5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I have, first time was beginning of July, he sent me over the build sheet and said he was sending it over to the manufacturer, I inquired about a VON and he said he will let me know when he receives it. Inquired about it last week so about 25 days since last contact and said he will get back to me, any time I call to speak to a manager, they ask who was your sales person and immediately transfer me.
That's frustrating. Didn't realize it takes that long to get a VIN/ VON. I wonder if you could call Ram Cares and find out through them?

Chi93

Reaction score
That's frustrating. Didn't realize it takes that long to get a VIN/ VON. I wonder if you could call Ram Cares and find out through them?
According to other posters, you should be receiving the VON pretty much right away, I figured since it’s a 2021 and production hasn’t started that maybe we aren’t getting our VON until later but it seems other people are getting even more information at this point and I haven’t even received a VON 1.5 months later.

Paultg

Reaction score
I have, first time was beginning of July, he sent me over the build sheet and said he was sending it over to the manufacturer, I inquired about a VON and he said he will let me know when he receives it. Inquired about it last week so about 25 days since last contact and said he will get back to me, any time I call to speak to a manager, they ask who was your sales person and immediately transfer me.
Just because you ordered it with dealer doesn’t mean they ordered it with Chrysler. Once you get it from them it will actually show order date too.
When I ordered my truck I had the VIn in a few days because they ordered it quickly after our discussions.

Chi93

Reaction score
Just because you ordered it with dealer doesn’t mean they ordered it with Chrysler. Once you get it from them it will actually show order date too.
When I ordered my truck I had the VIn in a few days because they ordered it quickly after our discussions.
That I understand, but my sales guy had me go over the the build one last time because he said he was sending it over to Chrysler as soon as I approve it, this was a month ago. Idk, is it normal to sit on it for a month?

Paultg

Reaction score
That I understand, but my sales guy had me go over the the build one last time because he said he was sending it over to Chrysler as soon as I approve it, this was a month ago. Idk, is it normal to sit on it for a month?
I don’t think it’s normal. Just strange they can’t get you the info.

Chi93

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s normal. Just strange they can’t get you the info.
Thanks, wanted to make sure I’m not over expecting some information regarding a build in which I paid a deposit for, i guess I’ll just keep calling them.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Hi, new member here! Quick question to those who have ordered a 2021, have you gotten your VON or a VIN yet, ordered mine mid June and have not received anything, did place a deposit when I ordered my truck. Thanks

Von number is available as soon as the dealer hits submit button to order your truck. Call them, they have it! As far as the vin number that may take a week or two after the order is placed, but not much more than that usually. However since you ordered a 2021 and the production for 2021’s hasn’t started yet it could be delayed more time. Once you have the Vin # you can start looking for your build sheet and Window Sticker. Build sheet will be available once production of “your” truck starts. Window Sticker will not be available till the truck is built and accessories are installed and ready to go to the rail yard for shipping. Good Luck!

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Have they taken your deposit?

Chi93

Reaction score
Von number is available as soon as the dealer hits submit button to order your truck. Call them, they have it! As far as the vin number that may take a week or two after the order is placed, but not much more than that usually. However since you ordered a 2021 and the production for 2021’s hasn’t started yet it could be delayed more time. Once you have the Vin # you can start looking for your build sheet and Window Sticker. Build sheet will be available once production of “your” truck starts. Window Sticker will not be available till the truck is built and accessories are installed and ready to go to the rail yard for shipping. Good Luck!
Appreciate it, I figured as much just wanted to be sure before I starting calling them until they tell me something. Thanks!

Chi93

Reaction score
They usually refer you back to the selling dealer.
^correct, they told me just that, but he said to call them (ram cares) during business hours so they can contact the dealership and they will be able to get the requested information.

MrB

Reaction score
Hi, new member here! Quick question to those who have ordered a 2021, have you gotten your VON or a VIN yet, ordered mine mid June and have not received anything, did place a deposit when I ordered my truck. Thanks
FYI, as a point of reference, my order was submitted 30-June-2020 and my dealer sent me my 2021 VIN number on 8-July

Chi93

Reaction score
FYI, as a point of reference, my order was submitted 30-June-2020 and my dealer sent me my 2021 VIN number on 8-July
I’m going to give them a call again today, hopefully they have the vin as well, thanks

Tonner

Reaction score
I’m going to give them a call again today, hopefully they have the vin as well, thanks
I ordered my 2021 Laramie on Friday and the dealer sent me my VON on Monday. You absolutely should have it by now.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
I got my VON at the same time the truck was ordered. I chatted with RamCares two days later and they gave me my VIN. That was last week ... now I wait.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Mine was ordered on 6/16 and it arrived at the dealer today. Carl sent me a few photos. Maybe you folks waiting a bit longer ordered a longer lead time option?
This is my build:
Flame Red | 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 4x4 | Crew Cab | 5’-7” Bed | 5.7L Hemi | 3:21 Anti-Slip Diff | 33 Gal Tank | Pano Roof | 20x9 Premium Wheels | LV1 Equip Group | TBC | BUG | RWL | 5-Pass w/ console
When was your window sticker finally available? I know you posted last week that it still wasn't available. I still don't have my window sticker but seems like that happens really close to shipment based on your timing.

Users who are viewing this thread