cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

potatohawk

Reaction score
Correct on assuming a 2020. Also ordered as a fleet rig. Ram chat deferred to calling fleet services. Ramboxes could also be contributing to a longer wait. Details in signature. That red and chrome looks amazing!

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
This is my build:
Very nice! Congrats!!

MrB

Reaction score
Correct on assuming a 2020. Also ordered as a fleet rig. Ram chat deferred to calling fleet services. Ramboxes could also be contributing to a longer wait. Details in signature. That red and chrome looks amazing!
Did you get a VIN number? What is the 10th "digit", L or M?

dgolay

Reaction score
As a 2020, I assume? I'd love it if it was a 2021 because that would mean they're starting a week earlier than what we have been led to believe so far.

The only info I've seen on 2021 initial production start date is 8-31-2020 - have you seen something earlier than that date? I'm not that confident they will even start on that date considering they are supposedly running the factories during much of the switchover break to continue making model year 2020's. But I would love to be pleasantly surprised!

Paultg

Reaction score
Thanks! All see on here are the red trucks with the sport package and painted bumpers. I was originally going to order white/chrome but decided I just liked the red.
Working on paperwork now and then I'll plan to head down and get it 2nd week of August. Harder to wait now that I know it's there!

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Thanks! All see on here are the red trucks with the sport package and painted bumpers. I was originally going to order white/chrome but decided I just liked the red.
Working on paperwork now and then I'll plan to head down and get it 2nd week of August. Harder to wait now that I know it's there!
Keep us posted! Especially about whether you're able to get the final buyer's paperwork beforehand - before heading down there and the $1,695 potential add back mystery.

Tonner

Reaction score
Awesome truck man. I just ordered mine on Friday. Very similar to yours. Attached my build. I may be in the minority but I actually prefer the look of the Laramie vs the Limited. I’m not a big fan of the thinner looking headlights on the limited. I know they are projector LEDs vs the reflector on the Laramie but I just think they look meaner on the Laramie. Also, what in the world is the Ziegler plan?

Attachments

• BB41B2D4-B3F6-4C0F-BB8C-AD354F504E0B.jpeg
    BB41B2D4-B3F6-4C0F-BB8C-AD354F504E0B.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 28

Paultg

Reaction score
Keep us posted! Especially about whether you're able to get the final buyer's paperwork beforehand - before heading down there and the $1,695 potential add back mystery.
For sure but no mysteries as of right now. He sent some stuff for me to review and I emailed back the stuff he needed. They are sending the official papers via fedex with return prepaid, I just review and sign it; fill out my autoloan check for them, and then send it all back. Then they process it. When I head down should be all set to just pick it up and leave after a quick truck inspection.

BasicBarks

Reaction score
Awesome truck man. I just ordered mine on Friday. Very similar to yours. Attached my build. I may be in the minority but I actually prefer the look of the Laramie vs the Limited. I’m not a big fan of the thinner looking headlights on the limited. I know they are projector LEDs vs the reflector on the Laramie but I just think they look meaner on the Laramie. Also, what in the world is the Ziegler plan?
Nice, yeah we basically have the same build, I love it, Skater and I just had the same convo about the laramie vs the limited, also the Zeigler plan is basically the same plan the dealership will try to sell you when you go do paperwork, but for about 3k less. Good choice though, you'll be the talk of the neighborhood with the New Ram!!

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
For sure but no mysteries as of right now. He sent some stuff for me to review and I emailed back the stuff he needed. They are sending the official papers via fedex with return prepaid, I just review and sign it; fill out my autoloan check for them, and then send it all back. Then they process it. When I head down should be all set to just pick it up and leave after a quick truck inspection.
This is how it should be! You get to skip the finance department so you could review the sales contract at home beforehand and sign it knowing there's no funny business with the numbers.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
The only info I've seen on 2021 initial production start date is 8-31-2020 - have you seen something earlier than that date? I'm not that confident they will even start on that date considering they are supposedly running the factories during much of the switchover break to continue making model year 2020's. But I would love to be pleasantly surprised!
My build sheet says 8th month/5th week for production start. So that matches what everyone has been reporting.

Chi93

Reaction score
Hi, new member here! Quick question to those who have ordered a 2021, have you gotten your VON or a VIN yet, ordered mine mid June and have not received anything, did place a deposit when I ordered my truck. Thanks

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Hi, new member here! Quick question to those who have ordered a 2021, have you gotten your VON or a VIN yet, ordered mine mid June and have not received anything, did place a deposit when I ordered my truck. Thanks
Have you contacted the sales person you've been working with? I imagine he'd be the one to call and give you updates.

Chi93

Reaction score
Have you contacted the sales person you've been working with? I imagine he'd be the one to call and give you updates.
I have, first time was beginning of July, he sent me over the build sheet and said he was sending it over to the manufacturer, I inquired about a VON and he said he will let me know when he receives it. Inquired about it last week so about 25 days since last contact and said he will get back to me, any time I call to speak to a manager, they ask who was your sales person and immediately transfer me.

Users who are viewing this thread